Japan's dominance in the singles dispclines | Golden Skate

Japan's dominance in the singles dispclines

☆Genie

Rinkside
If you don't know both Mao Asada & Daisuke Takahasi won the gold medal in the ladies and men fields respectively. However most people haven't noticed the fact that Japan also won both golds in the Junior World Championships. Kanako Murakami and Yuzuru Hanyu are the winners, but they also won the Grand Prix Final earlier in the season. It seems like Japan's reign in the single discplines will continue with promising juniors. Haruka Imai also proves to be a young skater with promise. Kozuka will most likely become a podium threat in Sochi. Tatsuki Machida is also a skater to watch. He had a strong showing in 4CC this year finishing second to Adam Rippon.
4 golds for Japan...... Mao Asada, Daisuke Takahasi, Kanako Murakami, and Yuzuru Hanyu. When did this last happen D:? If ever?
Not to mention- Narumi Takahashi / Mervin Tran finished second this year in the JGPF and also in the Worlds.

miki88

Medalist
Japan's future seems promising. I like Yuzuru's skating and he's so cute. :love: Kozuka is wonderful if he can become more consistent. In ladies, we have the promising Kanako. Miki and Mao are also staying around until Sochi.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Mao wasn't favored to win in the first place, so she did as well as she could at the olympics. Dai also won Japan's first medal in men's discipline. If anything, Japan had its most phenomenal year ever. But I have to say I'm not as impressed by the juniors. They could easily achieve tremendous growth as skater, but Miki, Mao, Oda and Kozuka were far better skaters even as juniors.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Mao wasn't favored to win in the first place, so she did as well as she could at the olympics. Dai also won Japan's first medal in men's discipline. If anything, Japan had its most phenomenal year ever. But I have to say I'm not as impressed by the juniors. They could easily achieve tremendous growth as skater, but Miki, Mao, Oda and Kozuka were far better skaters even as juniors.

Hanyu I think is very impressive. But Japan's junior ladies are less impressive. Although I like Murakami. I think the Japanese men have more depth coming up.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Hanyu I think is very impressive. But Japan's junior ladies are less impressive. Although I like Murakami. I think the Japanese men have more depth coming up.

Hanyu has very good skating skill and jumping technic, but so did the aforementioned skaters. I just find him bit vanilla at this moment. As much as I find the current Morozovian Oda blah, he had wonderfully pronounced personality as junior. But then again, he might easily become a far better competitor than any previous or current Japanese man since all of them have been headcases.

treeloving

Medalist
For me Hanyu is really good, he has his own style, very beautiful to watch.

As for his cuteness:love:,one thing I wonder is that is it only Asians(me,for example) that find him cute? What do people in other continent think about him?

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
China dominate in the Pair event too!! Pretty much won all the major titles and made history!
Olympics , World, World Jr., Senior and Jr. GPF, 4CC.

youtubo

Rinkside
Look out for Korea Younsters in the future!
LPGA is a proven case when Park Se Ri arrived.

malo42

On the Ice
As for his cuteness:love:,one thing I wonder is that is it only Asians(me,for example) that find him cute? What do people in other continent think about him?

Haha I don't think it's just Asians who think he's cute! I think he's absolutely adorable.... but very young XD

As for Oda and Kozuka being better than him as juniors, well both of them were 2/3 years older than Hanyu is when they won all their titles (the GPF and Junior Worlds), he can easily improve in the next couple of years. It's not fair to compare them yet really. I already feel like he's more charasmatic than they are on the ice, and I love them both.