New Soft Drink Flavour...ew... | Golden Skate

New Soft Drink Flavour...ew...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This sounds awful:

Ew! New Soft Drink Is Flavored Like...

...turkey and gravy. This is not for the faint of stomach. This is for those adventurous souls who think nothing of eating and drinking...well, anything. For these people we have the latest and greatest in soft drink selections: Soda flavored to taste like turkey and gravy.

The company that decided this is exactly what we need to quench our thirst is Jones Soda, based in Seattle, Washington. (No word on what they were drinking when they came up with this idea.) But, hey, here's some great news: The turkey and gravy soda is sugar-free and calorie-free! And it can be served hot or cold! Hot soda. Now there's a taste treat.

The soda is being test-marketed in just two states: Washington and Michigan. Which leads us to ask this pressing question: What is it about the residents of Washington and Michigan that makes Jones Soda think they want to drink their turkey instead of carve it?

I will stick with Coke thank you very much!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Ewwww! And its coming to Michigan?! Remind me to not visit up there anytime soon, LOL ;)

guinevere

Final Flight
OMG that is so disgusting. I live in Seattle, and I see Jones soda everywhere (never paid it much attention tho), but I haven't seen or heard anything about this. I'm going to have to check the soda aisle in the QFC next time I'm there to see if they really have it!

guinevere

pairsfan

On the Ice
They tested this at the end of the news tonight. No one seemed to like it (big surprise). I believe it hits the shelves tomorrow. The flavor is completely artificial.

If this doesn't sell, the food bank that I work at will be flooded with it. Joy! I'll report back with everyone's comments.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hi Pairsfan,

YUCK< YUCK< YUCK! And I DON'T mean that as a laugh! Why should poor people get stuck with that crap??? Is it part of their punishment for being poor? Let the nuts who came up with this turkey (pun intended) get stuck with disposing of it!

pairsfan

On the Ice
People donate bulging cans, things that are 10 years past the expiration date, half-eaten food, those things go in the garbage. This drink will be given out, except for the bottles with 2 sips missing. Anyone who gets it can return or toss it. You never know, someone may like it.

skatingfantasy

Rinkside
That IS disgusting. Reminds me of that gum in the movie willy wonka and the chocolate factory that tasted like beef?turkey? and blueberry pie

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'll pass..........I have trouble "eating" turkey and gravy.......I'm a Diet Pepsi fan myself..............:) 42

heyang

Record Breaker
Heard that this flavor was getting major profit on Ebay.

I just saw Jones' soda at one of the area Barnes & Nobles at $2/bottle.