Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Virtue Moir a kiss creates waves

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I think that Tessa and Scott would be a good couple, but I thought Scott had a girlfriend........

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    I think that Tessa and Scott would be a good couple, but I thought Scott had a girlfriend........

Yeah, he does. But who knows what will happen in the future? Tessa and Scott do seem a lot closer this season than ever before.

Having said that - mixing dating with a skating partnership can be a recipe for trouble. I hope they'll continue skating for many years (and from some recent articles it sounds like they want that too) so maybe it's better if they keep their relationship the way it is.

I think there have been more unsuccesful dating relationships between ice partners than successful.

Wortzel/Steuer - bad breakup, but managed to keep it together on ice to win World's.
    Brasseur/Eisler - tried dating, but decided it was better to not
    Bechke/Petrov - married then divorced.
    Usova/Zhulin

Successful -
    Gordeeva/Grinkov
    Meno/Sands - although technically they married after their competitive years were over.
    Punsalon/Swallow

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I think there have been more unsuccesful dating relationships between ice partners than successful.

Wortzel/Steuer - bad breakup, but managed to keep it together on ice to win World's.
    Brasseur/Eisler - tried dating, but decided it was better to not
    Bechke/Petrov - married then divorced.
    Usova/Zhulin

Successful -
    Gordeeva/Grinkov
    Meno/Sands - although technically they married after their competitive years were over.
    Punsalon/Swallow
    That's a pretty small sample. The Protopopovs have been happily married for decades since their pairs' skating career. Albena Denkova has famously stood by Maxim Staviskiy through his post-career troubles; I think we'd have to call that a successful relationship. Shen and Zhao have seemed pretty happy together.

I think that the problem with beginning a dating relationship with your skating partner is not that it is less likely to succeed than relationships with off-ice acquaintances, it is that continuing the skating career together must be exceptionally uncomfortable if the relationship doesn't work out, and it is not so easy to resume your career at a World Championship level with a new partner.

Trouble, schmouble.....
    Haven't you people seen Tessa?

Perhaps I am a BIG minority here - but as a straight guy who likes skating - and has seen Tessa skate, and smile, and .......

What guy wouldn't want to kiss her

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Trouble, schmouble.....
    Haven't you people seen Tessa?

Perhaps I am a BIG minority here - but as a straight guy who likes skating - and has seen Tessa skate, and smile, and .......

What guy wouldn't want to kiss her
    , janetfan!! Good for you!

But if life were that simple, Ben would be dating Tanith by now, and Charlie would be dating Meryl, etc. They are all beautiful girls!

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by callalily View Post
    , janetfan!! Good for you!

But if life were that simple, Ben would be dating Tanith by now, and Charlie would be dating Meryl, etc. They are all beautiful girls!
    So true! I always liked Tanith and Evan, though. I was sorry to see them break up and hope one day they'll be back together

I think Tessa is much prettier than Jessica Dube, so I wouldn't be surprised if she and Scott amount to something. He is one of the better looking male ice dancers.

Jessica Dube is cute, but Tessa Virtue is divine! I have a little girl-crush on Tessa.

They call each other best friends, right? And they have been best friends for years. They are still young. One day they will wake up and realize that their best friend is someone they would never want to live without. One can dream.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    So true! I always liked Tanith and Evan, though. I was sorry to see them break up and hope one day they'll be back together

I think Tessa is much prettier than Jessica Dube, so I wouldn't be surprised if she and Scott amount to something. He is one of the better looking male ice dancers.
    oh c'mon this is not nice about Jessica. She is a beautiful girl.

Here's a very recent interview (03/27/10) with Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison. It says in the caption she skates with Bryce Davison but her heart now beats for Scott Moir, and also that they have been extremely discreet about their relationship in public.
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions...03271430_2.asx

Well, I don't think she would go on record admitting it if the relationship isn't on fairly firm footing. Lucky girl.

But is it me, or does Bryce look a bit sad? Also they are interviewed separately, and Bryce sits on a bench by himself next to a glaringly vacant space... For sure they don't have as good a connection as Scott & Tessa do.
    Last edited by feraina; 04-10-2010 at 12:19 AM.

I find Jessica very very pretty. The shape of her face is similar to Sasha's and both have big eyes. Both are pretty girls, but I find Jessica more gentle, sweet looking.
    I admire her for her strength for coming back to the ice after the accident. They seem to have had another accident lately. Pairs and ice dancing, these sports can be pretty dangerous. If I were them, I would get scared.

What do you mean? What new accident??

Back in the beginning of this past season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Here's a very recent interview (03/27/10) with Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison. It says in the caption she skates with Bryce Davison but her heart now beats for Scott Moir, and also that they have been extremely discreet about their relationship in public.
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions...03271430_2.asx

Well, I don't think she would go on record admitting it if the relationship isn't on fairly firm footing. Lucky girl.

But is it me, or does Bryce look a bit sad? Also they are interviewed separately, and Bryce sits on a bench by himself next to a glaringly vacant space... For sure they don't have as good a connection as Scott & Tessa do.
    Could someone translate this interwie on english, please?

Custom Title
    It is definitely NOT a good idea for a pair or dance team to have a romantic relationship. When the romance goes sour, too often the partnership does as well. Look at Dube/Davison. They were once "a couple", but then Jessica started dating Bryce's then-best-friend Scott Moir behind Bryce's back. When Bryce found out, he was devastated, having lost his girlfriend and his best friend in one fell swoop. Yes, he and Jessica remained a skating team, but what was once a World medal-winning team has deteriorated over the past two years. Dube/Davison don't seem to have the same connection to one another that they had back in 2008; they are no longer skating "as one". On performance ice, Bryce looks grim and Jessica looks bored, and that seems to be the case whether they are skating to "Requiem for a Dream" or "The Way We Were".

It is my understanding that not only is Scott Moir involved in a relationship with Jessica Dube, but that Tessa Virtue has had a longstanding relationship with Fedor Andreev. Andreev broke up with Tanith Belbin to pursue a relationship with Tessa.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast