Johnny's Bad Romance | Golden Skate

Johnny's Bad Romance

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
And here is the debut of Johnny's fabulous Bad Romance program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIRKT51g59c

Quite frankly I thought it was a huge let down. He looks very out of shape for having this be only a month after the olympics, skated painfully slowly. half the chreo was from Poker Face and the other half looked like he improvised it on the spot. It was obvious to me that somebody spend a lot more time creating the hideous costume than he did actually working on the number. Bring back Poker Face.

dannyascii

On the Ice
Definitely not as good as Poker face. Plus, he looked tired.
And the costume...I'd love to see Evan in that. I think that'd be absolutely hilarious.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m very disappointed in that programme! Just remembering that wonderful one in Russian language he skated some years ago in Russia...

This programme looks empty, way too much posing and the music is totally wrong for Weir. The costume, well, I´m not surprised.

seniorita

Record Breaker
In Moscow last night he skated to the Russian Song instead of Gaga. Plush manager asked the skaters to tone it down a bit due to the incident in Moscow.

What incident in Moscow?

ETA: Wait, you mean the bombing? What does that have to do with skating??

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Directly I suppose nothing, but they toned the show down a bit I guess since there was mourning day or something like that in Russia for the victims. In the beginning before the show the skaters appeared all on stage and they had one minute silence.

chrissy51

Rinkside
It's a show, This is what I expect from a show with Johnny. Competition is one thing I expect to see great jumps, speed, etc. This I enjoyed and the costume was great. I liked what one poster said "I like to see Evan in this costume" I laugh out loud.

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's a show, This is what I expect from a show with Johnny. Competition is one thing I expect to see great jumps, speed, etc. This I enjoyed and the costume was great. I liked what one poster said "I like to see Evan in this costume" I laugh out loud.

Just as I hope never to see Evan in such a "costume." :)

But it is fine for Johnny. His costumes and personna became more important than his skating skills many years ago.

And a terroist attack doesn't have to be as massive as 9/11 to give citizens of a city or nation time to pause to reflect.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Not crazy about the costume but I liked his program. Thanks T for the link. Sheesh can't we have one thread about Johnny without bringing up Evan.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I guess he thought that if he made the costume crazy enough nobody would notice the skating.

lockstep

Spectator
Liked the costume - descriptive for a Bad Romance :) Wasn't so keen on the program yet but guessing it is a work in progress.

ks777

Record Breaker
Is this like a drag queen show? I can see why SOI didn't want Johnny.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Is this like a drag queen show? I can see why SOI didn't want Johnny.

Ah it is fine, we want him! I wish he was doing the other dates as well! The group number of the 4 was very well received :) Actually it is a good show, it runs few years though, it needs some improvements. Personally I dont like much the acrobats in shows and they have enough numbers. But this time they also host a skater who is in wheelchair now and this is a very interesting one to watch. These two first nights the arenas were full and the capacity was around 14.000 seats.
Plushenko will be delighted to hear that you converted his Kings to Drag queens. :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I don't mind the crazy makeup and costume so much, if he had the skating to back it up. The little skating he did could be improved upon by a juvinille girl. The older skaters can get away with cheater doubles due to thier star power and age. Not to mention superior skating skills. For johhnny to double foot a double toe that had like 3 inches of height is not acceptable one month after his "perfect" Olympic skate. It's not like he is injuired.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I liked it!! He did seem tired, but so are a lot of other skaters after such a long season. I think this is a work of progress and I expect it to be better each time he skates it!!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think he seemed that out of shape, but the program was totally cheesy. I can also see why SOI didn't want it, like someone else said.