Shocker Johnny Weir said he doesn't get along with Evan lol | Golden Skate

Shocker Johnny Weir said he doesn't get along with Evan lol

silverling

Rinkside
Who would get along with Evan? Think about. Who might give you more delight and joy (, laughs also) if you are around either of these two guy? I would also not gonna get along with Evan never ever. I would rather be alone than be around him. I doubt if he(Evan) has any friend. If anybody want to be around or with him, he/she soon will not want to be around him if he/she stay with him for a while. (I just saw Be Good Johnny Weir EP 8 and saw Evan's national 2010 short after interview that Evan complaning about his SP score. He stepped out his triple axel and still got the higher score than Johnny whose jumps were much more goreous and more fully rotated. Evan didn't even got deduction for his wrong edge flip jump at that SP. and how could he complaining about his score? (does he have any conscience?).-looking at that scene, I finally gave up the most of hopes I had about this person's personality. He is so disgusting to my eyes. His skating also so disgusting. let alone his ugly triple axel(his other jumps are not gorgeous either. seems like juniorish(?) jumps. (think about Yuna's jumps- How awful Evan's jumps are..:p) If I were Johnny, I would not get along with him either. Poor Johnny cause he had to deal with Evan almost all his life time. I saw the national 2010 press conference and fan fare of 2010 national and Evan kept teasing Johnny when Johnny talk somthing to the audience. He seemed to be eager to pick Johnny and take Johnny down and twist Johnny and tease Johnny.(Johnny never teased Evan at those situations when Evan talk something to audience) Might Evan be this successful if he were not American? or there were no talented Johnny Weir? I don't think so. What a delightful person Evan is.(let alone his delightful, artisticful, beautiful,full of calculation, beating spirit , pure skting. What an art his skatings are. How great his skatings and jumps are. What an embarassing and beautiful champion.) Anybody would so want to be around him and he/she would get so much joy, laughs and delights from him cause he think about other people SO much and cause he is that kind of guy who think about others first and put them first. He always doesn't care about winning. He is not all about winning. He is that kind of figure skater. He more cares about how much joy and feelings and beauty his skating give to people than his winning and scores. He care whether his skating transport people than his winning. that's what matters to him. whether his skating and cheating jumps and his aggressiveness and horrible artistic skating give people disgust or waste of time or not he doesn't care as long as he still wins and is wearing black costume always. I think if anybody gets along with Evan, He or she better hide that fact cause people think same feathers flock together.:p

Last edited:

sunny0760

On the Ice
entire post

Who is this poster? Who do you think you are, silverling?
You probablly don't know any of them. Do you? How can you 'personally' attack a certain skater to whom you are a complete stranger?
Your post make me very uncomfortable. Just pathetic.

About the main topic here. So what? I don't care.
But as it was Johnny who said so, I wonder why he had to tell such things to the public. What for?

Neither a Lysacek fan nor a Johnny fan... I have no problem with Evan's winning this time, though.
I don't think Johnny was robbed at olys. Just this. The more I read or hear about Johnny, the more tired I get.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Who would get along with Evan? Think about. Who might give you more delight and joy (, laughs also) if you are around either of these two guy? I would also not gonna get along with Evan never ever. I would rather be alone than be around him. I doubt if he(Evan) has any friend. If anybody want to be around or with him, he/she soon will not want to be around him if he/she stay with him for a while.

Here is someone who likes Evan - and who actually knows him :)

"Did I also mention that Evan is the best training buddy ever? No matter how tired he is, he pushes himself to do his programs, so he can do it in any kind of situation. Watching him train is so motivating for me...I try to follow his example by doing programs with the intensity he has, but somehow my attempts just don't match his....Thank you Evan for always being there to give me a piece of advice and motivating me to do my best!"

These nice words were written by Mirai Nagasu. :love:

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/mirainagasu/journal4.htm

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Denis Ten also said in an interview how nice Evan was to him (Ten apparently lists Evan as his top role model), clapping for him when he'd land a quad in practice.

jennylovskt

Medalist
About the main topic here. So what? I don't care.
But as it was Johnny who said so, I wonder why he had to tell such things to the public. What for?

Neither a Lysacek fan nor a Johnny fan... I have no problem with Evan's winning this time, though.
I don't think Johnny was robbed at olys. Just this. The more I read or hear about Johnny, the more tired I get.

True. I've never heard much from Evan talking about Johnny. It was almost always Johnny talking about Evan. That's not a news. So what if they have never gotten along since the beginning? Who cares?! There is no Evan vs. Johnny any more.

I agree that Johnny was NOT robbed at the Olympics. Johnny'd better learn something from Evan.;) And I say it as a big non-Evan fan. (I was a Johnny fan and still appreciate Johnny's skating way, way over Evan's.)

Last edited:

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
silverling, your post makes me uncomfortable. Evan is one is the nicest, sweetest people I have ever seen. You'd think he'd be a big jerk about Plushenko, but he always responded with grace. As for him complaining about his score, I can see why he'd be disappointed that he didn't skate well. He didn't show off after winning the Olympics. I love Evan, not just for his beautiful skating, but he is a beautiful person - on the outside and the inside.
I can see why Johnny doesn't get along with him all the time, as they are each other's main rival. But it's clear they don't hate each other.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPCaQAmRigc (go to 2:10)

Johnny was also complimentary of Evan when he won the Olympics.

Wicked

Final Flight
Why would these guys be expected to be friends and get along? They're completely different people. All they really have to do is be reasonably civil to one another.

Silverling, unless you know Evan personally, I don't know why you're even talking.

Who would get along with Evan? Think about. Who might give you more delight and joy (, laughs also) if you are around either of these two guy? I would also not gonna get along with Evan never ever. I would rather be alone than be around him. I doubt if he(Evan) has any friend. If anybody want to be around or with him, he/she soon will not want to be around him if he/she stay with him for a while. (I just saw Be Good Johnny Weir EP 8 and saw Evan's national 2010 short after interview that Evan complaning about his SP score. He stepped out his triple axel and still got the higher score than Johnny whose jumps were much more goreous and more fully rotated. Evan didn't even got deduction for his wrong edge flip jump at that SP. and how could he complaining about his score? (does he have any conscience?). He is so disgusting to my eyes. His skating also so disgusting. let alone his ugly triple axel(his other jumps are not gorgeous either. seems like juniorish(?) jumps. (think about Yuna's jumps- How awful Evan's jumps are..:p) If I were Johnny, I would not get along with him either. Poor Johnny cause he had to deal with Evan almost all his life time. I saw the national 2010 press conference and fan fare of 2010 national and Evan kept teasing Johnny when Johnny talk somthing to the audience. He seemed to be eager to pick Johnny and take Johnny down and twist Johnny and tease Johnny.(Johnny never teased Evan at that situations when Evan talk something to audience) Might Evan be this successful if he were not American? or there were no talented Johnny Weir? I don't think so. What a delightful person Evan is.(let alone his delightful, artisticful, beautiful,full of calculation, beating spirit , pure skting. What an art his skatings are. How great his skatings and jumps are. What an embarassing and beautiful champion.) Anybody would so want to be around him and he/she would get so much joy, laughs and delights from him cause he think about other people SO much and cause he is that kind of guy who think about others first and put them first. He always doesn't care about winning. He is not all about winning. He is that kind of figure skater. He more cares about how much joy and feelings and beauty his skating give to people than his winning and scores. He care whether his skating transport people than his winning. that's what matters to him. whether his skating and cheating jumps and his aggressiveness and horrible artistic skating give people disgust or waste of time or not he doesn't care as long as he still wins and is wearing black costume always. I think if anybody gets along with Evan, He or she better hide that fact cause people think same feathers flock together.:p
This post seems to be all about YOU.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
Who would get along with Evan? Think about. Who might give you more delight and joy (, laughs also) if you are around either of these two guy? I would also not gonna get along with Evan never ever. I would rather be alone than be around him. I doubt if he(Evan) has any friend. If anybody want to be around or with him, he/she soon will not want to be around him if he/she stay with him for a while. (I just saw Be Good Johnny Weir EP 8 and saw Evan's national 2010 short after interview that Evan complaning about his SP score. He stepped out his triple axel and still got the higher score than Johnny whose jumps were much more goreous and more fully rotated. Evan didn't even got deduction for his wrong edge flip jump at that SP. and how could he complaining about his score? (does he have any conscience?).-looking at this scene, I finally gave up the most of hopes I had about this person's personality. He is so disgusting to my eyes. His skating also so disgusting. let alone his ugly triple axel(his other jumps are not gorgeous either. seems like juniorish(?) jumps. (think about Yuna's jumps- How awful Evan's jumps are..:p) If I were Johnny, I would not get along with him either. Poor Johnny cause he had to deal with Evan almost all his life time. I saw the national 2010 press conference and fan fare of 2010 national and Evan kept teasing Johnny when Johnny talk somthing to the audience. He seemed to be eager to pick Johnny and take Johnny down and twist Johnny and tease Johnny.(Johnny never teased Evan at that situations when Evan talk something to audience) Might Evan be this successful if he were not American? or there were no talented Johnny Weir? I don't think so. What a delightful person Evan is.(let alone his delightful, artisticful, beautiful,full of calculation, beating spirit , pure skting. What an art his skatings are. How great his skatings and jumps are. What an embarassing and beautiful champion.) Anybody would so want to be around him and he/she would get so much joy, laughs and delights from him cause he think about other people SO much and cause he is that kind of guy who think about others first and put them first. He always doesn't care about winning. He is not all about winning. He is that kind of figure skater. He more cares about how much joy and feelings and beauty his skating give to people than his winning and scores. He care whether his skating transport people than his winning. that's what matters to him. whether his skating and cheating jumps and his aggressiveness and horrible artistic skating give people disgust or waste of time or not he doesn't care as long as he still wins and is wearing black costume always. I think if anybody gets along with Evan, He or she better hide that fact cause people think same feathers flock together.:p

What a disturbing, disgusting, nasty, sickening post! I love both Evan and Johnny, although I like Johnny's skating better.
:no:
Do you happen to know Evan personally? If you do, then you sure don't deserve to know him. I have seen lots of nasty posts about Evan here at GS before, but this one is by far the nastiest.

What did Evan ever do to you?

About the 2010 Nationals thing, Evan is not the only skater who has ever expressed dissappointment when he/she did not skate well.

Johnny may not get along with Evan, but he's certainly not nasty towards him. Maybe you should take a lesson or two from your idol Johnny about being gracious to others, even if you don't like them.

Your post was beyond nasty, it was downright hateful. :disapp::frown2:

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I honestly find Evan nice. It could be an act, but he didn't even say ANYTHING bad about Plushenko, when Plushenko was going around bad-mouthing him and slandering every inch of his being to anyone who would listen!

jennylovskt

Medalist
I honestly find Evan nice. It could be an act, but he didn't even say ANYTHING bad about Plushenko, when Plushenko was going around bad-mouthing him and slandering every inch of his being to anyone who would listen!

And this seems a little too much. When was Plushenko "bad-mouthing him and slandering every inch of his being"?:confused:

Last edited:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
I've never been interested in Evan or Evan's skating, but I don't really understand all the Evan bashing. The guy has done nothing wrong. He plays by the rules, never slanders his opponents and strikes me as a hardworking, honest kind of guy. I see nothing wrong with that. If you have criticism for his skating, go ahead, but I don't get why people become personal.

Soldier of Love

Rinkside
Who would get along with Evan? Think about. Who might give you more delight and joy (, laughs also) if you are around either of these two guy? I would also not gonna get along with Evan never ever. I would rather be alone than be around him. I doubt if he(Evan) has any friend. If anybody want to be around or with him, he/she soon will not want to be around him if he/she stay with him for a while. (I just saw Be Good Johnny Weir EP 8 and saw Evan's national 2010 short after interview that Evan complaning about his SP score. He stepped out his triple axel and still got the higher score than Johnny whose jumps were much more goreous and more fully rotated. Evan didn't even got deduction for his wrong edge flip jump at that SP. and how could he complaining about his score? (does he have any conscience?).-looking at that scene, I finally gave up the most of hopes I had about this person's personality. He is so disgusting to my eyes. His skating also so disgusting. let alone his ugly triple axel(his other jumps are not gorgeous either. seems like juniorish(?) jumps. (think about Yuna's jumps- How awful Evan's jumps are..:p) If I were Johnny, I would not get along with him either. Poor Johnny cause he had to deal with Evan almost all his life time. I saw the national 2010 press conference and fan fare of 2010 national and Evan kept teasing Johnny when Johnny talk somthing to the audience. He seemed to be eager to pick Johnny and take Johnny down and twist Johnny and tease Johnny.(Johnny never teased Evan at those situations when Evan talk something to audience) Might Evan be this successful if he were not American? or there were no talented Johnny Weir? I don't think so. What a delightful person Evan is.(let alone his delightful, artisticful, beautiful,full of calculation, beating spirit , pure skting. What an art his skatings are. How great his skatings and jumps are. What an embarassing and beautiful champion.) Anybody would so want to be around him and he/she would get so much joy, laughs and delights from him cause he think about other people SO much and cause he is that kind of guy who think about others first and put them first. He always doesn't care about winning. He is not all about winning. He is that kind of figure skater. He more cares about how much joy and feelings and beauty his skating give to people than his winning and scores. He care whether his skating transport people than his winning. that's what matters to him. whether his skating and cheating jumps and his aggressiveness and horrible artistic skating give people disgust or waste of time or not he doesn't care as long as he still wins and is wearing black costume always. I think if anybody gets along with Evan, He or she better hide that fact cause people think same feathers flock together.:p

lol After trying to read the first sentence, i just made my computer read the rest to me, and it's even more hilarious than i thought i'd be. No doubt a bitter Plushenko fan. No Plushenko didn't win. lol

I saw the Chelsea interview too, on youtube. We all know Johnny's "story" by now, but Chelsea really blew his cover. I was shocked she used the G word, and he didn't say anything, just laughed.

Johnny is a sweetheart, and so is Evan. Love them both.

tommyk75

Rinkside
Just watched the interview last night, and I found it kind of weird. It wasn't really Johnny's fault, though. It was my first time watching a full episode of Chelsea Lately, and I don't get the show's humor AT ALL. She's so dour and when the other panelists were trying to say funny things, she barely responded. And she kept talking about Johnny being gay, which although we all knew, he's never publicly acknowledged it, so I thought it was really crude and mean of her to say that without (I presume) asking him beforehand if it would be okay. One thing Johnny did that concerned me was that when they referred to Tanith Belbin as Evan's "ex-girlfriend," Johnny gave Chelsea a knowing wink, like "yeah, as if." I don't know; I found the whole interview rather off-putting and uncomfortable, and I don't think I'll be watching Chelsea Lately in the future.

moscow

Rinkside
I haven't watched the show yet but I don't understand how/why this whole Johnny vs. Evan rivalry keeps coming up. They are completely two different personalities and two different skaters. As a competitive skater myself, it's very rare for skaters to be good friends with their top competitors in the elite level. They are grown men and I've never seen any type of animosity b/w the two that would turn me the wrong way. If you like one, more than likely you won't like the other just because of the stark difference between them. I myself prefer Johnny's personality AND skating over Evan's. I find nothing beautiful about Evan's skating and find his personality lacking and rather dull. However I respect what each of them have brought to the sport and I have to applaud Johnny for being real and speaking the truth whereas others (like Evan) would just keep their mouth shut and avoid the topic all together. I mean their rivalry is interesting to the public and people want the gossip and the lowdown. Johnny doesn't sugarcoat anything and answers honestly so I have to give credit where credit is due. Hopefully the skating world can move on from this rivalry and find something else to talk about.

MKFSfan

Medalist
They don't have to be friends. I never get why fans or the media care. What matters is if they condone themselves in a manner that is professional and respectful to the sport. I could care less if they go out for a beer after a show or never speak a word to each other, as long as it doesn't disrupt a competition or make a mockery of a sport that is not taken very seriously. Come on...It's like NY reporters/fans obsessing over if Jeter and Reyes are buddies, after all, they are NY's star shortstops.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Why would they be friends? They live on other sides of the country, Johnny did not to SOI so he could not get to know Evan that way. They only time they meet is pretty much when they compete against one another, and that is not the time for friendships. Even the skaters who are friends (or more than friends) are all business when they are on competition ice. Considering one or the other was the favorite for all the national titles since Johnny was 15....i don't see why they would become besties.

What exactly is Johnny's criteria for accepting Evan as friend?

There is a difference between being friends with someone and being friendly towards them.

I don't really get the friendship thing with him and Mroz, Rippon, Abbott, and Bradley.