Gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Gala

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I watched it on CBC at 3 pm and they skipped a bunch of people. grr. Highlights: Mao, PChiddy, and Cynthia.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I watched it on CBC at 3 pm and they skipped a bunch of people. grr. Highlights: Mao, PChiddy, and Cynthia.

If CBC hadn't re-shown all of those free skates from earlier in the week there would have been time for more people.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Someone posted in another forum that Jeremy Abbott and Michal Brezina were competing for quad jumps at the Gala practice. They skated 4T, 4S, 4F, 4T-3T-3Loop ... Jeremy fell on a 4S at near the end of the practice and hurt himself. But he did many kinds of quads clean. They even clapped for each other for the successful quad jumps.

So that was the reason that Jeremy said he's hurt his hip during the Gala practice. He said on his twitter to expect him having a first solo ice dance at the gala. But he's managed to jump 3 triples clean. Fell on the fourth triple jump. Not bad gala performance at all!

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes they made on saturday a quad contest in practice of gala:laugh:

have you seen this, where P/T try to learn Dai and Mao spins and throw jump for the gala? So cute:love:

Ren

On the Ice
Someone posted in another forum that Jeremy Abbott and Michal Brezina were competing for quad jumps at the Gala practice. They skated 4T, 4S, 4F, 4T-3T-3Loop ... Jeremy fell on a 4S at near the end of the practice and hurt himself. But he did many kinds of quads clean. They even clapped for each other for the successful quad jumps.

So that was the reason that Jeremy said he's hurt his hip during the Gala practice. He said on his twitter to expect him having a first solo ice dance at the gala. But he's managed to jump 3 triples clean. Fell on the fourth triple jump. Not bad gala performance at all!

Oh, that is so cute. So nice to hear they were having fun.

CPWest

Rinkside
yes they made on saturday a quad contest in practice of gala:laugh:

have you seen this, where P/T try to learn Dai and Mao spins and throw jump for the gala? So cute:love:

very cute; instead of learning, PT tried to teach Dai and Mao spins and throw jumps.

Thanks so much for the link of Takahashi, Asada, and P/T skating together! It's lovely. And thanks, Seniorita, for another enjoyable report.

It also inspired me to hunt on YouTube for other gala performances. Kim is splendid. Takahashi is to die for--that final spin with his hands clasped over his head: wow. Asada is like a butterfly, lighter than air. She commands that fan the way a rhythmic gymnast uses streamers. I agree with Viv and Prokofiev that skating with a prop, even a tiny one, adds tremendously to the difficulty of the routine. I should watch other people's galas, but I sense I'll be re-watching these three for awhile.