Thread: Your Top 10 Moments in 2009/10 Season

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Thumbs up Your Top 10 Moments in 2009/10 Season

What a season has it been? It's too early to suffer from withdrawal symptoms just yet! Not until you list your top 10 moments this season.

It can be a specific performance or moment where your adreanaline went right up.

Here are mine to start off, in no particular order:

1. When I realised Sasha was actually competing, watching the official Nationals SP practice on youtube. That split jump into spiral! Nostalgia becomes reality. She's here!!!!!!!!

2. Mao and Yu-na skating back to back in the Vancouver short program. Mao finally delivers. She finally jumps out of joy. Crowd goes crazy. Camera spots Yu-na and Orser. Yu-na delivers! WOW.

3. Watching Plushenko in the first warm-up of COR on TVU. It's like 2am Sydney time. My first time with this crazy internet stream thing (thanks to you computer savvy GS people!). And I hear Plushenko's name called, first time in 4 years in an amateur comp. Quad/triple. Amen.

4. Meeting Jeffrey Buttle at Pacific Coliseum. Ok I'm bragging. He was the nicest and also v. cute. I really wanted to ask how come he wasn't out there skating but I didn't.

5. Meeting Daisuke at a souvenior shop in Downtown Vancouver. Ok I'm bragging again. It was the night before the LP and I didn't want to harass him. So I just said, "You were fantastic last night.", to which he politely acknowledged. Then my mum pushed me over and got an autograph anyway! Those pushy middle aged women...

6. Witnessing Daisuke's magnificent short in Vancouver. Stunning.

7. Jeremy's National's LP performance. As Scott Hamilton said, a perfect program!

8. Mirai's SP at Nationals. She was on fire!

9. Savchenko & Szolkowy's LP at Worlds. I loved their program most of all the pairs this season.

10. Mao ending the season with a bomb in the World's Long Program. Is team Mao nuts? What's with the weird music choice? Three 3axels is just to hide her lack of 3/3s! Ugly dress! What's JSF doing about Tarasova?.... It was noisy in the backstage. But Mao? Her attitude was consistent throughout the season. She never complained, she stuck to her plan, and she proved herself that night. She might not be the smartest competitor, but she's a pure athlete. I respect this 19-yo so much.

1. Scott Hamilton returns to the ice
    2. Evan Lysacek's surprise gold medal in Vancouver
    3. Ryan Bradley's US Nationals LP
    4. Shen and Zhao's Gold Medal in Vancouver
    5. Evora & Ladwig's making the Olympic Team and holding their own internationally when some many self-proclaimed experts counted them out
    6. Mirai's comeback
    7. Keegan Messing's debut as a Senior at Nationals
    8. Takahashi's World Champion!!!
    9. & 10. Joannie's Olympic Programs... she is freaking amazing.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    1. Evan realizing he won gold
    2. Seeing Sasha at the official practice at Nationals
    3. Virtue and Moir FD at Worlds
    4. Davis and White FD at Words
    5. Jeremey Abbott Freeskate at Nationals
    6. Daisuke's quad flip at Worlds (ratified in by sentimental book).
    7. Mirai's look on her face after her olympic freeskate.
    8. Akikko Sizuki's footwork during her West Side Story program at the GPF.
    9. Evan's SP at the Olympics
    10. Jeremey Abbott's SP at Nationals

Custom Title
    When you say Top 10 Moments, I will take that as including both the good and the bad. So in no particular order:

1. Yu-Na Kim shedding tears of joy and relief after skating two nearly-flawless programs back-to-back at the Olympics-- and overcoming months of tremendous pressures and expectations.
    2. Daisuke Takahashi finally winning Worlds (and in spectacular fashion, too)
    3. Domnina and Shabalin debuting their OD and setting off a firestorm of international disapproval.
    4. Shen and Zhao's happy ending (finally golden!) at their 4th Olympics
    5. The Lysacek and Plushenko brouhaha
    6. Nobunari Oda's snapped laces during his LP in Vancouver
    7. Sasha Cohen finally ending months of the "Will she/Won't she?" speculation by skating at 2010 U.S. Nationals
    8. Joannie Rochette skating two great programs at the Olympics in spite of great personal grief
    9. Akiko Suzuki skating the heck out of her West Side Story LP at the Olympics
    10. Mao Asada's skate blade catching on the ice during her Olympics LP, throwing her off her speed & timing, and causing her to pop her jump

I want to add more, but only 10 are allowed...

Custom Title
    1. Lysacek´s sp at the Olympics
    2. Takahashi´s sp at the Olympics
    3. Lysacek´s freeskate
    4. The moment Lysacek realized that he won the gold medal
    5. Yu-Na`s sp
    6. Yu-Na´s lp
    7. Shen/Zhao winning the gold medal at the Olympics
    8. Takahashi winning the World´s gold
    9. Pant/Tong winning gold at Worlds
    10. Laura winning the bronze medal at Worlds

Custom Title
    1. Olympic ladies FS: 12 minutes of Yuna and Mao
    2. Olympic ladies SP: 8 minutes of Mao and Yuna
    3. Olympic ladies SP and FS: Rochette
    4. Olympic FD and OD: Virtue and Moir (after this Ice dancing finally makes sense to me)
    5. Olympic mens FS: when Plushenko score came up
    6. Worlds mens SP and FS: Takahashi
    7. Olympic pairs FS: Shen/Zhao
    8. Skate America ladies SP: Yuna (I was there in person too)
    9. US Nationals mens LP: Abbott
    10. Olympic ladies SP and FS: Nagasu and Lepisto

1 through 4 will still rank high if the poll was about the most memorable moments of the decade.
    Last edited by parma; 03-31-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    1. Aljona & Robin's FS at worlds - breathtaking, my mum and I were so in awe, it was out of this world, sooo touching
    The whole ladies' FS in Vancouver but especially:
    2. Yuna's Sp & FS in Vancouver - she proved that she's the Queen - and her relief after the FS
    3. Mao landing three huge triple Axels in Vancouver and her happiness after the short
    4. Joannie's amazing courage and earning an olympic bronze medal

5. Jeremy's FS at Nationals - awesome, and I'm not even a fan
    6. Seeing Stephane back on the ice - to me, he's the absolute best!
    7. Brian coming back strong at worlds, landing two quads in the FS and being so happy about his bronze medal!
    8. DelSchoes still being the classiest ice dancers of the field despite all their difficulties
    9. Voir's Flamenco in Vancouver - wow!
    10. Both Chinese pairs' reaction to their FS
    11. Daisuke!
    12. Seeing Adam at worlds and he skated soo well!
    13. Fede & Massi's FD at euros(not their scores though) and finally winning a medal at worlds, which was soo well deserved!

Sorry I couldn't narrow it down to 10, but I almost made it! It was a season full of gorgeous moments!