Congratulations to medalist!
I think Laura Lepisto was overscored!
Objectively, here is what I see in them - I mean, thing's I'd like to see in the skaters in the future. Given how technically superb they both are, in their own unique, distinctive ways, I know I'm already asking for far too much. But there you go.
- 3 Loop: I know she included this jump in the past until COR 2007? and I remember it being textbook, just like all other jumps she does in her routines. I know that she had had a massive fall on this jump/going to the boards in the SP in juniors (I remember the 05 world?); and I hear that this is one of her least favourite jumps. I think last time we saw her 3Lo was 4CC 2009, when she fell on it. She then announced that she's going to to leave this jump until after the Olympics, so if she decides to compete for seasons to come, it'd be superb to see the whole range of triples in her FS. This lady already is in the league of her own, as shown in the O, but I'm sure her FS routine can upgrade, technically. PCS will only follow suit. Wow. 150+? Seriously?
Yuna has surprised, well, me in the change of FS jump routine this year (09/10) so I know there always is a chance she'll amaze us yet again next season, which, hopefully will include 3Lo.
- 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T in one programme: To me, she performs the most gorgeous combinations, and it was a shame that we didn't get to see the latter this season. But, I've seen in many practices she does 3F+3T, so she clearly is keeping up with it. Good for her! Unfortunately though, this would mean she'll have to give up her another amazing combo, 2A+3T. But, she had performed 2A+3S in the past, and this should be just as good.
So, in my own little dream world, her new line up for FS looks something like: 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T, 2A+3S+2T (hang on, does 3Lz+2T+2Lo sound better?), 3Lz, 3Lo, 3S, 2A
- lastly, 3A or a quad. I know it sounds insane, but hey, one can dream. To me, she does some of the most powerful, fully-rotated jumps and seeing her 2A (especially in SP) this season, she may just be able to pull it off. As many has pointed out, she has great trajectory and maintains such tight rotations in the air, so if anyone can do it, my bet will be on hers. On a side note, apparently yuna suffered a big anti-climax crash and a lack of motivation following the big O? I mean, these should be enough to motivate her to compete again..
- 3A: A shocking number of her 3A's were DG this season, including this very WC. I'm sure she'll work on her jumping mechanisms over the summer to improve upon this.
- 3Lz, 3S: Both toe jumps seemed to have completely disappeared off her routines. Would be good to see them back next season.
- 3-3: Also disappeared from her routines. I remember the time when she pulled off two 3-3 in one programme and going 'woah...'. I'm sure this will, too, be on her agenda over the summer.
Last edited by Sazzy; 03-27-2010 at 02:07 PM.
I have to confess until yesterday that I was torn between wishing Yuna win and wishing Yuna lose, somewhat so that she wants to come back next season. I know, I am a selfish fan who wants to see Yuna's skating a bit more probably to Sochi, - and anther OGM for her :P
Mao won her second WC.....good for her. Yuna simply wasn't up to defending her title. That's the way it goes.
But don't try and tell us Yuna didn't care or lost because she had nothing to prove.
Mao won this event and deserves FULL credit. Yuna came second - and also deserves credit.
The excuses don't wash with me. Mao deserves full credit for winning.
Now you're just being unreasonable. The rule was changed to allow difference between downgraded triple and double. (And quad and triple) some seasons ago. If you don't like rule, that's your opinion but you can insist competition result should be different by your rule.chachacha
If it's not triple, then it's a double period, no excuse please.
Last edited by sleepymom; 03-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.
I love Laura but I don't think she deserves Bronze for that many mistakes. Poor Mirai, hope she will come back stronger. She has the whole package, just her nerve that kills her.
She needs to believe in herself, hope Frank can fix her. I'm not sure why the judges do not like Mao, those low scores, however, she deserves gold. Congrats to all.
PS: well, same thing for you guys too. If you don't like results, that's your opinion but you can't said that Yuna marks are inflated. That's not fair for Yuna and I don't like that.