Who should have taken the bronze on the ladies event? | Golden Skate

Who should have taken the bronze on the ladies event?

Who should have taken the bronze medal?

• Total voters

raress

On the Ice
I think that Lepisto was a little bit over scored, and the bronze should had been taken by Kostner!
What do you think?

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
For me it should be Miki Ando, but Lepisto medal doesnt bother me.

Like I said in the LP, thread, there wasnt a single performance worthy of the Bronze IMO. Miki Ando had the best LP of the girls that were battling for Bronze but her SP was lame, so Im OK with Lepisto, one very bad SP + one good LP doesnt neccesarily beat two decent enought SP+LP in my book and Laura's PCS are well deserved and its not like she beat Miki for a lot, it was waay too close. Kostner final placemetn did surprise me, I think she should be perhaps above Phaneuf.

Basics

On the Ice
Clearly not Carolina. She was way overscored in SP. just look at her protocal.

I'm fine with Laura cuz she's pretty. lol

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I voted "other" but really, that should be taken as a null vote. I'm fine with Laura winning: Ando's overrated on PCS, Kostner got a hometown boost, and Phaneuf didn't have the firepower. I would love it if Phaneuf actually took the bronze, but top five when people question (and rightfully so) her abilities to get into the top ten is pretty phenomenal.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Laura, because she was far enough ahead from the Sp, even though her program was not the best bronze medal program anyone's ever seen.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Laura's interprtation and chreo and just so much better than most of the other ladies I would say her.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Cynthia for sure! I am not happy with Laura winning it. She only landed three triples and that is wrong. Ando did skate well but she did not come alive in the program until after she secured the last jump pass. Cynthia was on from the beginning.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'm also fine with Laura in 3rd ( see SP score ), but I voted for Cynthia because I was so thrilled that she put herself in a position where that could even be a plausible vote..:love: This could go a long way toward putting her confidence problems to rest .

I've loved her skating for years, and it was just so wonderful to see her fight her way back to 2 clean programs. In 2009 I was at 4cc in Vancouver ( and a great one it was ). Frank Carroll was sitting with a friend of his just a couple of seats over. When Cynthia came on the ice, he said "Now this girl is the real deal." ..I felt vindicated in my hope.;)

Miki skated better than she has been, but her programs hold her back :)laugh: I think I've said that before, once or twice.)

Last edited:

riardo

Rinkside
I believe the question should have been "Who should have taken silver and bronze"???
I would have hard time deciding placements after Mao. But I think the two least deserving got on the podium.:(
I am really confused about Mao losing to Kim in free. Bizarre.

youtubo

Rinkside
I'm sad that Mao didnt get any attention from the media, commentators, etc.
She has been treated as a bridesmaid since 2008.
But im happy she won.~~

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker