On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
she takes the audience on her journey of emotions
1. Yuna Kim's Olympic performance. Who cares that she messed up at worlds? She was the most perfect Olympic gold medalist I have ever seen. The absolute best of figure skating this season. And her tears at the end of her FS were priceless. Oh, and the fact that the Korean stock market tipped while she skated. I loved that.
2. Mirai making a splash skating last at the Olympics. She is divine.
3. Evan's gold and especially his reaction when he realized he won. YOU GO!!
4. Sasha Cohen's SP at nationals. Her comeback was worth it just to see her split leap into her spiral. Seriously.
5. Mao pushing through a rocky season to land 3 axles at the Olympics and then finishing with a gold at worlds. Woohoo! So well deserved for a great skater who has struggled so much.
6. Joannie Rochette's Olympic SP. I'll never ever forget that moment.
7. Jeremy Abbott's two perfect skates at nationals. He's divine, too.
8. Johnny Weir's gorgeous skating at the Olympics and him calming the crowd as they booed his scores.
9. Everything Mirai said at press conferences, especially about the "free stuff" and the description of the sushi roll her parents named after her. Hee!
10. Daisuke Takahashi's Worlds gold medal. Actually, just his skating in general. I could watch him forever.
hmm. I ran out of numbers. But Shen and Zhao winning gold was pretty sweet, too.
Yu-Na's Crowning at Oly
Lysacek's sp at the Olympics
Takahashi's sp at the Olympics
The moment Lysacek realized that he won the gold medal
Shen/Zhao winning the gold medal at the Olympics
Takahashi winning the World's gold
Pant/Tong winning gold at Worlds
Laura winning the bronze medal at Worlds
I'm curious, what did she say?
Originally Posted by dannyascii
Dreaming and dancing
Originally Posted by Layfan
The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek
BEST TEN MOMENTS:
1. Evan's wonderful sportsmanship at the Olympics. I don't know how he did that. If someone was talking that way about me, I'd be a lot nastier. I did not hear one nasty word come out of his mouth.
2. Evan finding out he won the gold and seeing him on the top of the podium
3. Evan's amazing Olympic Free Skate and reactions
4. Evan's beautiful short at the Olympics and his emotions afterwards
5. Ryan's Free Skate at US Nationals. he's usually inconsistent and that was a nice surprise.
6. Jeremy and Adam skating well at worlds and securing three spots for the US
7. Johnny skating well at the Olympics (even though he was underscored)
8. Evan replying to my e-mail (ok, maybe that's not exactly a skating moment, but it was pretty awesome)
9. The US ice dancers placing so high at the Olympics. Though I'm not a big fan of Davis and White, the US ice dancing used to be such a struggle. Now, it's clear we're among the best. Also Virtue and Moir.... sure they're Canadian, but this was great for North America in general and I loved seeing them on the podium leading the crowd in "O Canada"
10. Shen and Zhao finally winning gold.
WORST TEN MOMENTS:
1. Joannie Rochette's mother dying
2. Plushenko's horrible sportsmanship. All I can say is, he's lucky he lost to Evan. I would've gotten a lot nastier.
3. Yu Na Kim's continued fixed scores. Her Olympic programs were the most overscored I've ever seen. She's so boring. And her face annoys me. IDK why.
4. Evan's horrible Nationals. But that was made up for by his great Olympics.
5. Ryan not being named to the Olympic team
6. Ryan having to skate at Worlds with a broken foot and bombing what was probably has last competition
7. Johnny not being placed higher in the Olympics. IMO he deserved silver.
8. Not really having a lady I was rooting for in the Olympics. I was really just "anybody but Kim."
9. Belbin/ Agosto being beaten by Domnina and Shabalin. I thought they deserved that bronze, maybe even silver.
10. Judges' apparent hatred of American skaters. Every single American skater was underscored at Worlds, as were all Americans except Evan and Merlie at the Olympics. If you don't like our government's policies, keep it in the political arena and don't take it out on our athletes.
Last edited by #1Kerryfan; 04-07-2010 at 08:26 PM.