Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    If in was this case, Mao should get 0 point for the 2A jump too since she did it twice and that's NOT allow.
    No she didn't.

Please just stop. You're turning yourself into a very unpleasant bot.

Down With It
    Damn. More surprises in the freeskate...this time, not so pleasant ones, for me at least...

This feels so anticlimactic, having it after Olys. I don't think I've ever felt this bleh before. Gone are the days I'd get up early in the morning and tune into Eurosport's live Worlds audio stream, and/or follow PBP on FSU...getting nervous, etc...those were the days...now, checking the results wasn't the first or even the second thing on my mind this morning

But I digress. congrats to Asada for winning another World championship and beating the OGM in order to do it. She should feel proud of that. And also Kim for fighting back to get on the podium. But what's Lepisto doing up there?

Looks like our ladies had some struggles. Things were looking up after the SP but seems they came undone. Oh well, what can you do. But I hope it's too early to wonder what the heck happened to US ladies skating. I hope it was just an off-night.

Anyway, an end to a rather strange season IMHO. Of course the highlight event for me was the US Nationals...nice to finally bring back that anticipation and nervousness that I used to feel watching big skating events in the earlier part of the decade. Hope there are more to come. And Nagasu really made the most progress IMHO- I really hope this was just an off-night for her because I think if she keeps improving, she can be one of the world's best. Lepisto also seems to be breaking in - or the judges seem to be breaking her in - to the truly elite level of world skating. With this world medal she can continue to contend for medals in the future, assuming she doesn't pull a Sokolova or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't get what the intention behind this post is.
    Troll.

Medalist
    Ot but little bit on subject: Are there rules somewhere on ISU's sites? I know only I have heard from commentators during years.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I know that as I'm not blind

I'm just saying compared to Yuna's change foot combo as the orignial poster asked how to beat Yuna.

If you watch that side by side like the one in NBC's comparison, you'll see what I mean.

One more thing Mao can fix is here sit-spin, her legs were keeping coming down as she spins.
    Well, it doesn't really make a difference in scores as they get comparable GOE's for non-jump elements. It's only in the jump elements that Yuna has the advantage in GOE.

Quote Originally Posted by TT_Fin View Post
    Skater can include each jump twice in the program, but third attempt to same jump is worth 0. Rules are worth of studying. Edit: Not too many jumps, though, I cannot remember how many.
    He's referring to Mao's 3A< in SP.

Obviously he's a bot.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    No she didn't.

Please just stop. You're turning yourself into a very unpleasant bot.
    yes she did. she did 2A-2t, triple flip, then 2A. She got 0 points at CoR, but not here... Grrr... that no fair

Tripping on the Podium
    Urgh. 3A< is different from 2A. On CoR, she just rotated upto 2A, entirely different situation. Stop your trolling.

mylastduchess
    First of all Kudos to Yu-na for even showing up... she could have been lazy and stayed home, enjoy her OGM win and Korean adoration but she didn't

Congratulations to Mao at 19 she won 2 worlds and Olympic silver medal! Feel bad for the 4-5th placers who are just a a point more/less to a medal

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    She doesn't have to skate her best.

But after she won the US nat, she finished off-podium. Yes, she had growth spurt and so on, so let's say that season was a fluke.

Then this season, didn't she finish 1st in SP but off-podium in grand prix (the one in Russia IIRC). And again she's 1st in SP and off-podium.

I'm merely making an observation that she doesn't seem to do well when she's the chased, rather than the chaser (or someone w/ nothing to lose).

As for MJ -- she can't handle the pressure, nor is she technically good enough to measure up to Mirai and others right now.
    We could have said the same back in '07 when Yuna had the lead after her SP and then had a shaky, subpar LP.
    You are basing Mirai's character and competitive abilty on what - 2 skates?
    Before you start with the Yuna excuses - Mirai has a sick mother - she feels pressure too. She hasn't even been with her coach for a year yet.

I think Mirai messed up - but like the other girls said - she was really tired trying to train for this event. Yuna was not her best and either was Mirai. That's the way it goes sometimes.

I am not going to make a determination now that Yuna can't handle success - just as I won't decide Mirai can't handle it either.

This was kind of a no brainer for me. After the SP I was sure Mao had this championship. I knew Mirai would have to skate well to keep 3rd - and she didn't. I refuse to label her with anything yet. It is too early in her senior career.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Lepisto also seems to be breaking in - or the judges seem to be breaking her in - to the truly elite level of world skating. With this world medal she can continue to contend for medals in the future, assuming she doesn't pull a Sokolova or something.
    In oly's she doubled "only" one jump. Here she had good lutz, at last. Next year she must have them both and include another lutz and she must learn to do to flip. There are so many talented skaters who can jump, Ksenia, Cynthia, Sarah H...for example and there are some girls who are not old enough for example in Russia.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't get what the intention behind this post is.
    yeah,many chinese and korean live in japan and have kinda of japanese name.
    however taking a good look, their name don't sound like native japanese.
    maybe she/he talks about my username is kind of that *sigh*

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    yes she did. she did 2A-2t, triple flip, then 2A. She got 0 points at CoR, but not here... Grrr...
    NO, she did a 3A2T but the 3A was DG so its 3A< and another 2A is fine.
    In COR, her first attemp was way too short as a 3A so it marked as 2A but still short, so she got a 2A<, in this case, her 2A later i the SP didn't count

n/m

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Random comment: I was kind of hoping Yu-na would win here, not just because I'm a fan, but because it would be awesome to see a Yagudin-like grand slam of titles. Yu-na was close, winning TEB, SA, GPF and the Olympics, but not Worlds. I wish she had maintained her Olympic level of focus and practice, like Mao had. That would have made this competition so much more interesting. Hoping the Sochi OGM fulfills my little wish (and hoping this OGM is Mirai).
    Last edited by dlgpffps; 03-27-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast