Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    But there are sooooooooo many Koreans and Chinese living in Japan and some of them have Japanese name as well. It seems you are one of them AYAYUKI ITUKA? ITUKA?
    it combined my name-two of my friends' name.
    i know some japanese hate korean. i think you are one of them.
    but you shouldn't care that when you are watching any kind of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I am sad for Mirai too - but she did not skate well today. Hope she comes back more determined.
    Don't forget this was her first Worlds. I see a bright futire for her.

It will be so interesting if Mao and Yuna both stick around - but i have a feeling Yuna is done. And why not? She may decide top start the nest chapter of her life which would be serious Univerity studies.....not to mention a more normal, non-sequestered lifestyle.

If Yuna continues - I say great for her and extra great for skating!
    I don't know if you saw the interview I posted, but Yuna said she's just happy the season's over. She's happier now than she was after the Oly that it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    but don't you think that it no fair. She missed it but she went back to it right away, and did a beautiful fast spin. She should earn partial credit for that since she completed it. Not 0 points.
    It has nothing to do with the japanese tech caller how Yuna messed up her SP. Are you implying that the tech caller was japanese and therefore Yuna got 0 points for her layback?

I don't know why people in China hate Yuna.. I have to say they are jealous because Yuna has it all.

I hope Yuna can go on a long vacation no that the season is over. Hopefully she will stay in for another 4 yrs.

I am so sad for Mirai. I hope she works harder and come back strong next season!

As for Mao, I am still not liking her programs. I hope she find a really good coach and a choreographer.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Yes, but as you said, at least he was consistent across the board!
    I do respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Yes, but as you said, at least he was consistent across the board!
    I like that about him though. That way, the final placement is fair.

I don't care how strict or lenient tech callers are. I just want them to be consistent.

Custom Title
    I am sad for Mirai too - but she did not skate well today. Hope she comes back more determined.
    Don't forget this was her first Worlds. I see a bright futire for her.

It will be so interesting if Mao and Yuna both stick around - but i have a feeling Yuna is done. And why not? She may decide top start the nest chapter of her life which would be serious Univerity studies.....not to mention a more normal, non-sequestered lifestyle.

If Yuna continues - I say great for her and extra great for skating!
    I'm still proud of Mirai and I think she will only get better and stronger. The judges obviously see her talent...you can see from the pcs scores. I'm more sad about how the media will treat her. I just hope the journalist don't beat her down. You know how they turn on ya.

Mao is definitely staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Mirai needs to be tougher. A world medal was hers to lose. She could've easily beaten Yuna and Laura if she'd just skated clean. Obviously being #1 puts too much pressure on her.
    Obviously?? Are you so sure? It was her first Worlds. We saw many of the younger 16 year olds fall down in the LP. Does this also mean MJ can't handle pressure? Maybe some of these younger kids were just extended. Or could we say Yuna can't handle pressure after winning the OGM?

It was just one competition at the end of a long season. Due to USA politics Mirai has been competing under intense pressure for the past few months. Personally - I can see how she was due for a let down.

It is hard to skate your best every time out. Yuna proved that, no?

Custom Title
    I like that about him though. That way, the final placement is fair.

I don't care how strict or lenient tech callers are. I just want them to be consistent.
    Exactly. At least this way there should be no cries of "unfair downgrading"!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Well, she was doing a change foot combination. :sheesh:
    I know that as I'm not blind

I'm just saying compared to Yuna's change foot combo as the orignial poster asked how to beat Yuna.

If you watch that side by side like the one in NBC's comparison, you'll see what I mean.

One more thing Mao can fix is here sit-spin, her legs were keeping coming down as she spins.

On the Ice
    Rules are rules.

They said 2nd attempt won't count.

So the call was VERY fair.
    If in was this case, Mao should get 0 point for the 2A jump too since she did it twice and that's NOT allow.

Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    But there are sooooooooo many Koreans and Chinese living in Japan and some of them have Japanese name as well. It seems you are one of them AYAYUKI ITUKA? ITUKA?
    I don't get what the intention behind this post is.

Medalist
    If in was this case, Mao should get 0 point for the 2A jump too since she did it twice and that's NOT allow.
    Skater can include each jump twice in the program, but third attempt to same jump is worth 0. Rules are worth of studying. Edit: Not too many jumps, though, I cannot remember how many.
    Last edited by TT_Fin; 03-27-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Obviously?? Are you so sure? It was her first Worlds. We saw many of the younger 16 year olds fall down in the LP. Does this also mean MJ can't handle pressure? Maybe some of these younger kids were just extended. Or could we say Yuna can't handle pressure after winning the OGM?

It was just one competition at the end of a long season. Due to USA politics Mirai has been competing under intense pressure for the past few months. Personally - I can see how she was due for a let down.

It is hard to skate your best every time out. Yuna proved that, no?
    She doesn't have to skate her best.

But after she won the US nat, she finished off-podium. Yes, she had growth spurt and so on, so let's say that season was a fluke.

Then this season, didn't she finish 1st in SP but off-podium in grand prix (the one in Russia IIRC). And again she's 1st in SP and off-podium.

I'm merely making an observation that she doesn't seem to do well when she's the chased, rather than the chaser (or someone w/ nothing to lose).

As for MJ -- she can't handle the pressure, nor is she technically good enough to measure up to Mirai and others right now.

It seems like you have been a figure skating fan for less than a year :sheesh:

Give these girls a break - and the judges too. Yuna was not at her best in this competition and still won Silver. Mao deserved her Gold today.

I am very disappointed for Mirai - but accept she just didn't skate a clean enough LP.

Sometimes we have to accept what happens on the ice - and leave biased nationalistic feelings out of it.

Mao won, Yuna second and Laura third.
    Well done to the medalists!

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't get what the intention behind this post is.
    Based on his/her previous posts, the poster doesn't like Yuna and perhaps Koreans in general.

Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast