Thread: Virtue Moir a kiss creates waves

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Virtue Moir a kiss creates waves

For all the wonderers about their true relationship, an article about Virtue and Moir:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1514572/

Haha, they know they like-like each other. Stop fighting the inevitable.

Custom Title
    Maybe they want to cool it for a while because they've stayed together for so long? But I would love to see this fairy tale ending! They are so perfect for each other!

Tripping on the Podium
    I wonder what Jessica Dube, Moir's REAL girlfriend thinks of this "V/M belong together!" stuff?

I know it's just good fun from the media, but if it's taken any further from the fans, I would find it somewhat irritating.

It's acting. Figure skaters are great actors. Except for the ones that actually tried the transition to Hollywood, lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    I wonder what Jessica Dube, Moir's REAL girlfriend thinks of this "V/M belong together!" stuff?

I know it's just good fun from the media, but if it's taken any further from the fans, I would find it somewhat irritating.

It's acting. Figure skaters are great actors. Except for the ones that actually tried the transition to Hollywood, lol.
    I do not really understand how Scott can date Jessica when they are far apart and spend most of their time with someone else for that matter. It might last or not. And if it lasts, Jessica has to come to terms that Tessa was part of Scott's life most of their lives and in one way or another they will be connected in the future, as probabably they will skate for many years from now on. When you date Scott, you sort of date Tessa as well. It is a "package deal"

Custom Title
    Pairs and Dance couples have a very unique and unusual relationship. There are many aspects of a partnership that are similar to couples that date or a marriage but for the vast majority of skaters it is a working relationship and while they are often required to show emotions on the ice that to an outsider appear to be actual romance it is very much an act.

While an on ice partnership can sometimes lead to an off-ice relationship more often that not this doesn't happen. As a matter of fact many coaches actively discourage off-ice relationships between partners and sometime skaters at their rinks in general. An off-ice relationship that goes south can create a huge amount of drama at the rink that distracts from training not just for the couple involved but the entire training group.

There are some on ice partnerships that have shown huge amounts of romantic emotion without there ever having been on off-ice relationship. Martini and Underhill and Bourne and Kraatz come to mind.