Thread: Suguri found sponsors, will continue to skate

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Suguri found sponsors, will continue to skate

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000067-jij-spo

today is april fool but this news is true.

suguri who have been looking for sponsors finally founds sponsors and will continue to skate.

actually she could get 10 companies which support her,so she is now diciding which company she will enter.

Custom Title
    I can't read the article, but that's great news. I personally think Suguri could have a great carreer as a show skater; but she may not get a lot of opportunities having never won a World Championship title or anything. But I loved her Ein Wiener Waltzer ex; very entertaining. With Mao and Miki continuing; Akiko Suzuki hopefully continuing as well and Kanako Murakami presumably going to seniors this year, it looks like it might be very hard for her to make the World team... But she should definitely get some GP invites (hopefully 2)...

Good news and best wishes to Fumie for a successful season.

Good news! Fumie becomes an employee of a management company. This company doen't become her sponser, but Fumie says more than 10 companies offered her support. She has already selected several companies as a prospective sponsor and will make a final decision within this month.

Fumie is setting the present goal for the podium of the next Worlds, and also seeking the possibility for Sochi.

As for the training environment, according to this article, Fumie's new coarch is Noriko Sato, who was an ice dancer. Their base will be Sin-yokohama.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/fla...100401037.html
    Last edited by Morning Glory; 04-01-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Good for her! I'm very happy for her!

I am pretty impressed by her marketability under this economy! Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Good news! Fumie becomes an employee of a management company. This company doen't become her sponser, but Fumie says more than 10 companies offered her support. She has already selected several companies as a prospective sponsor and will make a final decision within this month.

Fumie is setting the present goal for the podium of the next Worlds, and also seeking the possibility for the Sochi.

As for the training enviromental, according to this article, Fumie's new coarch is Noriko Sato, who was an ice dancer. Thier base will be Sin-yokohama.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/fla...100401037.html

Thank you for the update. Very good news for Fumie.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Nice. I'm very glad to hear this!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Fumie is setting the present goal for the podium of the next Worlds, and also seeking the possibility for Sochi.
    While I´m glad for Suguri finding sponsors I kind of feel sad for her. Isn´t it time for her to hang up the skates for eligible competing? She is 29 now and will be 30 in 2011 Worlds and would be 34 in Sochi... It seems to me that there is so much talent in Japanese ladies discipline already in this moment, that it would be really difficult for Suguri to get a slot even for next year´s Worlds.

LOL, I find it hard to believe that this isn´t an April Fool´s joke...
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-01-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    While I´m glad for Suguri finding sponsors I kind of feel sad for her. Isn´t it time for her to hang up the skates for eligible competing? She is 29 now and will be 30 in 2011 Worlds and would be 34 in Sochi... It seems to me that there is so much talent in Japanese ladies discipline already in this moment, that it would be really difficult for Suguri to get a slot even for next year´s Worlds.
    She's 29 NOW. 29 AFTER the Olympics.
    By the next Olympics, I'm almost certain she'll be 33. What's with all the crazy math?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaana View Post
    while i´m glad for suguri finding sponsors i kind of feel sad for her. Isn´t it time for her to hang up the skates for eligible competing? She is 29 now and will be 30 in 2011 worlds and would be 34 in sochi... It seems to me that there is so much talent in japanese ladies discipline already in this moment, that it would be really difficult for suguri to get a slot even for next year´s worlds.

Lol, i find it hard to believe that this isn´t an april fool´s joke...
    [/i]
    I admire Fumie for continuing. It takes a lot of determination and discipline to keep on practicing as a competitive skater. She could just easily retire and enjoy her life. But I guess she really loves this sports. Well, her body still looked like 20 years old , so with Ms. Sato and proper training, I am sure she will be able to compete really well. Who knows, she may be able to put her name on the guiness book as the oldest female to mdeal in the Olympic!