Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73

Thread: Gala

  1. #46
    Custom Title mikiandorocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    685
    Asada just skated an exciting number to Paganini's music. Cheerful, joyful and using a prop in a very elegant way. Asada just made my day.

  2. #47
    Custom Title Morning Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the Lavender Garden
    Posts
    455
    Radio-Canada feed is back!

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnSkateWatcher View Post
    Chan is only 19 ... I'm hoping that with age comes maturity and more interpretation. Chan looks older than 19, and that's part of the problem I have, is remembering that he is only 19.
    What are you talking about? Chan looks like a baby. I thought he was 16 when I met him. He has a really young looking face and is small.

  4. #49
    Custom Title mikiandorocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    685
    Another incredible skate by Dai. WOW. He's a true artist.

  5. #50
    On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    323
    And so the season comes to a close. SOBS!!

    Thanks to all the skaters who made this season such an exciting and memorable one! For those retiring/ taking a break, all the best! For everyone else, have a good rest and see you back in competition in the fall!

  6. #51
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    What are you talking about? Chan looks like a baby. I thought he was 16 when I met him. He has a really young looking face and is small.
    He's been around skating for awhile and with this strong skating ability its easy to forget he is even younger than Rippon, perhaps it was meant that way. I hope when he matures he skates with more emotion too.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    675
    I agree it's hard to remember he's 19. He's the 3x Canadian champ and 2x world medalist. Most skaters with those accomplishments would be into their 20s.

    Personally, I find he has a maturity to his skating, with brilliant skating skills, transitions, interpretation and choreography, but agree that he needs to work on his performance. Someone like Dai, even from watching on TV, you feel like he's flirting with/acting right to you. Brian excels at that too, the flirting bit, which increases the audience involvement. Patrick is a lot like Kozuka in that they are more introspective skaters. Patrick skates 'big' but he doesn't seem to skate for the audience, whereas Dai, Brian, Plushenko, etc, do.

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    221
    For those of you who didn't have feed - Eurosport will broadcast parts of it in two hours - 19.15 MET - and I think they will have it on Live Stream as well.

    I just saw it on German TV. Mao was gorgeous. I don't know how she can open and close that fan exactly to the music during a spin, without loosing speed. She was having so much fun. I hope that title gives her a lot of confidence for next season and boosts her scores closer to yunas, which she clearly deserves.

    They didn't show Miki on German TV - hope I will see her on Eurosport in the evening.

  9. #54
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18
    Just saw Mao's Caprice. Omg, simply breathtaking. Elegant beyond description.
    Mao should know how special she is.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    For those of you who didn't have feed - Eurosport will broadcast parts of it in two hours - 19.15 MET - and I think they will have it on Live Stream as well.

    I just saw it on German TV. Mao was gorgeous. I don't know how she can open and close that fan exactly to the music during a spin, without loosing speed. She was having so much fun. I hope that title gives her a lot of confidence for next season and boosts her scores closer to yunas, which she clearly deserves.

    They didn't show Miki on German TV - hope I will see her on Eurosport in the evening.
    I know it is extremely difficult to do what Mao does. OnceI skated with someone's guard in my hand, I could not even do a single axel. I lost a balance easily. I just can not imagine how difficult it is for her to do spins and jumps so easily like that. Her problem is that she makes difficult things look so easy and because of that, they do not get appreciated much. I mean her program of this year was extremely difficult but she excuted with ease. Anyway great job!! Mao!!

  11. #56
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    We just came back from gala and my camera broke in the beginning of it!:banging:

    I managed yesterday with the pass i got to explore all Palavela, it is the sacred place you know, so I know all place by heart now, even what flowers blossom in each garden
    Now I got used to going every day there and the strolls arounf its park, i m gonna miss it and no icecreams in the world can confront me
    Gala was nice, I ve seen almost all numbers before(busy season), so new relevation was Abott and I liked also V/M , it was fun and light. Mao's I ve seen it 3 times this year like also S/S and I never get bored of them! Yuna was also very magical and I love her dress, I love also the length of her dresses in general(many ladies should take notes), Takahashi was like a King and I loved how they entered together with Mao at the end, cute. Chan 's program should have been my fav with the music he chose, but i dont know why he picked this music, it was faster than him and he was like skating to something else completely. I wish he had the ex from Vancouver. The french know how to entertain the audience, Brians and P/B 's program were uplifting!
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-28-2010 at 01:13 PM.

  12. #57
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    I know it is extremely difficult to do what Mao does. OnceI skated with someone's guard in my hand, I could not even do a single axel. I lost a balance easily. I just can not imagine how difficult it is for her to do spins and jumps so easily like that. Her problem is that she makes difficult things look so easy and because of that, they do not get appreciated much. I mean her program of this year was extremely difficult but she excuted with ease. Anyway great job!! Mao!!
    I agree that everything she does looks so easy. I couldn't believe that she struggled with 3-2-2 and 3T in her LP at Oly because they looked so easy at Worlds.

  13. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    97
    Mao's gala show was outstanding!

  14. #59
    Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    277
    Apparently, the 3 medal winners in the men had their blades damaged at the medal ceremony ... they didn't put the protective mat down, and all 3 had damage to their edges. Good on them to not say anything or make a fuss at the actual ceremony.

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I was really hoping to see Mukhortova + Trankov's last skate together.
    Are they splitting up after Worlds?

    I didn't know that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •