-carolina free in torino: what an experience to see her live and skate like this! during the step I couldn't hear the music for how much we're clapping and shouting and then the standing ovation right before the end of the program!
-fede e massi winning the bronze in torino: so deserved! they trained just two days after the olympics because fede is still struggling with her problem with the stomach and actually a week before the start they were near retirement! but they fought till the end and delivered a strong and emotional performance!
-tessa an scott free dance at olympics! pure perfection!
-Joannie short st olympics: that day I kept thinking and thinking at that program! the performance of the night for me!
-lambiel long at europeans! what a beautiful comeback! wish he had skated that program better at olympics
-Plushenko short at COR..the king is back!
- Anna cappellini eyes in the ending pose of the free dance at COR
-Aljona e Robin free at worlds..My favourite
-Takahashi long at worlds!! can I call him a "japanese Lambiel"??? I love him and his skate!
- the photo I took with Massimo Scali, the kerrs, mao,tessa and scott during the world championship! love you guys!!!!!
-Carolina long at the olympics...oh god...and the declaration of petrucci right after her skate..
-Laura taking the bronze at world...noway..114 for a program with 3 triples is insulting for every skater who try to do their best doing harder thing and then making mistake...they tried, but she didn't..for her effort nagasu deserved the bronze more than laura..at least she tried the triples..the bronze however was for miki ando who was so underscored (like mao!!!!!) or eventually carolina's! but taking away the bronze from these two by under two points it's mean..judges have done their work (I'm not bashing laura who is very talented, but the judges..)
-Fede e Massi not winning gold at europeans after two beautiful programs! I was crying during their free dance!
- Lambiel long at olympics..:(
- daisuke's quad flip being downgraded..I know it's right but it was such an effort!!
-Plushenko not going to worlds! I wanted so badly to see him live!!
- Oda not making the free at worlds...why why????? I wanted so badly to see the chatlie chaplin program too!! :(
Last edited by Tanja90; 03-31-2010 at 09:29 PM.
- * -
I'll do my worst ones since I've already done my best ones.
1) Joannie Rochette's mother dying, although that isn't really 'skating'
2) Shawn Sawyer fails to make Olympic team
3) Ryan Bradley breaks his foot and has to skate in pain at Worlds 2010
4) Navarro and Bommentre fail to make Olympic team
5) Brian Joubert implodes at the Olympics
6) Carolina Kostner implodes at the Olympics
7) Nobunari Oda implodes at the Worlds
8) Borodulin's blade breaks at Worlds
9) Oda's skate lace breaks at Olympics (less bad than Borodulin's problem, since it might have been Nobu's fault)
10) Jeremy Abbott implodes in the Olympic SP
Honourable mentions: Verner's Olympic implosion, Chan fails to medal and finishes behind his music there, the pairs final flight minus Pang and Tong, Yu-Na Kim, Akiko Suzuki and Miki Ando in the SP at Worlds
What an awesome season! This will be a hard list to make.
10) Dube & Davison's FS at Nationals
9) Plushenko finally being silenced by Evan Lysacek
8) Weaver & Poje's bronze metal at Skate Canada on home town ice
7) Aliona & Robin's FS at worlds - Wow!
6) The battle between Crone & Poirier and Weaver & Poje at nationals
5) Yu-Na Kim
4) Shen & Zhao's OGM - the perfect end to a perfect career
3) Cynthia's FS at worlds
2) Joannie FINALLY proving to all those who had written her off that she is a champion
1) Virtue & Moir's Olympic FD and gold medal - simply indescribeable!
Dreaming and dancing
I would not make top/worst 10. Just random ordering.
- Mao's great comeback at worlds.
- Mao's three 3As ratified at Oly.
- Mao's little jumps with joy after SP at Oly.
- Caro's comeback at Worlds.
- Akiko's heartfelt performances at her LP.
- Akiko's making Oly team.
- Nob's great GP season.
- Koz's great SP at Worlds.
- Mirai's breakthrough and newly found consistency (except for the falls at Worlds)
- I found Laura's beautiful skating; she's fantastic. Great skating skills.
- Brian's comeback at Worlds (didn't imagine a few years ago that I'd be rooting for him)
- Miki's great performances (didn't imagine a few years ago that I'd be rooting for her)
- Seeing beautiful Johnny at Oly K&C and hearing his commentary
- Great comeback by Dai
- Kanako's happy with Akiko's score at Nationals
- Nob's three popped jumps and not making the final at Worlds
- The first shock when I saw Mao's gloomy music and ugly blue/black costume (Now I like the program and okay with the red costume)
- Verner not showing up at Worlds
- Verner not having a great season
- Caro not having a great season
- Mao's struggle earlier in the season (I recall Tinymavy15 saying that, at the end of the season, we may be laughing for having been pessimistic. I marvel this optimistic insight.)
- Johnny withdrawing from the Worlds
- Nob's lace at Olympics
- Akiko's in the first flight at Worlds LP
- Messy comp in Men's Oly
- Even messier in ladies at Worlds
1. Daisuke's World FS. Quad flip=epic win
2. Jeremy's Nationals FS
3. Pang and Tong's amazing Olympic FS. The look on Tong's face during their final lift was so triumphant. I loved it.
4. Shen and Zhao finally winning Olympic gold. If anyone else had beaten P/T for the Olympic title, I would have been annoyed, because P/T's program was sensational. But S/Z...it's long overdue. They earned it.
5. Savchenko and Szolkowy Skate Canada FS. I've never been a huge fan of them, but the combination of the beautiful music, subtle choreo, and fantastic execution was breathtaking.
6. Denis Ten Skate Canada SP. That kid has got so much potential.
7. Mao Asada Olympic SP and Worlds FS. I know a lot of people had issues with her programs this season, but I loved them. Her SP was whimsical yet powerful and I thought the choreo in her FS, though minimalist, really brought intensity to her skating. And her axels have come a long way.
8. Yu-Na Kim Olympic FS. Never loved that program, but there is no denying that it was flawless.
9. Jamie Sale's expression after M/T's Olympic "Love Story" performance. I know it was hyped by NBC, but I still found it hilarious.
10. Joannie's Olympic SP. That took some guts and it really brought the skating community together around a common cause.
11. Mirai . Basically the whole season. Sure, she UR's a lot. But she'll work on that in the off-season. What she showed, though, is she's got fire and spark and that's something we haven't seen in a US lady for a few seasons.
12. Dube and Davison Nationals FS. I've never seen a program that so accurately portrays love and nostalgia like this one does. There is always so much emotion going into that final combination spin.
13. Kozuka's Rostelecom FS. He never quite delivered this program cleanly, but I think this program was a real stepping stone for him; it was a great balance of the artistry, athleticism and masculinity in his skating and I thought it was great. Just wish he would have nailed it flawlessly...
Last edited by dannyascii; 04-01-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Rooting for the divas with Kwanford
Johnny's Olympics - He rocked more than a tassel! It was so great to see him deliver two clean, emotional programs when he needed to most, esp. since I remember the dull premiere of his SP in Connecticut last summer - he worked that one for all he was worth.
Sasha's return, right up through her SP at Nats - Her drive to come all the way back was stunning. For two or three days, she had the skating world in her hand. A sweet moment indeed.
Shen & Zhao getting their fairy-tale ending. As soon as I find a frame, I'll have a photo on my wall of the moment after they finished their FP, when they knew they'd reached the top of Mount Olympus. He's overcome by tears, she's laughing at him - so beautiful.
Mirai at the Olympics and Worlds SP. Who doesn't love watching the rise of this marvelously gifted, open-hearted, and determined young lady (and her relationship with Frank C)? It's a wonderful thing to see an Olympic moment like hers and know it's just the beginning.
Takahashi - Whole season: overcoming such a huge setback and winning, first, people's hearts, then World Gold. I've admired him since the 2006 Olympics and seen him transform himself into a champion with so much work and humility. Victory couldn't happen to a better skater.
Yu Na at the Olympics - To see her gracious performances was to watch a gold medal spinning on the ice. No one can match her ease and flow.
Pang & Tong, Olympic FP - No one expected this team to deliver a stunning, standing-ovation skate at the Olympics - what a joy. A true Olympic moment!
Mao at Worlds, and 3-3A Olympics - Finally, after such a grim season, she comes out on top. What a fighter! It makes me so excited for her for next season.
Joannie's SP at the Olympics. Simply unbelievable. We saw the spiritual strength under her physical strength.
Tessa & Scott's Mahler FP. High art on ice. (Sorry, Joesitz. ) They bring the class back to ice dance after terrorists, peasants, and cartoon "Injuns" tried to steal it.
Meryl & Charlie's OD - Just a wow of a program, brilliantly conceived and brilliantly performed.
I couldn't get it to 10, and left out so many! It was a wonderful season and shows why the Olympics are so important.
Last edited by Spun Silver; 04-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
The Future Is Now!
My Top 10:
1) Daisuke winning Worlds, proving quads and artistry do mix
2) Yuna vs. Mao in Paris, Vancouver, and Torino!
3) Joannie's Olympic journey... from her nearly flawless performance at Japan Open to a rocky GP Season to an amazing comeback at Nationals to the courage she displayed in Vancouver. What a ride.
4) Evan's reaction after he won Gold... and the group hug between him, Lori, and S/Z
5) S/Z getting their happy ending
6) Mirai's nosebleed
7) The debut of the Rippon Lutz!
8) Jeremy's FS at Nationals!
9) Scott thanking Tessa after their FD in Vancouver
10) Every Merlie moment!
HMs: Joubert's comeback, Plushy's soundbites after losing to Evan, Sasha's Nationals, Akiko's footwork sequence, Ryan's FS at Nationals, P/T skating the SOTL!
Yes, that group hug was so cute! Besides, I noticed that as soon as it was clear that Evan had won, both Shen and Zhao looked extremely delighted and happy about it.
Originally Posted by ARipp42014
Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges
can you explain, please? Haven't heard about it...
Originally Posted by dannyascii
The Future Is Now!
After Masha & Max's FS to Love Story, NBC showed Jamie and David (who was doing commentary on CTV) and Jamie's face was priceless. She was like "oh no they didn't skate to 'our' music!"
Originally Posted by Audrey19
Worst moments of 2010
1) Joannie's mom dies 2 days before the Ladies SP
2) Oda "atomic bombs" the SP in Torino
3) Masha & Max's near-Babs moment after the SP in Vancouver
4) Anna crying after she and Luca's FD in Torino
5) Carolina "Hubert'd" in Vancouver
6) Adam's dejected face after the SP at Nationals
7) Mao failed to medal in Rost. Cup in Russia
8) Verner's entire season after Paris
9) All those international commentators who constantly made fun of Johnny Gaga (SHAME ON YOU!)
10) DomShabs' OD
Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program
Spun Silver's whole post :-) agree
1. Shen and Zhao won gold at Vancouver
2. Lambiel's silver at Euros
3. Oda's LP at the Grand Prix Final
4. Adam Rippon's triple Lutz
5. Yu-Na's world record and gold
6-7. Virtue and Moir's and Davis and White's FD (I can't decide which is better)
8. The Bollywood program
9. Pang and Tong's lp at the Olympics
10. Hungary will send two pairs in ice dance for the next wolrd's because of the 10th place of Nóri and Max
finally gold for shen/zhao....evan's great performance and gold.....watching Flatt and esp Mirai do great programs! Wonderful!...Joannie's SP, what a cryfest! The resurgence of beautiful ice dance and seeing Canada take the deserved gold! (wish it had been Bourne/Kraatz, the best ever, IMO,)....seeing Mao make history! seeing plushy compete again.....watching stephane's gala skate...Johnny Weir in general at the olys, ....jeremy abbotts great nationals, i missed much of the season. YUNA's crowning was anticlimactic for me.
1.Yuna's short at Eric.. when her lips move upward at start..(so dizzy)
2.Yuna's short at Worlds ..first mistake and her embarassed face...(rare and some cute)
3.Yuna's free at Worlds.. after salchow when she showed some upset slightly..
4.Oda's waltz (I missed the moment his lace....Love his LP...so much)
5.Joannie's short at Oly..(So brave, touching and clean...)
6.Yuna's free at oly..when she showed smile after flip or Lutz..can't remember exactly...
7.Plu's Gala after Oly..showed his emontion..yay..
Last edited by vicivici; 04-03-2010 at 04:43 AM.