Gala | Golden Skate

Gala

mishieru07

On the Ice
Okay so it should be starting around now right? Is anyone watching?

Does anyone have a feed somewhere? Still waiting (hopefully) for the Japanese and Korean fans to do live streaming.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
CBC is streaming and televising. Contesti, Kostner, Zhang & Zhang, Phaneuf, Kerr & kerr, Abbott, M/T Pair, Ando, French icen dancers, Brezina, Smirnorr & K pair, Lepisto, Faiella & Scalla dance, Joubert, S&S Pair, Kim, Davis & White dancers, V&M dancers, Chan, Pang & Tong pairs, Asado, Takahashi

Sorry for typos ... some names are misspelt, mea culpa

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Kostner, starting - Ain't No Sunshine, very - ummm ... bare on the top outfit. She looks happy and like she's enjoying herself, which is so nice to see - plus, she's jumping and staying her feet thus far!

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Abbot skating to Michael Buble ... is it just me, or do we just see Russian Split jumps in exhibitions these days? It's a shame ... I remember watching Robin Cousins doing them, and they were phenomenal (yes I'm dating myself :) )

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
PHANEUF IS ON THE ICE !!!! YAY!!!! - skating to Sweet Dreams - and she certainly looks happy, which she should!

(didn't expect to see her at the gala)

mishieru07

On the Ice
YAYE for Cynthia; that was a lovely skate!

I SWEAR the sound is driving me NUTS. When we finally stop getting crap video angles, we get crap sound. Urghh.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
What feed are you watching? My sound is fine - ? I've got the CBC -Bold coverage on the TV.

I think the boot & blade manufacturers gave the camera guys a cut at this comp, I keep thinking I'm watching commercial clips for the skates and the blades :) - I swear, I can tell you the boot & blade make and type for a lot of skaters after this competition (and was surprised to see how many are on Paramounts, actually)

mishieru07

On the Ice
What feed are you watching? My sound is fine - ? I've got the CBC -Bold coverage on the TV.

I think the boot & blade manufacturers gave the camera guys a cut at this comp.

Radio Canada. It's also the same for the feed on cpak.webs.

I think so too. I can't tell what boots and blades they are but I don't appreciate looking at them so much!

Woohoo for Marlie!