Suguri found sponsors, will continue to skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Suguri found sponsors, will continue to skate

silverlake22

Record Breaker

koheikun90

On the Ice
I'm glad that Mao, Miki and Fumie are continuing to skate competitively. There has not been a lot of breakout junior ladies from Japan as they had in the past, maybe with the exception of Kanako and Haruka. I have a feeling the men's program is going to stronger in this cycle. They have a lot more talented skaters. I'm assuming Oda and Kozuka will continue on to Sochi and I think Takahashi has the potential to find that competitive fire to continue on, too. In addition, Hanyu (who I feel is the most talented 15 year old skater I've ever seen), Machida, Nakamura and Mura.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Suguri contributes to the public recoginition of the company

In Japanese
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100407-00000486-yom-spo

A Yahoo article titled, "What is Yoshindo that supports Fumie Suguri?," that introduces the background and the head of the company.

This is what I see as a win-win situation. She is marketable and has that name. Despite all those bashing that put down on her, her sponsorship issues made the top news of Yahoo Japan after all.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I hope that she learns business manners in the Sunny Sideup Company where she'll work for the division of promotion of sports or something.

She's professional to the core as a skater (no complaints, no excuses, determination, self-responsibility, great discipline, and gratitudes to those who support her).

But she comes across as not extremely well in business manners in organizations yet. I get such an impression when I see her commentate. I hope she retires from commentating, focus on her regular job and skating, and later when she retires from competing career, she could come back both as an ex-skater and a business woman who can commentate in more tactful manners.

Bennett

Record Breaker
What do you mean by business manners?

Business etiquette in Japan is pretty strict and it's geared towards group harmony. You have to read between lines, behave extremely humbly and respectfully, and be sensitive and considerate to all that's involved. Her comments sometimes come across as a bit naive and immature in these aspects, IMO.

Last edited: