Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oda leaves Morozov, Miki stays

Custom Title
    Wow, I completely missed that Morozov is moving to Russia. He said in an interview about a year or so ago that he would like to work for a federation one day, but I didn't expect it now. When was this out?
    As for Oda, I hope the new situation will not put additional pressure on him. I think what he needs most is a psychologist who helps him to deal with his head case problems.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    ... I guess Morzov's relocation is the main reason for the Oda/Morozov spilt which is unfortunate, I think they were actually pretty good together. Morozov can't be blamed for all the freaky things that happen to Nobu...it was his coach that wanted him to change his laces before the olympics and Nobu insisted he keep them.
    I agree. I think Morozov has done the best to give Oda confidence. I read somewhere recently that he never scolded Oda because Oda is putting way to much pressure on himself and is very a hard worker. I really hope Nobu is finding someone who can help him to solve his headcase problems.

Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I agree. I think Morozov has done the best to give Oda confidence. I read somewhere recently that he never scolded Oda because Oda is putting way to much pressure on himself and is very a hard worker. I really hope Nobu is finding someone who can help him to solve his headcase problems.
    Maybe it's time for him to leave his mommy behind. I think being with mom everywhere he goes is preventing him from growing up. If his mom really wants him to be strong mentally, she needs to go home and stay there and let him deal with every day life by himself.
    Last edited by ks777; 03-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Wow, imagine if Morozov becomes the coach of some of those Russian wonderbabies . If some of those little girls go to him, I'm sure they can become even better !

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Maybe it's time for him to leave his mommy behind. I think being with mom everywhere he goes is preventing him from growing up. If his mom really wants him to be strong mentally, she needs to go home and stay there and let him deal with every day life by himself.
    Is his mother really always there with him? did not know that. Yes, he certainly needs to start living on his own now, he is what 21 or so? I think Morozov was good to be easy on him but this is not as easy sport and maybe he needs a Frank Carroll to push him a little but and tell him to cut out the drama.

Custom Title
    Is his mother really always there with him? did not know that. Yes, he certainly needs to start living on his own now, he is what 21 or so? I think Morozov was good to be easy on him but this is not as easy sport and maybe he needs a Frank Carroll to push him a little but and tell him to cut out the drama.
    He was 23 on March 25th, which, yes, is the age to leave your mum behind. Agreed for the rest of your post - Carroll could be a good choice. Not sure wether he would take him, though.

Custom Title
    Miki and N/M ...not surprised she's not leaving him but I didn't think she would stay in all the way til Sochi.

His mom has been his coach.

I have no idea how anyone can know whether or not "his mom comes everywhere he goes" and "does not let him deal with his everyday life by himself".

Rinkside
    Huh? I know for a fact he was away from his mother while training in Mariposa...

Maybe Nobu should head back to Barrie, or continue following in Buttle's footsteps and train with Arturian. IMO, Morosov may be a great coach, but was not able to create programs for Oda that allowed him to be as expressive as he was in the past...

No Daisuke No Oda No other male skater. What about Miki? If he goes to Russia, I wonder if he would be considered for Piseyev's replacement?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    No Daisuke No Oda No other male skater. What about Miki? If he goes to Russia, I wonder if he would be considered for Piseyev's replacement?
    No idea what you are talking about. He just had a lot of success with Fernandez who is only 18 and apparently will stay with him. Miki anounced already that she will move to Moscow. As I understood, he will move to Moscow to work there as a coach, not as a replacement for Piseev.

Oh, that's too bad. Nobunari was doing well with Nikolai!

I'm glad Miki stayed with Nikolai, but I'd prefer if she had another coreographer. I liked her programs this season, especially the LP, but I love Lori Nichol and it would be interesting if Miki and Lori could work together. And it's great to know Miki is aiming at Sochi!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Miki and N/M ...not surprised she's not leaving him but I didn't think she would stay in all the way til Sochi.
    I've always gotten the feeling that Miki is super dedicated to skating and never wants to completely leave the sport. Plus she's not that old, she just turned 22 in the winter. I think it's nice more ladies are starting to stick around a little longer.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I've always gotten the feeling that Miki is super dedicated to skating and never wants to completely leave the sport. Plus she's not that old, she just turned 22 in the winter. I think it's nice more ladies are starting to stick around a little longer.
    It is just that she has been near the top since she was 15 and landing quads.. she has been to two olympics and after all her injuries I was almost certain she would be ready to move on. I am happy to learn otherwise, with Nakano gone and Akiko maybe not continuing, she and Mao will have to be the top Japanese ladies until the youngsters are ready. Miki also probably wants a medal at home next year.

Custom Title
    It is just that she has been near the top since she was 15 and landing quads.. she has been to two olympics and after all her injuries I was almost certain she would be ready to move on. I am happy to learn otherwise, with Nakano gone and Akiko maybe not continuing, she and Mao will have to be the top Japanese ladies until the youngsters are ready. Miki also probably wants a medal at home next year.
    Don't count Kanako out! She's pretty polished for 15!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast