Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rachael Flatt's admission decisions

Custom Title
    It'll be interesting to see whether concentrating fully on skating gives Rachael any kind of boost in style and finesse. I hope it does; I'd love to see her get an international medal after her hard work and consistency. She's not a skater who gives me gooseflesh, the way Mao or YuNa do, but something rebellious in me wants her to succeed brilliantly, largely because she isn't glamorous or willowy as we expect our skaters to be. Skating needs the glory of variety!

As for her academic career, I have the feeling that even if she stretches it out, she'll still follow it to its fullest potential. One of skating's most intelligent and motivated students, Paul Wylie, took about a generation (exaggerating a bit here) to complete his undergraduate studies and then take a graduate degree, both at Harvard. And then there's Michelle, who finished her B.A. at 28 or so and still managed to muster up the energy and commitment for grad school.

Custom Title
    She is one Fabulous girl! She is very petite and georgeous in her prom gown. Don't have a link but there's a thread on FSU with Fab Fotos!. What a great ladies Champ we have in Flatt. IMO she is vastly underrated by many folks. She, Mirai and Wagner have oodles of talent. I love our gals.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    She is one Fabulous girl! She is very petite and georgeous in her prom gown. Don't have a link but there's a thread on FSU with Fab Fotos!. What a great ladies Champ we have in Flatt. IMO she is vastly underrated by many folks. She, Mirai and Wagner have oodles of talent. I love our gals.
    Try this link: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3601346_n.jpg
    Last edited by John King; 05-02-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    Thank you, John. What a lovely picture! She looks very elegant. I always love the fact that she excelled in both skating and education.
    That is not really easy to do!! I hope she will have a great up coming year.

Custom Title
    What a lovely photo. She always reminds me of Jayne Torvill, and it's especially obvious in this picture.

I agree with Prokofiev: I admire the fact that Rachael excels both in skating and in education. The more of that kind of skater we have, the happier I am.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What a lovely photo. She always reminds me of Jayne Torvill, and it's especially obvious in this picture.

I agree with Prokofiev: I admire the fact that Rachael excels both in skating and in education. The more of that kind of skater we have, the happier I am.
    Me, too!!

Whoa!

Down With It
    Either the photographer kneeled down or she's wearing really high heels (she looks "tall" in the pic)

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Very classy looking young lady. She looks great and I hope she had a great time at prom!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3