Trankov announces breakup with Mukhortova | Golden Skate

Trankov announces breakup with Mukhortova

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/48894.html

Russian skaters Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov, who came fourth at the World championships in Turin among pairs, will no longer skate together. This was reported to RIA news by Trankov himself, who was the initiator of the breakup.

The 24-year-old athlete plans to continue his career with a different partner and a new coach. “I don’t see a point in continuing my career with Masha and Oleg Vasiliev given the circumstances,” said Trankov. “Right now, you can say for sure that the team Mukhortova-Trankov is no more.”

Backstage at Worlds, everyone was discussing the possible pairing of Trankov with Ukrainian Tatiana Volosozhar. However, according to Maxim, it’s hard to say anything for sure given that the current Russian figure skating Federation (RFSF) president Valentin Piseev is stepping down.

“Valentin Nikolayevich Piseev wanted to see the team Trankov-Volosozhar,” said the skater. “However, right now it’s unclear who will replace him and how the new president will like the proposal. However, I’d be happy to team up with Volosozhar given the chance.”

“We would only represent Russia,” emphasized Trankov.

According to him, he and his new partner would need financial help to get ready for the Sochi Olympics. It wouldn’t have to come from RFSF, but could come from a regional federation of either Moscow or Saint Petersburg.

“I’m not from the capitals, I’m from Perm, and so I need support to train in Moscow or Saint Petersburg. I’m not asking for much, but I’d at least need to have an apartment rented for me,” he noted.

Oleg Vasiliev in turn, according to RIA News, will look for a new partner for Mukhortova.

Mukhortova and Trankov came seventh at the Vancouver Olympics.

Buzzz

Final Flight
Good luck to him and cannot wait to see him and Tatiana skate next season. Hope he gets the assistence he needs. :)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I hope he does skate with Tatiana. I'm sad for Maria but hopefully she can find someone new. I guess M&T wasn't really working out since they don't get along, and are being held down in the standing sometimes too, in favour of K&S.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm having mixed feelings about this. It's sad that Maria and Max have split, as they are so beautiful to watch with their strong basics, good lines, great unison, etc...

But Maxim with Tatiana V! The possibilities are endless. Tatiana is a very strong pairs skater and seems more able to handle complex choreography than Maria, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of programs they will skate to.

Does anyone know if Maria will be continuing to skate?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I'm having mixed feelings about this. It's sad that Maria and Max have split, as they are so beautiful to watch with their strong basics, good lines, great unison, etc...

But Maxim with Tatiana V! The possibilities are endless. Tatiana is a very strong pairs skater and seems more able to handle complex choreography than Maria, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of programs they will skate to.

Does anyone know if Maria will be continuing to skate?

Yes, she will. Oleg Vasiliev is looking for a new partner for her

euroskate

Final Flight
Good luck to him and cannot wait to see him and Tatiana skate next season. Hope he gets the assistence he needs. :)

well you are not going to see them until worlds next season for sure since there is the 12 month waiting period. Tatiana was compeeting for Ukraine!