Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oda leaves Morozov, Miki stays

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'm happy about Oda..I'd love to see him be an individual again..and really sorry if Javier is staying with him . His talent is really beyond the drunken pirate nonsense he had for a FS.

Custom Title
    Morozov is totally creepy. You can beat around the bush all you want but Miki competitive career is over. She had a metamorphosis in the 2006-2007 season. I don't see another one coming at all. She's skating like the Zhangs and starting to receive PCS like the Zhangs. Hers is now lower than Laura's, Carolina's despite being clean.

Moderator note - a reminder of the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater/Coach Privacy Policy
    Golden Skate respects the privacy of skaters, coaches, and officials in the sport. Golden Skate does not permit or condone undocumented gossip about their personal lives. Discussions of off-ice behavior, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, dating life, etc. should be limited to what has been publicly disclosed by the skater. While speculation is one thing, accusation is another, and could be considered slander.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Morozov is totally creepy. You can beat around the bush all you want but Miki competitive career is over. She had a metamorphosis in the 2006-2007 season. I don't see another one coming at all. She's skating like the Zhangs and starting to receive PCS like the Zhangs. Hers is now lower than Laura's, Carolina's despite being clean.
    Are you joking????

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Besides....Miki will look very good in furs
    Haha true! But I was hoping Miki would find a new coach, at least someone who can give a step sequence other than the ones that start off with a big pause a la "Morozov step"! I guess the level of trust they've built over 4 years is worth a lot more than an outsier like me could ever understand, so good for her.

I was moved by Miki's power and grace watching her live in LA last season. And in Torino, if not as energetic, she had the presense of an experienced skater who knows how to show emotion on the ice. I don't think she's finished yet so go Miki!!!

nefertiti..reincarnate
    According to this news that came later, it's Morozov saying that Miki will stay.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...29-611634.html

It's written that Miki says "I want to talk about it with Nicolai."

Morozov also says that Miki has the choice of coming to Russia but that he doesn't know.
    Also that Miki is now the only Japanese student he can trust and that he's not taking any more new Japanese skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I'm happy about Oda..I'd love to see him be an individual again..and really sorry if Javier is staying with him . His talent is really beyond the drunken pirate nonsense he had for a FS.
    Javier should go to Frank Carroll. Evan's return to figure skating is up in the air, and Javier's has just begun.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Javier should go to Frank Carroll. Evan's return to figure skating is up in the air, and Javier's has just begun.
    Maybe Javier should switch to Johnny and Ksenia's coach? That way he doesn't have to leave New Jersey.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    According to this news that came later, it's Morozov saying that Miki will stay.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...29-611634.html

It's written that Miki says "I want to talk about it with Nicolai."

Morozov also says that Miki has the choice of coming to Russia but that he doesn't know.
    Also that Miki is now the only Japanese student he can trust and that he's not taking any more new Japanese skaters.
    "only Japanese skater he can trust?" ***? I hope the real intension got lost in translation.

It says so in Japanese in the article, but Morosov speaks in English with very heavy accent. So it is possible that something was lost in translation. Besides, the article does not quote the question asked. It may mean something different put in the context that's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It says so in Japanese in the article, but Morosov speaks in English with very heavy accent. So it is possible that something was lost in translation. Besides, the article does not quote the question asked. It may mean something different put in the context that's missing.
    Morozov seems to get misquoted alot - he could have meant that Miki can stay if she chooses to since she is already his student - but that he will be busy enough in Russia that he can't take any new Japanese/foreign students.

The whole thing seems vague - and it is possible Miki is still considering whether to move to Russia to continue training with him.

I guess we will hear more about it soon enough.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Okay...I agree with one statement here.
    Last edited by lavender; 03-29-2010 at 12:01 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    There are rumors that unooficially Medvedev has already replaced Piseev.

And Javier would shine anyway cause he is that good, no matter the coach. Maybe Morozov was good for start ansd he had pirates of Carribean program which is among the most popular for audience. I d like to see him with another coach but if he is to become another firebird I prefer him with no Frank Carol. Of course Carol can make him OC, so I dunno. But i d like him to explore more than skating to all warhorses until he is 23. Carol works mostly with Lori Nichol? She has confused me a lot, cause I really liked Nagasu's programs and they suited her perfectly.

I wonder where Oda will go, but I hope the better for him, he is exceptional skater

Has Oda been living in New Jersey? Depending on what Johnny does Oda could think of trying Galina and Victor. Same for Javi as Silverlake mentioned before. With Evan most likely done Carroll could have an opening but I read today he is leaving the Toyota Center and will be moving to a new rink opening near Palm Springs. Temporarily he will be working out of Lake Arrowhead.

Not sure if he wants more students or not but I do hope Mirai stays with him.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I'd like to see Nobu go with Frank Carroll. I think Frank making him do full runthroughs might be just what he needs to get his confidence back. Really don't think Evan will be back, so there's an opening!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast