Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Rachael Flatt's admission decisions

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701

    Rachael Flatt's admission decisions

    "RachaelFlatt: so the final tally is...... stanford, UCLA, DU, yale, dartmouth, johns hopkins, and princeton!!!!! wow im so excited!!"

    WOW!!!! Once upon a time, I got into a few of the 7 listed. I feel like Rachael Flatt minus the downgraded flip.

    In order of preference,
    1. Stanford
    2. Yale
    3. Princeton
    4. UCLA
    5. Big Green
    6. JHU
    7. DU

    I would be over the moon if Rachael decided to go to Stanford.
    And no love from Harvard? Really?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    413
    I think she was undermarked at Olys and unenthusiastic at worlds. Her future is in science and I don't think we'll see much of her as the judges have their eyes on so many others. She won't need luck, she has it all. Bye bye Rachel. I loved your skates! Thanx!

  3. #3
    Blue-footed Booby aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    "RachaelFlatt: so the final tally is...... stanford, UCLA, DU, yale, dartmouth, johns hopkins, and princeton!!!!! wow im so excited!!"

    WOW!!!! Once upon a time, I got into a few of the 7 listed. I feel like Rachael Flatt minus the downgraded flip.

    In order of preference,
    1. Stanford
    2. Yale
    3. Princeton
    4. UCLA
    5. Big Green
    6. JHU
    7. DU

    I would be over the moon if Rachael decided to go to Stanford.
    And no love from Harvard? Really?
    Your preference or hers?

    Congrats, Rachael. (:

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Rachael is so smart, and hardworking! I don't like her as a skater, but I do very, very much admire her as a person. I think she's about done in figure skating. She'll shine in another prestigious field. What does she plan to study?

  5. #5
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,747
    Wow, I wish I was Rachael Flatt so people talked about my college choices on the 'net.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    My preference. I don't know what Rachael Flatt likes, unfortunately.
    If you can do a triple flip triple toe and get into an Ivy Plus school, I'll be talking about your college choices, too.

  7. #7
    The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    594
    Good for her! No matter what she decides, she can't go wrong! Is DU Dartmouth or Duke?

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    DU = Denver U.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Did she make a decision yet? May 1 is only a couple weeks away!

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    251
    A poster on one of the SOI threads I read, said that Rachael told her at the meet and greet she had narrowed her choices to Princeton and Stanford.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,449
    Good going, Rachael! In my family, the pursuit of learning is just about sacred. So when I see what Rachael has accomplished by getting into such a wide array of excellent colleges, I'm thrilled. Whether she decides to skate on or not, she has a sparkling future. As one of you said, I'm not overly fond of her skating, but I admire her tremendously as a person. I hope she's aware of the many skating fans who wish her well.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    413
    why is it people can't appreciate her skating>she's very good. Many experts said she deserved 5th not 7th at the olympics...she did not under rotate those jumps acc to many but alas they feel she'as a blip and will be gone to the Ivy league a la Sarah Hughes. I feel she is not getting her due. Certainly not in Vancouver. Americans should be angry for her!
    2 great skates Rachel. Good Luck!

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    why is it people can't appreciate her skating>she's very good. Many experts said she deserved 5th not 7th at the olympics...she did not under rotate those jumps acc to many but alas they feel she'as a blip and will be gone to the Ivy league a la Sarah Hughes. I feel she is not getting her due. Certainly not in Vancouver. Americans should be angry for her!
    2 great skates Rachel. Good Luck!
    I don't think anyone would deny she's very good - you don't get to the Olympics if you're NOT very good, I think it's just more that some still find her skating a little boring. At the Olympics I thought her downgrades were unfair but I still would have had Miki ahead of her and maybe Laura too, although certainly not by such a big margin.

  14. #14
    Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    511
    I like her as a skater and I like her as a person. For sheer creative silliness, I sent her a t-shirt that had an anagram of her name on it (A Lethal Craft), and received a thank-you letter from her. Sweet, cute, talented and smart.

  15. #15
    Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On the shores of the Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    I like her as a skater and I like her as a person. For sheer creative silliness, I sent her a t-shirt that had an anagram of her name on it (A Lethal Craft), and received a thank-you letter from her. Sweet, cute, talented and smart.
    That 's really sweet. Good anagram, too! No wonder she appreciated it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •