Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Yuna's press interview is up on the web

It was a mentally difficult time, so I'm happy I was able to overcome my difficulties....

I was 1st in LP, and this is the 1st time winning silver at the Worlds, so I'm happy...

Oly was my biggest goal, and after I got the OGM I had nothing else I wanted / wished for, and physically and mentally I wasn't sure if I could do it again. Still I told myself to do the competition with a relaxed attitude. But when I actually got here it didn't go so well. (Yuna laughs)

I thought if I'm going to do it [competition], I should do it right. So though it wasn't perfect, I think I did okay.

There was a chance to win every competition this season, but I won't mind too much about silver at the Worlds....

No athlete can compete in the same condition all the time. You never know what's going to happen. So I can accept the result here. Gold isn't everything. I have no regrets....

When we [Mao & I] were in the jr circuit, everyone called us rivals. I didn't think at that time that this rival relationship would last this long. I believe the stress was very big for Mao and me both, but I think we overcame it well. So I think that's a great accomplishment....

The season just ended. I want to think about my future after I get some rest.

-------------------------

You can rest now Yuna! You earned it!

Yes, I think Yu-na actually enjoys the rivalry. I mean it's funny how fans of both are so disrepectful of each other yet Yuna and Mao, in general, are very kind when they talk about the other. And quite frankly for us figure skating fans, it's amazing to see this rivalry over the years and the paths they have taken.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    You don't need to look any further, I can tell you with 100% certainty a downgraded jump is treated as the intented jump prior to its downgrade, not the value which it was assigned to. So a 3A< is considered a Triple Axel for all intented purpose. It is NOT count as a Double Axel as someone else falsely alledged.
    Yes, I agree with you. I just like reading the exact rules and getting the attribution.

ETA: But it is a problem though if she pops the jump to the 2A right? ala Cup of Russia?

so Japan won both men and ladies plus jr men and ladies.. wow!

^ By the way credit to Nadia for the translation!!!!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    The difference is, you're saying Mao won only because the JAPANESE tech caller was in her favor.
    I apology for that and I take it back then. I just felt so angry that many people bashing Yuna and said she didn't deserve the mark she got. But I kinda calm down now. However, I still do believe that Yuna can still win this world title if the judge give her partial credit for her spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    I realize you're perhaps being ironical to prove a point, but to say "I am not going to make a determination now that Yuna can't handle success" and equate it with Mirai's case unecessarily harms the credibility of your basic premise. The girl only won the final Worlds before the Olys (which is probably second only to the Olympics itself in terms of hype and pressure, because it establishes the frontrunners), then proceeded to go undefeated with a perfect win record in the GPs including the final, culminating the season with about as perfect an OGM campaign as anyone has ever seen. What in the world are you talking about?

I do agree that Mirai is still too young to firmly stick a label on as of yet, but let's not go overboard with the false equavalencies.
    Yes, I was being ironic - but let's consider that Yuna wants to be remebered as one of the greatest skaters of all time.

Kristi is still the last Lady skater to win the WC, the OGM and then defend her WC.

Maybe that is part of why Kristi is still remebered and regarded so highly today. And it is not like Kristi did not have a fierce rival - some claim that 1990's Midori could beat Yuna and Mao.

I objected to the poster dismissing Mirai so casually - and yet trying to clain Yuna had nothing to prove. What baloney - maybe she meant it to come out differently - but I don't think Yuna went to Torino to try and win Silver. If she did - it only emphasiszes Kristi's greatness!

Custom Title

Duct tape

Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    no, that not what I heard. I think one must be in a combination or in sequence.

Don't you love it when people have no idea what they are talking about...

I got a present for you:

http://www3.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page...-0-file,00.pdf

ref. page 13, ISU Technical Panel Handbook Single Skating

Jumping elements are individual jumps, jump combinations and jump
    sequences. A well balanced Free Skating program must contain 8 jumping
    elements for Senior & Junior Men and 7 jumping elements for Senior &
    Junior Ladies one of which must be (or must include) an Axel type jump.
    Individual jumps can contain any number of revolutions.
    Of all the triple and quadruple jumps only two (2) can be repeated and these
    repetitions must be in either a jump-combination or in a jump sequence. A
    Double Axel can not be included more than three times in total in a Single’s
    Free Program (as a Solo Jump or a part of Combination/Sequence)
    . Triple and
    quadruple jumps with the same name will be considered as two different jumps.
    A repeated triple or quadruple solo jump, not included into a jump combination
    or a jump sequence, will be considered as a part of a not successfully executed
    jump sequence and counted as a jump sequence with only one jump executed.
    If three (3) jump combinations or jump sequences (in total) have already been
    executed, the repeated solo jump will be treated as an additional element and
    therefore not considered and it will block a jumping box if still available. No
    triple or quadruple jump can be attempted more than twice

So please, stop, will you? So long as I am here, your little conspiracy theory will have no room to grow, so please save your energy.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes, I think Yu-na actually enjoys the rivalry. I mean it's funny how fans of both are so disrepectful of each other yet Yuna and Mao, in general, are very kind when they talk about the other. And quite frankly for us figure skating fans, it's amazing to see this rivalry over the years and the paths they have taken.
    I think Yu-na and Mao are great for each other. They probably would not have reached such heights without their counterpart. I'd like to see them fight to the very end (until both retire), but I don't know if I'll be able to stomach all the stupidity and hatred shown by bots.

I apology for that and I take it back then. I just felt so angry that many people bashing Yuna and said she didn't deserve the mark she got. But I kinda calm down now. However, I still do believe that Yuna can still win this world title if the judge give her partial credit for her spin.
    you just said " I take it back then" yet you are still blaming the judges!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes, I agree with you. I just like reading the exact rules and getting the attribution.

ETA: But it is a problem though if she pops the jump to the 2A right? ala Cup of Russia?
    then, please happy tresure hunting, I am too lazy to find you the exact rule quote after having to deal with a troll already. Or you can trust what I told you, I wouldn't make this kind of thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    See, that is the type of Yuna 'excuses" that are belittling to other skaters.

Mao won her second WC.....good for her. Yuna simply wasn't up to defending her title. That's the way it goes.
    But don't try and tell us Yuna didn't care or lost because she had nothing to prove.

Mao won this event and deserves FULL credit. Yuna came second - and also deserves credit.

The excuses don't wash with me. Mao deserves full credit for winning.
    Huh?

Mao is still hungry b/c she hasn't won OGM. She still feels like she has something to prove.

Yuna won all the titles she can win.

That's not belittling. It's a fact.

Also I never said Mao doesn't deserve full credit for winning. It's not Mao's problem that Yuna wasn't prepared to defend her title.

Why are you attacking me? Is it b/c you're offended that I don't think Mirai is the best thing since the sliced bread?

Custom Title
    However, I still do believe that Yuna can still win this world title if the judge give her partial credit for her spin.
    But why should the judges give her partial credit for her botched spin in the SP? Yu-Na made mistakes and was penalized for them accordingly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    so Japan won both men and ladies plus jr men and ladies.. wow!
    Wow, that's right! Congratulations, Japan!

Looking back the season, I think it interesting that the same program can look totally different by the way it was executed. Rochette, Mirai, Yuna, and Mao they all had dramatic ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Yuna's press interview is up on the web

It was a mentally difficult time, so I'm happy I was able to overcome my difficulties....

I was 1st in LP, and this is the 1st time winning silver at the Worlds, so I'm happy...

Oly was my biggest goal, and after I got the OGM I had nothing else I wanted / wished for, and physically and mentally I wasn't sure if I could do it again. Still I told myself to do the competition with a relaxed attitude. But when I actually got here it didn't go so well. (Yuna laughs)

I thought if I'm going to do it [competition], I should do it right. So though it wasn't perfect, I think I did okay.

There was a chance to win every competition this season, but I won't mind too much about silver at the Worlds....

No athlete can compete in the same condition all the time. You never know what's going to happen. So I can accept the result here. Gold isn't everything. I have no regrets....

When we [Mao & I] were in the jr circuit, everyone called us rivals. I didn't think at that time that this rival relationship would last this long. I believe the stress was very big for Mao and me both, but I think we overcame it well. So I think that's a great accomplishment....

The season just ended. I want to think about my future after I get some rest.

-------------------------

You can rest now Yuna! You earned it!
    A couple of things

1. This is my translation of an article written in Korean. Can you at least attribute the original article so people can read the original if they want? There are people who may want to do that, provided that they're fluent enough to read it.

2. Preferably -- can you just link to the translation? I sometimes edit if I don't think the translation's not quite right. :-)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 03-27-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast