Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do skating fans do with no competitive skating till the fall?

skating philosopher
    Catch up with all the work I failed to do while watching live streaming of the Olympics and Worlds on my computer.

Custom Title
    Clearly, I have to attend make-up classes at YouTube University so I can understand more about the subtleties of skating technique. Some of you guys leave me in the dust when it comes to understanding of jump layouts and approaches and whatnot. Maybe by then the ISU will let the Olympic programs be posted, so I can watch the sublime final flight of the ladies again, and Virtue and Moir's Mahler final, and Shen and Zhao's short program, and Takahashi's and Lambiel's short programs, and...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Maybe by then the ISU will let the Olympic programs be posted, so I can watch the sublime final flight of the ladies again, and Virtue and Moir's Mahler final, and Shen and Zhao's short program, and Takahashi's and Lambiel's short programs, and...
    I sent you pm

I forgot the World Cup this summer! Wow busy summer it will be. I m a football fan!

And I almost bought the Youtube university, i thought it was a new feature of youtube

Complaining about how long is the off-season. Nothing more.

skating philosopher
    Clearly, I have to attend make-up classes at YouTube University so I can understand more about the subtleties of skating technique. Some of you guys leave me in the dust when it comes to understanding of jump layouts and approaches and whatnot. Maybe by then the ISU will let the Olympic programs be posted, so I can watch the sublime final flight of the ladies again, and Virtue and Moir's Mahler final, and Shen and Zhao's short program, and Takahashi's and Lambiel's short programs, and...
    Speaking of YouTube university...
    The nice folks at the Italian tv station posted all the highlights of the World championships here: http://www.youtube.com/user/LaRiserv...21/cgSfNuhNESI
    If you can take the chatter, it's actually really good stuff.

Aurora100, how do you put your VCR tapes into DVD? Do you have to have special equipment?

Custom Title
    YESSSSSSS Let us start a campaign to allow Oly performances on You Tube. It's nuts we can't post those. SO many of 2010 Olympic programs are worth watching over and over and it's so much easier to watch on You Tube than lugging DVD's around.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhar55 View Post
    Aurora100, how do you put your VCR tapes into DVD? Do you have to have special equipment?
    I bought a $150 Toshiba VCR and DVD player machine and it does dubbing. I bought it at a local store called Audiotronics in Canada, which is similar to Source or Radio Shack in the US. Best Buy (do you have those in the US? ) should have them too.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    I bought a $150 Toshiba VCR and DVD player machine and it does dubbing. I bought it at a local store called Audiotronics in Canada, which is similar to Source or Radio Shack in the US. Best Buy (do you have those in the US? ) should have them too.
    Yes we have Best Buy! Hey the Best Buy in my town used to be a Future Shop! I know that's way off topic, but I thought you would appreciate that Canadian trivia question.

Hockey and watching YouTube!

Actually I'm going to be busy. 2 of my best friends are getting married this summer (one in June, the other in September) and my boyfriend and I are going on vacation on our own. Wish me luck that I might get a ring on my finger.

Custom Title
    Watch tennis :
    I'm more excited about the wold cup that I was about the Winter Olympics.

Custom Title
    Relax. It's so exhausting following figure skating competitions!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    YESSSSSSS Let us start a campaign to allow Oly performances on You Tube. It's nuts we can't post those. SO many of 2010 Olympic programs are worth watching over and over and it's so much easier to watch on You Tube than lugging DVD's around.
    Look on www.ctvolympics.ca - go to Figure Skating, Results - there you will find the Replay button and you can watch the whole event - or you can skip to your fave performance as there are markers for each skater. I have been re-watching quite a bit, much to my family's disgust ;-)

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    my boyfriend and I are going on vacation on our own. Wish me luck that I might get a ring on my finger.
    Good luck!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3