Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Disappointing...yet I'm happy Mao rightfully won but what is the deal with this crappy scoring. Now I have to say they really need to change the value of the axel...and even the quad. Why in the world is Yu na in first in the lp and why is Mirai so low.

I'm so glad this season is over. The only good thing is Mao and Takahashi winning gold. I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.
    If mao want to rightfully beat Yuna, she need to have a lot to work on. She need to have more choregraphy, difficult transition in and out of her jump. she need to learn how to interpret the music and acting when she skate. She need to do the real 3A, not the triple salchow with pre-rotation to pretent like a 3A.

Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    whatever, mao won gold was just b/c it's that japanese tech caller cheated and didn't downgrade the double jump in combo. Her spiral should have been level 1 too b/c she did not held the position long enough.
    As a Yuna fan, I found the tech caller VERY FAIR, regardless of his nationality. He applied his motto to everyone equally: when in doubt, downgrade.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    This is how you know somebody's favorite skater didn't do so well.
    And it never happens that everybody are pleased to results. Well, nobody questioned Katarina Witt's or Kristi Yamaguchi's wins in Olympics, but we did not have internet with discussion boards on those times.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Love the Japanese skaters! (that also includes Nobu, Yoshie, Yukina Ota)

Congrats to all the medalists. I am particularly proud of Mao for her accomplishments after such a difficult season. Looking to the future, I hope Mirai and Rachel will look at this as another "learning" experience and build from it.

Good for Cynthia Phaneuf for securing 2 spots for Canada.
    ITA - especially about Cynthia. She really held it together and most Canadians appreciate the extra pressure she felt.
    Well done for Cynthia!

Custom Title
    I think Mao will have better programs next season but a great ending for her to win the title. If only Mirai did okay I can be more excited. It's good to see that Mirai still scored pretty good in the pcs.....4th behind mao, miki and yuna.
    Last edited by lavender; 03-27-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Medalist
    Disappointing...yet I'm happy Mao rightfully won but what is the deal with this crappy scoring. Now I have to say they really need to change the value of the axel...and even the quad. Why in the world is Yu na in first in the lp and why is Mirai so low.

I'm so glad this season is over. The only good thing is Mao and Takahashi winning gold. I like both Mao and Yu na but what will it take for Mao to rightfully beat even a flawed Yu na.
    As a Yuna fan, I think Yuna's much stronger in 2nd and/or 3rd jump in 3/2, 2/3, 3/2/2 combo than Mao. Not just the height and speed. You can even notice the gap between jumps are different. But I liked Mao's 3/2/2 in this LP. That was much better than Olympic's. Not much gap between jumps.

Also, the spread-eagle to 2a. Mao changes her foot to start 2A. In spin, her foot change was too noticable.

Mashimaro on Ice
    I just Mirai's interview. She's so disappointed with her performance and had tears in her eyes. I hope she doesn't beat herself too much for this; she did really well here.

Rinkside
    As a Yuna fan, I found the tech caller VERY FAIR, regardless of his nationality. He applied his motto to everyone equally: when in doubt, downgrade.
    haha, I thought the official guideline is: when in doubt, always give the benefit of the doubt for the skaters?

Medalist
    And Sweden got 2 spots as well, that is a suprise and congratulations to Victoria. This is strange, they have on ly 1 spot in Euros and 2 in Worlds. It is very likely to be Helgerssons' sisters in worlds next year.

Custom Title
    I'm happy Mao ended her season as a World Champion; and Yuna coming back after her SP, how impressive is that?!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    As a Yuna fan, I think Yuna's much stronger in 2nd and/or 3rd jump in 3/2, 2/3, 3/2/2 combo than Mao. Not just the height and speed. You can even notice the gap between jumps are different. But I liked Mao's 3/2/2 in this LP. That was much better than Olympic's. Not much gap between jumps.

Also, the spread-eagle to 2a. Mao changes her foot to start 2A. In spin, her foot change was too noticable.
    Well, she was doing a change foot combination. :sheesh:

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    haha, I thought the official guideline is: when in doubt, always give the benefit of the doubt for the skaters?
    I don't think he got the memo. LOL. Did you see how many DGs he gave out?

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I just Mirai's interview. She's so disappointed with her performance and had tears in her eyes. I hope she doesn't beat herself too much for this; she did really well here.
    Mirai needs to be tougher. A world medal was hers to lose. She could've easily beaten Yuna and Laura if she'd just skated clean. Obviously being #1 puts too much pressure on her.

I think Mao will have better programs next season but a great ending for her to win the title. If only Mirai did okay I can be more excited.
    I am sad for Mirai too - but she did not skate well today. Hope she comes back more determined.
    Don't forget this was her first Worlds. I see a bright futire for her.

It will be so interesting if Mao and Yuna both stick around - but i have a feeling Yuna is done. And why not? She may decide top start the nest chapter of her life which would be serious Univerity studies.....not to mention a more normal, non-sequestered lifestyle.

If Yuna continues - I say great for her and extra great for skating!

Custom Title
    I don't think he got the memo. LOL. Did you see how many DGs he gave out?
    Yes, but as you said, at least he was consistent across the board!

Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast