Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1511

Thread: Ladies - LP

Funny you said so because that is exactly what happened. Yu Na can come to the worlds with no inspiration to compete and with "a bag over her head" she can fail the SP and fall on the LP and convey no true feelings for the audience and still be the toughest to beat. Mao ONLY won because Yu Na failed and by that she just slightly won.
    That's is not true that Mao only just slightly won, Mao won by over 6 points and last I checked that's not just slight. Now I thought that Mao should have won the long but that's neither here nore there.

Mashimaro on Ice
    The judges were scoring Yuna relative to her Olympic performance. If one looks at it this way, it seems justified since it's so below her Olympic score. However, they did not do that for the other skaters, which makes it unfair. It's just weird that Mao''s LP with an UR triple and pop jump scores more than a LP with just an UR.

I just don't see how the present system is better than the older system, because so many thing stay the same. The top skaters are always given the highest PCS, so the fight for gold is essentially among those skaters. It's still harder for a less known skater to sneak in even if they skate well. But at least, under the 6.0, the winning performance usually was clean and more or less satisfying.
    Last edited by miki88; 03-30-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Mao is also very attractive, but to me, what stands out most is her expressiveness. She's got a true actress's face. When she smiles, I feel like smiling. When she's into the music, she shows it with her face as much as with her posture.
    Asada sisters always remind me of Hina dolls, classy Japanese beauty.
    http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/...4016413312.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Norpido View Post
    Yu Na fan detected who can't even spell her name correctly.
    Are you referring to Kim Yeon-A?

Custom Title

haha

what's up with that Norpido? He/she's been trolling about yuna during the entire thread and also on the other threads while praising Mao lol Anyways, Yuna does have model good looks (like Tracy Wilson said) with great body line (small face, long legs, long arms, looks healthy and athletic). She's so mature too and I think it really shows in her performance, especially Sheherazade (Scott Hamilton used to say watching her compared to other skaters is like women and girls lol) For Mao, I think she's more on the cute side. People has been saying her programs don't fit her and I think that is because she still has that young, teen quality. Maybe at the next olympics when she's more mature, she can pull off heavy Russian programs better, in Russia lol. She's so skinny too (I could see her bones on her back!). I heard she lost a lot of weight to increase consistency on her jumps. I hope she's enjoying that pizza she wanted now lol

Custom Title
    Norpido
    But look at her. Her efforts in smiling wouldn't even count for you average degenerate model.
    wow... I think your efforts in making any sense have less effects than of that gorilla who was taught how to speak.

lols! Rabid Yu Na fan detected who can't even spell her name correctly.
    ROFL
    She refers to herself as Yuna Kim, that's why I write it that way. I know at least 10 different ways of writing her name and no one of them is correct or incorrect (except writing her name directly in Korean).

Don't you like her arms and shoulders too?
    Whose arms and shoulders? Michelle's? I like them. Yuna's? Oh yes, I like them very, very much.

Now standards:
    ROFL^2
    You are determining beauty standards now?

You want us to believe that a professional photo of a cute girl is not photoed, fixed, make-upped or in any other way retouched?
    Yeah, at least I know how a photoshopped picture looks, cause I worked with it. And Yuna's commercial photos are not very different from the photos made by her fans or during her training, as well as from the videos from her competitions and training. And if you think that all of her photos are edited and all the videos are also edited frame by frame, you are just crazy.

You have no idea at all. Stop acting like you have any real facts here.
    Cause I have some real facts.

Despondent arguments of despondent antis are so despondent.

miki88
    The judges were scoring Yuna relative to her Olympic performance. If one looks at it this way, it seems justified since it's so below her Olympic score. However, they did not do that for the other skaters, which makes it unfair. It's just weird that Mao''s LP with an UR triple and pop jump scores more than a LP with just an UR.
    TES of Mao at the Olympics: 64.68
    TES of Mao at the Worlds: 67.02

The difference lies in PCS's. It's not because of jumps, I think.

Mathman
    Are you referring to Kim Yeon-A?
    By the way, is that normal that a poster can call a skater "ugly" and so? I just wonder, because I thought that basic rules should promote respect for every skater... And then we are living in web 2.0 era, like skates also can read this forum and so. It's strange, I think, that nothing is done about this.
    Last edited by Daniel5555; 03-30-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    That's is not true that Mao only just slightly won, Mao won by over 6 points and last I checked that's not just slight. Now I thought that Mao should have won the long but that's neither here nore there.
    You don't see how much of a favourite Yu Na is? Seriously?

When both compete at their peaks Mao gets pulled away by 40-50 point margin.

When Yu Na makes a very uninspiring dull performance, I know due to the Olympic-Worlds time stress, she can afford to ditch the SP and make mistakes on the LP. 6 points is not a margin for Mao. It is an insult and a loss would have been better for Mao to REALLY realise that she has to put up with a much better program to even have the chance to beat Yu Na.

Down With It
    Yes, but at the same time skaters (and their relatives) should be aware and read the forums at their own risk, and wearing VERY thick skin...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    what's up with that Norpido? He/she's been trolling about yuna during the entire thread
    What's that Johnnnnnn? I have almost only posted in this thread.

Besides. How come your affection for your dream body Yu Na make it any less trolling than my take?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel5555 View Post
    wow... I think your efforts in making any sense have less effects than of that gorilla who was taught how to speak.
    Wow Daniel. You don't really have much to add here except animals and rectums. Keep it strong man. At least the majority here can differentiate between arguing a subject rather than a forumite.

Nice to hear that you love Yu Na's arms and shoulders. Very spot on for your genre.

We are still waiting for your proofs though on Yu Na non edited pictures on tv and mags.

FYI fans can edit pictures as well. So there goes your data down the drain.

Seems that you like Yu Na desperately enough you can't judge her objectively.

Custom Title
    Norpido
    We are still waiting for your proofs though on Yu Na non edited pictures on tv and mags.
    I don't have to prove anything, I know what I see.
    It's you who should prove everything, which you are unable to do, cause you have never seen a program for photo editing.

FYI fans can edit pictures as well. So there goes your data down the drain.
    Oh, yes. Like make a photo, edit for 5 minutes after which it's completely different and then upload it. Fan made videos of trainings are also edited at the same time they are recorded ))))

When both compete at their peaks Mao gets pulled away by 40-50 point margin.
    228.56 - 205.50 = 23.06. You have some troubles with math. And Mao was not at her peak, she had 2 errors with jumps.

R.D.
    Yes, but at the same time skaters (and their relatives) should be aware and read the forums at their own risk, and wearing VERY thick skin...
    One thing is constructive criticism and other is insulting.
    It's absolutely normal that not everyone is moved by someone's skating or beauty. But to call someone "ugly" is an insult. If it's forbidden to insult other members, who are mostly anonymous, why is permitted to insult real people who are going by their names?

Custom Title
    It would be great if people could tone their language down a bit. Everyone here is an enthusiastic fan of skating and/or of a particular skater, and that's wonderful, but I'm sure I'm not the only one getting uncomfortable with some of the wording.

I don't want to offend or upset anyone. But there are so many more eloquent ways to criticize as well as to praise skaters.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It would be great if people could tone their language down a bit. Everyone here is an enthusiastic fan of skating and/or of a particular skater, and that's wonderful, but I'm sure I'm not the only one getting uncomfortable with some of the wording.

I don't want to offend or upset anyone. But there are so many more eloquent ways to criticize as well as to praise skaters.

Thanks.
    I agree but ufortunately I think this thread has run its course.

There's a convenient feature in the forums that makes your environment peaceful. You won't even notice any wars may be going on.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I agree but ufortunately I think this thread has run its course.
    So let's end it on a high note with a clip of the last Lady to defend her World championship after winning the Olympic Gold medal.

After all these years I still love her skating ......and this program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFe2dBphjFU

Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 LastLast