Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Top 10 Moments in 2009/10 Season

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    In no particular order:
    1) Yu Na's tears of joy/ relief on completing her FS in Vancouver.
    2) Virtue/ Moir's 3 Olympic skates and the ice dance medal ceremony. Never been happier as a FS fan!
    3) Pang/ Tong's Olympic FS. I think that's the best skating I've ever seen from them.
    4) Marlie's Bollywood OD. Zueva is a genius.
    5) Joannie's courage and grace.
    6) Akiko Suzuki. She's such a delight to watch; I remember thinking she was the only one who looked like she really enjoyed skating at CoC.
    7) Belbin/ Agosto's classiness. And their awesome commentary.
    8) Shen/ Zhao's joy at finally clinching OGM.
    9) The redemption of Mao, Brian, Carolina at Worlds.
    10) Daisuke wins Worlds GOLD with an attempt at a quad flip!!

HM: The Kerrs reviving their Scottish OD, V/M's Skate Canada FD (the first time they debuted their new ending), Oda's TEB FS, the V/M vs D/W rivalry, no falls from the top 7 ladies at the Olympics FS, Kozuka's Worlds SP, Mirai's Worlds SP and Olympics FS.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    1. Yuna Kim's Olympic performance. Who cares that she messed up at worlds? She was the most perfect Olympic gold medalist I have ever seen. The absolute best of figure skating this season. And her tears at the end of her FS were priceless. Oh, and the fact that the Korean stock market tipped while she skated. I loved that.
    2. Mirai making a splash skating last at the Olympics. She is divine.
    3. Evan's gold and especially his reaction when he realized he won. YOU GO!!
    4. Sasha Cohen's SP at nationals. Her comeback was worth it just to see her split leap into her spiral. Seriously.
    5. Mao pushing through a rocky season to land 3 axles at the Olympics and then finishing with a gold at worlds. Woohoo! So well deserved for a great skater who has struggled so much.
    6. Joannie Rochette's Olympic SP. I'll never ever forget that moment.
    7. Jeremy Abbott's two perfect skates at nationals. He's divine, too.
    8. Johnny Weir's gorgeous skating at the Olympics and him calming the crowd as they booed his scores.
    9. Everything Mirai said at press conferences, especially about the "free stuff" and the description of the sushi roll her parents named after her. Hee!
    10. Daisuke Takahashi's Worlds gold medal. Actually, just his skating in general. I could watch him forever.

hmm. I ran out of numbers. But Shen and Zhao winning gold was pretty sweet, too.

Tripping on the Podium
    Yu-Na's Crowning at Oly
    Lysacek's sp at the Olympics
    Takahashi's sp at the Olympics
    Lysacek's freeskate
    The moment Lysacek realized that he won the gold medal
    Yu-Na's sp
    Yu-Na's lp
    Shen/Zhao winning the gold medal at the Olympics
    Takahashi winning the World's gold
    Pant/Tong winning gold at Worlds
    Laura winning the bronze medal at Worlds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyascii View Post
    9. Jamie Sale's expression after M/T's Olympic "Love Story" performance. I know it was hyped by NBC, but I still found it hilarious.
    I'm curious, what did she say?

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    1. Yuna Kim's Olympic performance. Who cares that she messed up at worlds? She was the most perfect Olympic gold medalist I have ever seen. The absolute best of figure skating this season. And her tears at the end of her FS were priceless. Oh, and the fact that the Korean stock market tipped while she skated. I loved that.
    2. Mirai making a splash skating last at the Olympics. She is divine.
    3. Evan's gold and especially his reaction when he realized he won. YOU GO!!
    4. Sasha Cohen's SP at nationals. Her comeback was worth it just to see her split leap into her spiral. Seriously.
    5. Mao pushing through a rocky season to land 3 axles at the Olympics and then finishing with a gold at worlds. Woohoo! So well deserved for a great skater who has struggled so much.
    6. Joannie Rochette's Olympic SP. I'll never ever forget that moment.
    7. Jeremy Abbott's two perfect skates at nationals. He's divine, too.
    8. Johnny Weir's gorgeous skating at the Olympics and him calming the crowd as they booed his scores.
    9. Everything Mirai said at press conferences, especially about the "free stuff" and the description of the sushi roll her parents named after her. Hee!
    10. Daisuke Takahashi's Worlds gold medal. Actually, just his skating in general. I could watch him forever.

hmm. I ran out of numbers. But Shen and Zhao winning gold was pretty sweet, too.
    Beautiful post.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    BEST TEN MOMENTS:
    1. Evan's wonderful sportsmanship at the Olympics. I don't know how he did that. If someone was talking that way about me, I'd be a lot nastier. I did not hear one nasty word come out of his mouth.
    2. Evan finding out he won the gold and seeing him on the top of the podium
    3. Evan's amazing Olympic Free Skate and reactions
    4. Evan's beautiful short at the Olympics and his emotions afterwards
    5. Ryan's Free Skate at US Nationals. he's usually inconsistent and that was a nice surprise.
    6. Jeremy and Adam skating well at worlds and securing three spots for the US
    7. Johnny skating well at the Olympics (even though he was underscored)
    8. Evan replying to my e-mail (ok, maybe that's not exactly a skating moment, but it was pretty awesome)
    9. The US ice dancers placing so high at the Olympics. Though I'm not a big fan of Davis and White, the US ice dancing used to be such a struggle. Now, it's clear we're among the best. Also Virtue and Moir.... sure they're Canadian, but this was great for North America in general and I loved seeing them on the podium leading the crowd in "O Canada"
    10. Shen and Zhao finally winning gold.

WORST TEN MOMENTS:
    1. Joannie Rochette's mother dying
    2. Plushenko's horrible sportsmanship. All I can say is, he's lucky he lost to Evan. I would've gotten a lot nastier.
    3. Yu Na Kim's continued fixed scores. Her Olympic programs were the most overscored I've ever seen. She's so boring. And her face annoys me. IDK why.
    4. Evan's horrible Nationals. But that was made up for by his great Olympics.
    5. Ryan not being named to the Olympic team
    6. Ryan having to skate at Worlds with a broken foot and bombing what was probably has last competition
    7. Johnny not being placed higher in the Olympics. IMO he deserved silver.
    8. Not really having a lady I was rooting for in the Olympics. I was really just "anybody but Kim."
    9. Belbin/ Agosto being beaten by Domnina and Shabalin. I thought they deserved that bronze, maybe even silver.
    10. Judges' apparent hatred of American skaters. Every single American skater was underscored at Worlds, as were all Americans except Evan and Merlie at the Olympics. If you don't like our government's policies, keep it in the political arena and don't take it out on our athletes.
    Last edited by #1Kerryfan; 04-07-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Custom Title
    1. Judges didn't steal the show. Rather fair judging, Speedy(strangely) killed the big part of the maffia (surprise)
    2. Yu-Na Kim. The quality of her skating at the Oly. Breathtaking, clean, classy, elegant, human.Memorable.
    3.Virtue/Moir. The same applied as for Yu-na.
    4.Shen-Zhao. Olympic Gold Medal. A lifetime achievement. It made me proud somehow.
    5.Takahashi at the World. Technique, lovable personality and art. Very rare combination.
    6.Davis-White performances. Any of them. Virtuos, bravura. They are standing on the earth with their both legs (V/M are flying above the clouds)
    7.Pang/Tong FS at the Oly, winning the World.
    8.Besides Kim, having another genius, Mao Asada at the same time. Both are all-time greatness.
    9.Joannie Rochette made the World cry and believe that, there is a life after....
    10.The face of P., when his scores showed up. ( I'm not bad, just honest, and I don't really rooting to L. either, I did it for Takahashi and Lambiel).It was his only natural, human gesture .For a few second he forgot that he does it for money.

These are just numbers, not orders....
    Last edited by bigdeal; 04-07-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Rinkside
    1 Shen&Zhao at GPF-till then I finally believed that their ultimate dream could come true!
    2 Plushy&Stephane's Euros-what a comeback!
    3 Akiko-
    4 Pang&Tong OG LP-I can't hold tears any longer,what a performance!
    5 Shen&Zhao finally realizing they are OGM!
    6 yuna OG LP
    7 Virtue&Moir OG OD-They got it!
    8 Pang&Tong World's LP
    9 Mirai OG SP
    10 OG Ex Gala-Missing so much

Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    I'm curious, what did she say?
    she didn't say anything, it was the supposed expression on her face - most thought she looked disgusted, I think she was just bored. For all we know they cut to her at a completely different time than her actual reaction to the end of the program.

On the Ice
    Top 10 Moments:

1. Joannie Rochette skating two great programs at Oly.
    2. Evan's Gold at Oly.
    3. Mao's smiling face in the podium at Oly.
    4. Mao's Gold at World.
    5. Shen/Zhao's happy ending at Oly.
    6. Yuna's SP/FP at Oly.
    7. Mirai's FP at Oly.
    8. Lysacek's SP at Oly.
    9. Laura's Bronze at World.
    10. Carolina's FS at World.

Custom Title
    The top ten great moment:
    1. Shen/Zhao's reaction after realized that they finally won the OGM + COC GPF and Olympic SP.
    2. Joannie Rochette's Olympic SP
    3. Yuna and Mao's back to back competitions at the olympics, happy for both, Yuna's tears, Mao's smiles precious
    4. Mao's Gold at World
    5. Pang/Tong's LP at olympics, winning gold at world
    6. Mirai's FP at olympics and her reaction
    7. Cynthia Phaneuf's World performances and Olympic performances
    8. S/S World LP and SC LP
    9. V/M's CD, OD, FD at Olympics. breathtaking, pure perfection
    10. Dai's World LP

Top five dumb or sad or bad or ridiculous moments
    1. Oda's broken lace during Olympic LP and out of FS at World
    2. Joannie's mom passed away
    3. Pang/Tong got time deduction and low score for the SP at Olympics
    4. The Russian skater's broken skate at World
    5. Jeremy Abbott and Brian Joubert bombed at Olympics

Rinkside
    Best Moments:

- Joannie's courage and grace, on and off the ice.
    - Evan at the Olympics, especially after he nailed the short program.
    - Yu-Na Kim living up to the expectations with her Olympic performances and handling the pressure so well.
    - Mao not backing down during her Olympic free skate.
    - Tessa and Scott's gorgeous free dance.
    - Meryl and Charlie's fun original dance.
    - Jeremy Abbott at US nationals. Hands down, some of the best performances this season.
    - Mirai's SP at nationals and Worlds and her FS at the Olympics. It's great to see young, wonderful talent.
    - Johnny delivering two great programs at the Olympics and his reaction right after finishing his free skate.
    - Adam Rippon, Takahiko Kozuka, and Daisuke at Worlds.
    - The US men securing three spots on next year's World team.
    - Ryan Bradley's nationals free skate.
    - Sasha's comeback.
    - Stephane's comeback.
    - Quips from skaters off the ice, particularily from Mirai and Johnny.

Worst Moments:

- Joannie's mother passing away.
    - Almost all of the ladies' skating at Worlds.
    - Ashley Wagner's costly fall in her short program at nationals.
    - Adam Rippon's short program at nationals and his reaction.
    - Sasha's comeback
    - Plushenko in general.
    - Johnny being underscored at the Olympics and missing the gala.
    - Tanith and Ben missing the podium and Domnina and Shabalin taking bronze. I don't know enough about ice dance to say whether or not it was fair, but I couldn't stand D/S this year.
    - Jeremy's disasterous Olympic short program.
    - Jeremy being underscored at Worlds.
    - The US ladies still not securing three spots for Worlds.
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 04-14-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenskater View Post
    Top 10 Moments:

1. Joannie Rochette skating two great programs at Oly.
    2. Evan's Gold at Oly.
    3. Mao's smiling face in the podium at Oly.
    4. Mao's Gold at World.
    5. Shen/Zhao's happy ending at Oly.
    6. Yuna's SP/FP at Oly.
    7. Mirai's FP at Oly.
    8. Lysacek's SP at Oly.
    9. Laura's Bronze at World.
    10. Carolina's FS at World.
    Was Mao smiling at the podium? No wonder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3