Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Team Mao: potential plans

Team Mao: potential plans

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000012-sph-spo

The article says that they may pick multiple coaches with different expertise, while having the main coach and keeping TAT as a choreographer.

Mao wants to do 3-3 and "soft music." Happy to hear that.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Yes, a 3/3 and "soft music" is just what the doctor ordered. I just have so much respect for Mao. She is constantly trying to improve, to challenge herself technically. I guess the lutz is officially not coming back though?

Custom Title
    According to the article, now Sato Nobuo, Sato Yuka's father and Kozuka's coach and Honda Takeshi, Daiske's technical coach are being mentioned as new coaches.

Nagakubo Hiroshi, Suzuki's coach, is not mentioned there. I wonder whether he will be chosen too because he helped Mao a lot at 4CC.
    (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Custom Title
    Nobuo Sato is such a sweet-looking guy!! No idea what his methods are; but he always looks so calm and soothing. And Kozuka is a great skater; I think Mao and Kozuka could be great training partners . So TAT is remaining as a coach and choreographer?? I'm confused, wasn't there an article stating Mao had broken off all engagements with Tarasova?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Nobuo Sato is such a sweet-looking guy!! No idea what his methods are; but he always looks so calm and soothing. And Kozuka is a great skater; I think Mao and Kozuka could be great training partners . So TAT is remaining as a coach and choreographer?? I'm confused, wasn't there an article stating Mao had broken off all engagements with Tarasova?
    I wish she would use Kenji Miyamoto as her choreographer; his programs are so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Mr. Nobuo Sato seems to greatly value basics, which seems apparent in his daughter's skating. Yukari Nakano and Fumie Suguri went to him later in their career and I recall their wishing if they had done so before. Mr. Sato looks so gentle, but I read his wife Kumiko says that his students are kind of afraid of (?) him; perhaps he could be hard, too.
    No, according to this particular article, TAT remains as a choreopgraher but not as a coach. But yeah, I read elsewhere that they just split off. So who knows? But I think it safe to say that TAT will not remain as a main coach.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000012-sph-spo

The article says that they may pick multiple coaches with different expertise, while having the main coach and keeping TAT as a choreographer.

Mao wants to do 3-3 and "soft music." Happy to hear that.
    PLEEEEEEEEASE PLEASE Mao, do not use have TAT as a choreographer. She is a great choreographer and you are a great skater, but TAT is not a good match for you. Pleeeeeeeeeease go back to Lori Nichol !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    According to the article, now Sato Nobuo, Sato Yuka's father and Kozuka's coach and Honda Takeshi, Daiske's technical coach are being mentioned as new coaches.
    Nobuo Sato and Takeshi Honda are mentioned just as prospective coaches. Also this article only mentioned that the persons concerned with skating ( I have no idea who they are...) said Nobuo and Takeshi would good for Mao, so I don't know how team Mao thinks about them.

I think it is really great if Mao goes to Nobuo Sato or Takeshi Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    PLEEEEEEEEASE PLEASE Mao, do not use have TAT as a choreographer. She is a great choreographer and you are a great skater, but TAT is not a good match for you. Pleeeeeeeeeease go back to Lori Nichol !!!!!!!!
    Mao with Lori and Chopin like Nocturne, Fantaisie-Impromptu and So Deep Is The Night were really great !! But I also love TAT's Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra, Por una Cabeza and Capriccio!

Custom Title
    there are a rumor that midori ito wants to coach mao...

Custom Title
    I somehow doubt Midori would make a good technical coach for Mao. IMO she had way too much natural jumping talent to provide any more constructive advice than "Mao-chan, just do it!". After all, she trained under Yamada.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    I somehow doubt Midori would make a good technical coach for Mao. IMO she had way too much natural jumping talent to provide any more constructive advice than "Mao-chan, just do it!". After all, she trained under Yamada.
    Yeah, I get such an impression. Her commentary, to me, is not as reliable as Shizuka's, Yuka Sato's, or Ms. Yaginuma Junko's. She cheers for the skaters and does not do a great job in analysis.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    there are a rumor that midori ito wants to coach mao...
    This would be an utter disaster. Mao already has the only thing Midori Ito could teacher her. Triple Axel. What Mao needs is not what Midori Ito was famous for. Triple combinations and complicated transition moves that would gain all the points she needs to score big. I watched the entire career of Midori Ito in late 80s and early 90s, when she couldn't beat Kristi Yamaguchi. She was famous for lack of artistry to put it mildly. And in her days, ladies did not have to do triple triple nor did it have today scoring system.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    This would be an utter disaster. Mao already has the only thing Midori Ito could teacher her. Triple Axel. What Mao needs is not what Midori Ito was famous for. Triple combinations and complicated transition moves that would gain all the points she needs to score big. I watched the entire career of Midori Ito in late 80s and early 90s, when she couldn't beat Kristi Yamaguchi. She was famous for lack of artistry to put it mildly. And in her days, ladies did not have to do triple triple nor did it have today scoring system.
    I don't know if Ito would be a good fit for Mao, either. But suggesting that Midori could teach her only the 3A is just plain wrong. For starters, she can help to improve Mao's 3a. It isn't always ratified, and I'm sure she could help her in getting more height and flow out of it. About the lack of artistry, Midori wasn't very musical and didn`t have elegant or long lines. But her programs were way more difficult than Yamaguchi's, not only in terms of jumps of course, but they were filled with transitions, much harder steps and spins and besides that, she was a much better basic skater than Kristi. She would have trumped Kristy 90% of the time under COP. I think she has a lot to say to Mao, if she wants her advice
    Then again, Midori was a freak of nature in jumping ability and I'm not sure she can quite explain how to do it to the simple mortals (not that Mao isn't an oustanding talent, either)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    I don't know if Ito would be a good fit for Mao, either. But suggesting that Midori could teach her only the 3A is just plain wrong. For starters, she can help to improve Mao's 3a. It isn't always ratified, and I'm sure she could help her in getting more height and flow out of it. About the lack of artistry, Midori wasn't very musical and didn`t have elegant or long lines. But her programs were way more difficult than Yamaguchi's, not only in terms of jumps of course, but they were filled with transitions, much harder steps and spins and besides that, she was a much better basic skater than Kristi. She would have trumped Kristy 90% of the time under COP. I think she has a lot to say to Mao, if she wants her advice
    Then again, Midori was a freak of nature in jumping ability and I'm not sure she can quite explain how to do it to the simple mortals (not that Mao isn't an oustanding talent, either)
    I have to respectfully disagree. Improving her 3A is not what Mao needs the most at the moment. She needs to go back to rounding out her program top to bottom. Now, I agree with you Yamaguchi was not what she became later as a pro skater. She was more of a jumping bean with often awkward lines and carriages, not the lyrical artistic skater like Michelle Kwan or anything. Even then Ito made Yamaguchi look strong in artistry. Ito had nothing but jumps...and it was the jumps that got her the titles she did. We all loved her personality and we wanted her to win more but she was so far away from a complete skater. I couldn't think of someone worse, just in skating style, than Ito, as Mao's coach, at this point.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast