View Poll Results: Who should have taken the bronze medal?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laura Lepisto?

58 21.32%
  • Carolina Kostner?

36 13.24%
  • Cynthia Phaneuf?

53 19.49%
  • Miki Ando?

107 39.34%
  • Other

18 6.62%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who should have taken the bronze on the ladies event?

Hybrid View

Who should have taken the bronze on the ladies event?

I think that Lepisto was a little bit over scored, and the bronze should had been taken by Kostner!
    What do you think?
    Last edited by raress; 03-27-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Custom Title
    For me it should be Miki Ando, but Lepisto medal doesnt bother me.

Like I said in the LP, thread, there wasnt a single performance worthy of the Bronze IMO. Miki Ando had the best LP of the girls that were battling for Bronze but her SP was lame, so Im OK with Lepisto, one very bad SP + one good LP doesnt neccesarily beat two decent enought SP+LP in my book and Laura's PCS are well deserved and its not like she beat Miki for a lot, it was waay too close. Kostner final placemetn did surprise me, I think she should be perhaps above Phaneuf.

Kostner!

Carolina or Miki.
    Laura was overscored.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Carolina or Miki.
    Laura was overscored.
    I'd like to know why you think that. SP or FS? TES or PCS? Just curious.

Custom Title
    Clearly not Carolina. She was way overscored in SP. just look at her protocal.

I'm fine with Laura cuz she's pretty. lol

Custom Title
    I voted "other" but really, that should be taken as a null vote. I'm fine with Laura winning: Ando's overrated on PCS, Kostner got a hometown boost, and Phaneuf didn't have the firepower. I would love it if Phaneuf actually took the bronze, but top five when people question (and rightfully so) her abilities to get into the top ten is pretty phenomenal.

On the Ice
    Lepisto deserved the bronze.....in 1984. She did about as many double jumps as that time period. Miki should have gotten the bronze today. Kostner was overscored as she usually is. I guess they were determined to have a European on the podium. Unfortunately, the best European today was American......Makarova of Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby1Dawg View Post
    Unfortunately, the best European today was American......Makarova of Russia!
    Whaaaat?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Whaaaat?
    Makarova competed for the US two years ago. She lives and trains in the US. She even too the SATs for college.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby1Dawg View Post
    Makarova competed for the US two years ago. She lives and trains in the US. She even too the SATs for college.
    Okay. THAT definitely clears things up.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Did anyone take a look at the crazy GOE that Yu-na got for her freeskate?

+2 for the Triple Flip (yeah it clean but not that amazing)
    +3 for her level 4 spiral sequence (come on. Not even Sasha or Caroline Zhang gets that).
    +.50 on the straight line step (it's only +.50 but I would not have given it a + at all. One judge gave her a +3 on it! Obviously a korean judge.)

If the GOE was not so inflated yu-na would not have won the freeskate, something she certainly did not deserve to do with that poor performance.

Another point:
    That Lepisto won the bronze medal at worlds with only 3 triples should be a huge vote of confidence for the Alissas and Sashas of the world and should goad them into coming back next season!

Rinkside
    I just have to say something.. isn't there also so much more in skating than the number of triples? You all say "because she just did three"!!! Well, doesn't Laura have very good spins snd everything else? Doesn't that count nothing? And yes I am from Finland but so what, I am just so mad from what I have read here. So what if Miki Ando was better in the free program? Laura was better in short, both or counts!! I am really happy for Laura, she is a sweer girll who REALLY deserved this bronze. It is also huge for finnish figure skating, because she is the first lady to get a world champ medal ever for Finland. You should also go to see her interview in Youtube where she is crying. That shows how much this medal meant to her!!! So YES, she DESERVED this medal!!!

Rinkside
    I also thought Makarova was technically the best Euro skater here. I wonder if the judges would have dare to put her in third if she did not pop that last jump?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by riardo View Post
    I also thought Makarova was technically the best Euro skater here. I wonder if the judges would have dare to put her in third if she did not pop that last jump?
    Makarova had good jumps (mostly), but her choreography was awful, resembling a Plushenko freeskate. Jumps were totally frontloaded and other stuff was not really impressive, at least not yet. She is a skater in progress and seems to be the best among Russian skaters.

I voted for Laura, because in my opinion she deserved the bronze in this competition where several skaters were not even close skating their best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast