Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do skating fans do with no competitive skating till the fall?

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Follow swimming! I'm also trying to sell my house, which is taking up TONS of time.

Not everyone cares - but this summer is the World Cup - and for the first time in Africa.

It is a great sporting event - full of drama, heroics - and like skating - has a fair share of controversy.

I believe this is the most watched sporting event in the world - even if it is never such a big deal in North America.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Not everyone cares - but this summer is the World Cup - and for the first time in Africa.

It is a great sporting event - full of drama, heroics - and like skating - has a fair share of controversy.

I believe this is the most watched sporting event in the world - even if it is never such a big deal in North America.
    Soccer?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pista04 View Post
    Personally, I usually switch my focus to gymnastics and track and field (Im a runner) so that could possibly help you. Gymnastic works well, because its a physical art like FS, and is the complete opposite season. =]
    ditto that. i also watch and play tennis.

Custom Title
    I draw. And study lols.

Custom Title
    Club competitions

Work on my own skating

Catch up on events I didn't have time to watch while they were in progress (e.g., Euros)

Custom Title
    Soccer this summer.
    Fun tidbit: Italia (Carolina) claimed the world cup champion by defeating every single team except one: the U.S.
    And wavin' flag, the theme song for the world cup this year, is ridiculously catchy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Along with pista04 I will be moving my focus to Gymnastics; and also tennis
    me too. French Open going to be good.

I wait patiently.

:frown2:

Spend most Sundays on Kentucky Lake Bass fishing till fall

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    work on a project I have going on about folk OD's with an anthropologist friend of mine

moderate Golden Skate

Go to Liberty, take films of the new programs, and share them

Figure out how to afford to go to Nationals

Finish cleaning up the mess in my cellar caused by being flooded to a depth of 3 and one half feet in the recent floods in CT

Do some reading.

Do some sailing.

Try to make it to Lake Placid International Dance Competition to see what the skaters are coming up with to compete under these crazy new rules that the ISU is supposed to pass in June (I don't know how the kids will get ready that fast, I really don't)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyszy View Post
    i'm putting all my skating tapes on to dvd!!
    a lot of work but great to see all the legends ... skating has changed some points are better, some aren't. The new system has bought up the technical side specially steps, but has also made it more calculating and less spontanous!
    Funny you say that. I recorded Olympic Games in VCR and when I put FIGURE SKATING only into DVD, I shrunk 8 hr tape into 2 hr!

I think this is much more productive than you tubing. There is so many negative stuff there about figure skaters, in video and comments. Thank GOD GS monitors posts and no obscene language allowed. Thank you GS and all the posters for talking about figure skating all the time even if I don't agree with you all the time !!!

On the Ice
    I'm eating, sleeping, then sleeping and eating

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Go to the arena, watch my kids skate; look at photo galleries of last year with my DD to help design a new skating costume; watch youtube and other skating videos with DS and DD to show them really neat spins and stuff to add into their programs ... pay the coaches bills and all of the other costs associated with being a skating parent ... recognize that summer doesn't mean VACATION it means MORE TIME TO TRAIN AND SKATE ... sigh.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnSkateWatcher View Post
    Go to the arena, watch my kids skate; look at photo galleries of last year with my DD to help design a new skating costume; watch youtube and other skating videos with DS and DD to show them really neat spins and stuff to add into their programs ... pay the coaches bills and all of the other costs associated with being a skating parent ... recognize that summer doesn't mean VACATION it means MORE TIME TO TRAIN AND SKATE ... sigh.
    Good luck, CdnSkateWatcher! And have a wonderful time! Figure skating future needs the skating moms like you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast