Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    so...what's your point?
    we shouldn't come here?
    But there are sooooooooo many Koreans and Chinese living in Japan and some of them have Japanese name as well. It seems you are one of them AYAYUKI ITUKA? ITUKA?

Custom Title
    Disappointing...yet I'm happy Mao rightfully won but what is the deal with this crappy scoring. Now I have to say they really need to change the value of the axel...and even the quad. Why in the world is Yu na in first in the lp and why is Mirai so low.

I'm so glad this season is over. The only good thing is Mao and Takahashi winning gold. I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    Don't be stupid yourself. She hereself awk'ed what she did. The Gold was clearly Mao's.
    whatever, mao won gold was just b/c it's that japanese tech caller cheated and didn't downgrade the double jump in combo. Her spiral should have been level 1 too b/c she did not held the position long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    but don't you think that it no fair. She missed it but she went back to it right away, and did a beautiful fast spin. She should earn partial credit for that since she completed it. Not 0 points.
    Rules are rules.

They said 2nd attempt won't count.

So the call was VERY fair.

Medalist
    I've understood it is in the rules, skater can attempt each element only once. If it fails and skater tries to do it again, it is worth 0. It is the same rule to everybody.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Disappointing...yet I'm happy Mao rightfully won but what is the deal with this crappy scoring. Now I have to say they really need to change the value of the axel...and even the quad. Why in the world is Yu na in first in the lp and why is Mirai so low.

I'm so glad this season is over. The only good thing is Mao and Takahashi winning gold. I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.
    Not only the value of 3axel. PCS scoring method has to be changed. It is way too subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Her spiral sequence got a 0 because it just wasn't a sequence. She let her foot down before she did her second spiral. She got a level 1 for one of her spins because it really wasn't a spin. It was her left foot losing control. Yesterday's SP was painful for me to watch, but I'm happy Yu-na got over it to deliver a redeeming skate today and leep from 7th to 2nd. I hope her poor performances (I mean poor by Yu-na's standards) here will motivate her to skate next season... just a fan's silver lining I'm grasping at straw here to make myself believe she will stay.
    Actually it was 0 on layback and lvl 1 on spiral.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.
    I think it comes down to who has the more enjoyable programs. Mao's music choices and choreography leave a lot to be desired by me. I miss the Mao of the 2007 season. I loved her music choices and light, joyful style back then. I wish dark, heavy, moody Mao would leave the building and bring back the lovely, joyous Mao! JMO.

Medalist
    whatever, mao won gold was just b/c it's that japanese tech caller cheated and didn't downgrade the double jump in combo. Her spiral should have been level 1 too b/c she did not held the position long enough.
    As a Yuna fan myself, I'm saying that it was fully rotated double.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Wow, things are really starting to get ugly in here.
    This is how you know somebody's favorite skater didn't do so well.

Custom Title
    The tech panel also downgraded 2 of Mao's 3 triple axels that probably would've been ratified in any other competition. If he really wanted to ensure Mao's victory, he could've ratified all three of her 3As and there probably would've been no complaints at all.

And I think you should remember the fact that it's not only Mr. Shin Amano that calls the shots--there are three people on the tech panel, and only one of them is Japanese.

You must be either blind - or a Yunabot.
    Mao was the deserving winner today - and Yuna deserved Silver. Possibly a fight over Laura and Miki - but I see no way to dispute Gold and Silver at this WC. For that matter, i think Laura also was the clear winner of Bronze.

:sheesh: What are some of you people watching? Must be many new fans of skating who just dont get it!

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Actually it was 0 on layback and lvl 1 on spiral.
    Whoops. Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Japanese singles skating rocks: Midori Ito, Yuka Sato, Takeshi Honda, Daisuke Takahashi, Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Yukari Nakano, Takehiko Kozuka, Akiko Suzuki, Fumie Suguri, etc. How many wonderful skaters does this nation have to be proud of?
    Love the Japanese skaters! (that also includes Nobu, Yoshie, Yukina Ota)

Congrats to all the medalists. I am particularly proud of Mao for her accomplishments after such a difficult season. Looking to the future, I hope Mirai and Rachel will look at this as another "learning" experience and build from it.

Good for Cynthia Phaneuf for securing 2 spots for Canada.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingmuch View Post
    So you think Yuna Kim is really entitled to those ridiculously high marks?
    I see she is dancing elegently yet she has no more artistic power and ability to express it...
    Yes,sometimes I see she is dancing very cheerfully but when she failed so many jumpings and skating contents,how can she be still the NO.1 each time,for instance LP tonight?
    Did I say anything about the marks?
    And I believe she has the "artistic power" and the "ability to express music". You might not agree with me, but that's what I like about her. For me, she can dance to any kind of music.

I didn't care much about her rank at this competition. I think she didn't, either. I guess she was "strongly" encouraged to participate for her nation, becuase Korea doesn't really have a good skater other than her. (Kwak is mediocre for me)

Yes, I think Mao should've won over Yuna in LP, but I'm not sure if her scores were "ridiculously high" as you say. In that case, all her past scores were super duper overscored and all the judges should've ben Yuna bots and Koreans, lol.

Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast