Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Team Mao: potential plans

Custom Title
    I don't know who will become her jump coach.

It's happy to find the fact that her jumping problems has been improving to me and to see her
    3F-3Lo , which we've been waiting for.
    the reason I feel so may be I can look it from front, her 3F is beautiful and very delayed. As what I'm sorry is not seeing her foot, I don't know she really rotate it clearly. Though it looks okay to me.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    At least, I hope so. Time will tell.
    I hope so too. I can't take away anything else from her skating. It's just her jumps. I'm very picky about jumps, toe jumps in particular, and judge all jumps against perfection. Most of my favorites are those who have precision and great strength and speed when they leep into a lutz or a flip. Caro K in her prime (2005, 2007 SP) was one of my favorites. Her jumps were

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Beautiful! It suits her so well I think!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    aesthetically Mao has the most beautiful jumps. I hope that it wont change.
    WEll COP does not award aesthetics. Tara mentioned that Mao's ankle is double jointed or something like that, so she completes all the rotation in the air, but because of her ankel, when she lands on ice someitmes it is short of rotation.

Anyway Peggy mentioned once that a lot of Japanese lady skaters have huge spring and fast rotation to their jumps, she was making comment on Fumie specifially at the time

Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    WEll COP does not award aesthetics. Tara mentioned that Mao's ankle is double jointed or something like that, so she completes all the rotation in the air, but because of her ankel, when she lands on ice someitmes it is short of rotation.
    Really? I didn't know that! Actually, I don't know what having double-jointed ankles would mean, but I guess you have more flexible ankles? In which case, maybe it's like a double-edged sword. Maybe you can get more spring if you have more flexible ankles, but... how would that affect one's landing? (I'm not being antagonistic. I'm just interested in knowing what having double-jointed ankles would mean to a skater.)

Custom Title
    Im not sure if anyone saw this, but this is her SOI performance...I cant believe she went for the 3A with spotlights! that was VERY gutsy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lovz6KkfKP8&translated=1

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10