Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I don't think Tara can even make it out of Sectionals today...
    So what, even Kwan can't make it out of Sectionals today either...
    Last edited by chachacha; 03-27-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by newvie View Post
    Hmmm... no wonder most of the uploaders of "Yuna kim is hated by other skaters" YT videos were Chinese Kim haters. I hoped they were some idiots who pretended to be Chinese, but you confirm me that they really were

I'm really glad to see Mao getting the Gold medal today after all the struggles throughout the season 09-10. I'm not still impressed by her musical interpretation, but i know she will make me happy next time with music that suits her.

Yuna, congrats for completing the mission to keep two tickets for Korea. I could really see she is naturally talented, but her performance was disappointing (compared to that of normal Yuna).

Laura... well, i always wished an European got a medal, and she made it!

I've just watched an interview of Caro and Mao. Caro speaks really good French! very impressive! She says she's happy that she had a good performance. (Caro, i love your skyblue dress!)
    And Mao, she didn't say a lot because the reporter didn't give her much time to speak. He was so excited to talk to her and busy praising her saying, "we, France, love you very much!"

Anyway, Congrats to all the medalists and thank you for all the skaters to perform even with the fatigue...

So you think Yuna Kim is really entitled to those ridiculously high marks?
    I see she is dancing elegently yet she has no more artistic power and ability to express it...
    Yes,sometimes I see she is dancing very cheerfully but when she failed so many jumpings and skating contents,how can she be still the NO.1 each time,for instance LP tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    So what, even Kwan can make it out of Sectionals today either...
    And Tara has what Yuna has - an OGM and a WC. And she retired at what - 15?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    Not much point here. I'm just saying you'll be more likely to see pro-Mao comments and I'm not saying anything's wrong with that, either.
    oh okay.
    maybe why many japanese come here is our board is not that fair to every skaters :( and we'd like to know what figure skating fans in other countries think about and get more information.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingmuch View Post
    So you think Yuna Kim is really entitled to those ridiculously high marks?
    I see she is dancing elegently yet she has no more artistic power and ability to express it...
    Yes,sometimes I see she is dancing very cheerfully but when she failed so many jumpings and skating contents,how can she be still the NO.1 each time,for instance LP tonight?
    Uhh....

How many jumping and skating content "failures" have you seen from her tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    Well I can tell you that over 40% here are from Japan according to: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.go...ph@r=home_home

Check Audience there.

Visitors by Country for Goldenskate.com
    Country
    Percent of Site Traffic
    Japan
    42.5%
    United States
    30.6%
    Germany
    7.0%
    Canada
    4.9%
    Hungary
    0.5%
    OTHER
    14.5%

if you say japanese, I think more than 4 out of 10 people will understand here
    I do not understand the intention with which the poster refers to those statistics, either.

Besides, GS has different stats.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...y-are-you-from

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    so...what's your point?
    we shouldn't come here?
    Ahahah Shoo you bad Japanese! Sayonara and don't come back!
    I mean, I see why there would be a lot of Japanese members. Japanese singles skating rocks: Midori Ito, Yuka Sato, Takeshi Honda, Daisuke Takahashi, Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Yukari Nakano, Takehiko Kozuka, Akiko Suzuki, Fumie Suguri, etc. How many wonderful skaters does this nation have to be proud of?

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the medalist. Especially to Mao for winning her second World title.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    I didn't know Mao had already tried her quad at the Olympics. I thought she was storing that up for Sochi Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't get why Yu-na's PCS is higher than Mao's, but I don't mind seeing Mao's PCS drop from her Olympic scores. Inflation was rampant then. Practically everyone's PCS here was lower than that at the Olympics. The judges are now off their Olympic-high to finally return to being reasonable in their marking. Even if Yu-na had gone clean, she would've received lower PCS than then. I think the debate comes down to why Yu-na's PCS is higher than Mao's. I'm guessing Olympic Champ bonus? Whether we like it or not, reputation and consistency play a big part in PCS. Yu-na's skating skills, interpretation, transitions and choreography weren't that bad (just bad compared to her usual self). It's her performance/execution component which should've been affected by the falls.

Exactly opposite happened in 2008 world, Mao got higher pcs thant everyone after the worst fall in her life and not doing much for about 10+ sec (20 sec I said before was probably not right). PCS is totally weird department I can't understand either.

Congrat. to Mao! This is totally undisputed clear cut Gold for her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Weir so full of himself - I find myself disagreeing with almost everything he has said in post skate analysis. He is plugging Miki - coz he wants to keep his little fans in Japan happy. Such a phony!
    And Ksenia too, that a girl had like 5 jumping passes that front-loaded her program. I think she probably won the distinction of the most front-loaded female skater ever, which means her Choregraphy is basically crap. No sound program should ever have that many jumping passes front loaded one after another. No wonder, she got killed on the PCS and rightfully so. Yet, all Johnny Weir can talk about her is as though she is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously, no. She got the jumps all right. As far as the program is concerned, lots of junior skaters know more about choregraphy than she does.

I think if Yuna was overmarked, it was in her PCS. But the placements are about right. There is no way I would put Laura above her. Maybe Miki? But I have to say, Yu-na could have totally melted down today, and she didn't, so I'm glad she can go and relax and have fun with her friends and family.
    But way to go for Akiko to pull up NINE SPOTS to 11th. Nice work by Cheltzie Lee -- I see great things from her. Also a great surprise from Cynthia--she had a lot pressure to stay in the top 10 and she definitely stepped up!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Well to be hornest it's the performance that counts!! Yuna deliver @ Olym and Mao deliver at this world and both performance are memorable. The only reason O might seem more glitterly is coz the whole world is watching!!
    Come on, are we really being honest here? In an Olympic year the OGM trumps the Worlds gold every time. I can't believe anyone would waste a neuron to consider the question; if someone ever did a poll of the skaters, I'd bet a big portion of my bank account on that. It's why OGMs feel justified in skipping Worlds, but the World Champion will never skip the Olys unless you broke their legs. Mao did great here, the only one who really delivered in both skates, but let's be objective, it's not going down in history as an iconic skate. Yuna's OGM performances was of Usain Bolt proportions. This has nothing to do with Mao's talent; as others have mentioned, she did the best she could this year with a flawed program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    Wallylutz,YES. BIG TIME. Yuna messed up some jumps but that is not so importatnt. To me that program was so flat. There is nothing appeling about it. She was skating almost like "Whatever" Her spins were awfully slow and that was terrible footwork. There is no doubt in my mind that Yuna has been overscored. It is RIDICULOUS!!
    You know, I think before you suffer a hypertension, I suggest take a deep breath and check out the protocols, which are now up. Try to understand the protocols first, and if you still disagree with the results, which is fine, at least be able to state clearly why you feel the results were incorrect. Right now, all I can see is your emotions and nothing else and that's hardly enough to make a legitimate complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Uhh....

How many jumping and skating content "failures" have you seen from her tonight?
    Well she did get zero points for that "waltz jump" and botched that 3S, but otherwise the program is clean. Not her best performance, but not a meltdown either. You can tell that autopilot really, really was at work here.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Ahahah Shoo you bad Japanese! Sayonara and don't come back!
    I mean, I see why there would be a lot of Japanese members. Japanese singles skating rocks: Midori Ito, Yuka Sato, Takeshi Honda, Daisuke Takahashi, Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Yukari Nakano, Takehiko Kozuka, Akiko Suzuki, Fumie Suguri, etc. How many wonderful skaters does this nation have to be proud of?
    There's no doubt Japan is the strongest in singles, which shows in the site stat. I think you should be proud if you're japanese. I don't know why anyone would be upset having more people interested in FS.

Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast