Any 24 fans out there? | Golden Skate

Any 24 fans out there?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I never watched the first season, but heard so much about this series I ended up watching the entire second season over one weekend! Since Kiefer Sutherland is "easy on the eyes" this was not a hard task. I really got into the show. It sure is different. I am going to try and follow the third season.

guinevere

Final Flight
I am a huge '24' fan! Even though each series has to take a couple of hours' worth of detour into la-la land (Season 1: Terri gets amnesia! Season 2: Kim is trapped with a cougar!), I find it totally compelling. I am really psyched about this season so far - even though Kim has possibly The Worst Haircut Ever. Oy.

Did you see the latest episode? Not Tony Almeida!! He has to survive!

guinevere

Kim is just totally in the way with all of her silliness. Even though she is three years older than last time, still, sheeesh!

Every week Mrs. Mathman forbids me to watch it any more, because I get so mad when they let the crooks get away. Like, all those dozens of police cars, all the resources of the FBI, etc., etc., and they just let this idiot boy who is carrying the virus walk out of the mall?

Mathman ;)

guinevere

Final Flight
Mathman,

I cannot believe you would have the audacity to question the logic of 24! Next thing you're going to tell me you don't believe that Jack would have survived a nuclear blast by hiding behind some rocks about a mile away :eek: :eek:

:laugh:
guinevere

Ladskater

Record Breaker
guinevere:

I totally agree! Never mind the nuclear blast, how about Jack getting through that whole 24 hour period still in one piece after having his "guts" nearly kicked out of him by the bad guys. It's pure fun of course!

guinevere

Final Flight
Well, Lad, I don't know if Jack really got through all in one piece - I mean, the guy did die last season fer crissakes!! :laugh:

guinevere

Ladskater

Record Breaker
guinevere:

He did? I don't recall that and I did watch the entire season two. In fact, I saw the show briefly the other night and Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) looked to be well and alive. Unless, he has a clone....

Yes, the bad guys tortured Jack and drugged him to try to make him tell where the chip was, finally they killed him, but then they brought him back so they could work on him some more.

MM

guinevere

Final Flight
Although, the clone idea isn't that far-fetched, considering some of the other plot lines they've used. You should send it in to Fox, Ladskater! If Jack is truly offering himself up as a sacrifice, maybe they could find a way to keep the series going :D

guinevere

guinevere

Final Flight
OK, here's what I love about this show: half of the show is incredibly gripping and practically unwatchable due to the realistic depiction of violence - and the rest is totally over the top. I think they deliberately bring in the unbelieveable element to make it easier to swallow the rest, a lot of which is just a shade beyond believable. Tonight's prison riot scenes were really challenging to watch.

On the "over the top" side: I love Chloe!! She's such an Eyore!! I love when she told Kim about Jack's drug habit and then complained that Kim shouldn't mave made her tell, and than Kim made her feel very uncomfortable. I hope Chloe sticks around for the whole season!

guinevere

"She's such an Eyore!!"
:laugh: :laugh: I agree with the prison scene being riveting. What about the poor guard who had to shoot himself?

But basically, Jack has totally screwed up this time. Besides getting all those people killed for no reason in the prison, now Salazar is out -- and all for nothing, because they found the boy with the virus anyway.

But here's what I think will happen.

1. Salazar's brother, egged on by his girlfriend, will kill Salazar, to get him out of the way. (This is after Salazar tosses Jack out of the helicopter and leaves him for dead.)

2. The whole virus thing is a ruse anyway, to cover up the real plot, which hasn't yet been revealed but it has to do with the terrorists who made the atom bomb in the last 24.

That's what I think.

Mathman

guinevere

Final Flight
Mathman said:
What about the poor guard who had to shoot himself?
Mathman
Even though I could tell from the setup that the guard was probably going to get the bullet, that was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on television. Very effective filming. That's what I was thinking about when I said the really out there stuff balances out the things that are genuinely hard to take.

Interesting theories about the plot for the rest of the season. I think it's very likely that the terrorists from last season will come into play. After all, we still haven't heard anything about David Palmer's, er, palm, and why he lived, etc. I'm sure that will get explained somewhere along the line.

I do think the virus is more than a ruse, however. Probably will get stopped in time, and the larger problem will be revealed, but I don't think it isn't a real threat.

guinevere