Thread: Murakami vs Nagasu

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Murakami vs Nagasu

Who do you think will have a better career? Mirai seems to be a better skater, but Kanako is younger and has room for improvement.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    This is probably the American in me talking, but I would say Nagasu. She's got a world-class coach that could take her up, up, and away if she sticks with him and has improved dramatically within the past year. I really like Murakami, she has great presentation skills and is so adorable, but the technique she uses to jump (especially on her toe jumps) is awfully scary.

Definately Mirai. But as volk said, Kanako is still very young and has plenty of time to improve! Kanako is my favourite junior skater, so I want her to do well in the future!

Custom Title
    Without doubt, Mirai. She's got fewer technical issues than Kanako (Kanako flutzes amongst other things - though Mirai does get an ! on that jump sometimes too) and has more mature presentation I feel. Still, it could be a red hot rivalry in the years to come!

I love both of these skaters. I suspect they will both have very good careers.

Mirai seems to be on the right path and although Kanako is younger I hope she will continue to improve and overcome any technical problems.

For me they both have special performance qualities that makes me love their skating and always wish the best for both of them.

Custom Title
    Nagasu, though Kanako is adorable. Mirai got a SP score of 65+ at Junior Worlds at the age of 14 and Kanako is 15 and didn't break 60 internationally this whole season (I think). Kanako is a very nice skater but her technique is more problematic than Mirai's and her spins, flexibility, and interpretation aren't quite as good as Mirai's. Both girls have great speed though, and Kanako does not seem to let being in 1st after the SP get to her like we've seen it get to Mirai. For 15, she is also very consistent. I'm curious to see how Kanako fairs on the SGP in the coming season, it will tell us more about how the judges view her skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrymeyunakim View Post
    Without doubt, Mirai. She's got fewer technical issues than Kanako (Kanako flutzes amongst other things - though Mirai does get an ! on that jump sometimes too) and has more mature presentation I feel. Still, it could be a red hot rivalry in the years to come!

But who is a better competitor? Mental toughness will be a factor in the future of both of their careers.

Technically Mirai. Some of Kanako's jumps need some work. But Mirai is always prone to UR, which can affect scores worse than Kanako's issues on paper. Kanako's Flutz is bigger than Mirai's but it is not that Mirai does not have it, either, and the mule kick does not affect scores much. In terms of charisma, Kanako's may be greater than Mirai's, even though both have a great deal of it.