Ladies - LP | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

rtureck

Final Flight
rtureck seems to ask youtubo whether Yuna is beatable or unbeatable but this is my two cents.

Actually, I did not ask youtubo whether Yuna was beatable or unbeatable. But I find it interesting that youtubo post Scott's comments about yuna at olys in a wolrd lp thread. Youtubo post the same comments from Scott twice without adding any of his/her comments????? And what s/he said seemed to be contradictory.

I know YuNa is beatable, period. I think even Yuna herself dares not to dismiss other top skaters. This is a world lp thread and not whether Yuna is rhetorically unbeatable or not. Maybe youtubo is confused about geography, and mistook world lp thread as an olys thread. (Afterall youtubo is the person who went to the Guiness world record thread and called the Guiness world record, Guiness Japanese record. )

Yeah, this lp maybe her last, and in this comp she was beaten by another skater, not by herself. I already had quite a discussion with a Yuna fan in this thread earlier, that some skaters, e.g. Mao has the potential to beat Yuna everytime they both laced up. I don't read Yuna's mind , but I think Yuna herself believes that too. Going forward, I hope if Yuna continues to skate, she is doing it for herself and not for her federation or whatever. Yuna has accomplished all hef goals, she deserves to go to Disneyland or go to college, and do whatever makes her happy. The thought of Ito 1996 worlds still hurts. And now I am off topic.

Anyways back on topic, I learnt something from watching world lp, it was tough to accept and finally learn why Laura was placed third

Last edited:

Goldenskater

Rinkside
Actually, I did not ask youtubo whether Yuna was beatable or unbeatable. But I find it interesting that youtubo post Scott's comments about yuna at olys in a wolrd lp thread. Youtubo post the same comments from Scott twice without adding any of his/her comments????? And what s/he said seemed to be contradictory.

I know YuNa is beatable, period. I think even Yuna herself dares not to dismiss other top skaters. This is a world lp thread and not whether Yuna is rhetorically unbeatable or not. Maybe youtubo is confused about geography, and mistook world lp thread as an olys thread. (Afterall youtubo is the person who went to the Guiness world record thread and called the Guiness world record, Guiness Japanese record. )

Yeah, this lp maybe her last, and in this comp she was beaten by another skater, not by herself. I already had quite a discussion with a Yuna fan in this thread earlier, that some skaters, e.g. Mao has the potential to beat Yuna everytime they both laced up. I don't read Yuna's mind , but I think Yuna herself believes that too. Going forward, I hope if Yuna continues to skate, she is doing it for herself and not for her federation or whatever. Yuna has accomplished all hef goals, she deserves to go to Disneyland or go to college, and do whatever makes her happy. The thought of Ito 1996 worlds still hurts. And now I am off topic.

Anyways back on topic, I learnt something from watching world lp, it was tough to accept and finally learn why Laura was placed third

Let me ask you this, can Mao best beat Yuna best??? Most Mao fan thinks Mao's performance at World was one of her best, is it possible for her to beat Yuna's 3rd best from last year World?
If Yuna makes tons of mistakes, then yes there is a possibility for others to top the podium, but not 100% thou.

Lilith11

On the Ice
Let me ask you this, can Mao best beat Yuna best??? Most Mao fan thinks Mao's performance at World was one of her best, is it possible for her to beat Yuna's 3rd best from last year World?
If Yuna makes tons of mistakes, then yes there is a possibility for others to top the podium, but not 100% thou.

Seriously... WE DO NOT KNOW -_- No need to put down Mao okay. Both of them are amazing skaters in their own rights. Mao has had one of her worst seasons recently; why don't we look at 2006-2008 Mao if we really want a fair comparison. What would it have been like had Mao skated her 2007-2008 programs all clean and Yu-na skated all her 2009-2010 programs clean? Answer: A VERY close score between the two of them.

Sheesh. It's one thing to prefer Yu-na; fine. I'll state my bias loud and clear; I love both ladies but I prefer Yu-na by a smidge. BUT I RESPECTand love Mao's skating as well. There's no need to downgrade Mao's achievements just to make Yu-na look better dangit. Because you make her look WORST.

miki88

Medalist

Not really. It was a great performance, but not one of the best she has done. Also, Mao's performance did have one big error, so it was not really perfect. Also, UR especially for a 3A is more costly than a fall, so Mao lost a lot of points from a not so noticeable downgrade. Also you simply cannot compare scores across time, because the scores tend to get bigger as time goes by. Just look at the score for Yuna's last year great LP performance with her subpar LP this year. She only got one point higher for last year's, which doesn't seem to make sense if you compare it like that. As Lillith stated, who knows what score Mao could have gotten now if she skated some of her older more well-received programs clean.

prettykeys

Medalist
Also you simply cannot compare scores across time, because the scores tend to get bigger as time goes by. Just look at the score for Yuna's last year great LP performance with her subpar LP this year. She only got one point higher for last year's, which doesn't seem to make sense if you compare it like that.
I don't really care to read this whole thread (I can't believe it's still going) but uh, your example isn't a good one to explain how and why "scores tend to get bigger as time goes by." Last year, YuNa's LP at Worlds had a popped 3S, a discounted spin, and a ! on her 3F-3T (which earned her relatively lower GoEs than she usually gets for her 3-3's.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't really care to read this whole thread (I can't believe it's still going) but uh, your example isn't a good one to explain how and why "scores tend to get bigger as time goes by." Last year, YuNa's LP at Worlds had a popped 3S, a discounted spin, and a ! on her 3F-3T (which earned her relatively lower GoEs than she usually gets for her 3-3's.)

Sorry I couldn't resist — stats!

Yuna's 2009 Worlds program vs 2010 Worlds program (in order of base point value)

3F-3T = 9.90 vs 3Z-3T= 12.20
2A+3T= 8.50 vs 2A+3T= 9.50
3Z+2T+2L= 9.80 vs 2A+2T+2L = 7.70
3Z=7.8* vs 3Z*= 8
2A=5.30 vs. 3F = 7.50
2S<=.24* vs 3S* = 1.95
2A*=4.85 vs waltz jump*=0

4 clean triples (out of 5) vs 5 clean triples (out of 6)
3 double axels vs 2 double axels

Non jumping elements
FSSSp4=3.50 vs FSSp4 3.10 (Flying Sit Spin)
FCoSp4= 3.60 vs FCoSp4 =3.50 (Flying combination spin?)
botched CCoSp4=0 vs CCoSp4 =4.10 (Combination Spin)
SlSt3=4.30 vs. SlSt3=3.10 (Step Sequence)
SpSq4 =5.40 vs SpSq4=4.80 (Spiral)

63.19 vs 66.45 TES
68.40 vs 65.04 PCS
131.59 overall vs. 130.49

So when you look at it Yuna actually did better technically overall and on the jumps, but she lost points on her non-jumping elements. That does make sense because her step sequence was weaker in Torino than in LA.
And clearly the judges marked down her PCS, which makes sense given her artistry was weaker in Torino than in LA (especially in some parts of the second half). Though not a ton, it is is less than what she's been getting as of late.

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
So when you look at it Yuna actually did better technically overall and on the jumps, but she lost points on her non-jumping elements. That does make sense because her step sequence was weaker in Torino than in LA.
And clearly the judges marked down her PCS, which makes sense given her artistry was weaker in Torino than in LA (especially in some parts of the second half). Though not a ton, it is is less than what she's been getting as of late.

I think you hit the nail right there. The PCS is lower compared to what she's getting lately. However, it's considered high to what was handed out 2 seasons ago. Scores go up due to judges giving higher PCS and they are also more generous in rewarding plus GOE, whereas a couple of seasons ago they were more stingy. A PCS score in the low 60's would have been considered very high 2 seasons ago, but now it's quite an average score for top skaters.

rtureck

Final Flight
LOL, I love to see the behavior of some Yuna fans and some Yuna bots in this thread (ane this iis a torino world LP thread.) In earlier pages of this thread some Yuna fans were making excuses of "she has jet lag" etc. Then an uber in post #1492 and 1497 quoted Scott verbatim (without posting his/her comment) about YuNa's olys performance in this world thread. Then another uber started talking about "how another's skater's best will never beat Yuna's best". What does that have to do with Torino world LP? Nice attempt though to try to take away the world gold medalist's win. Bottom line about world 2010 , the best skater in Torino won gold, and the second best skater in Torino won silver.

Last edited:

Johnnnn

On the Ice
lol oh please stop YOUR behaviour first. Whenever there's something about Yuna in any forum you just can't help it can you?