Virtue Moir a kiss creates waves | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Virtue Moir a kiss creates waves

callalily

On the Ice
Trouble, schmouble.....
Haven't you people seen Tessa? :think:

Perhaps I am a BIG minority here - but as a straight guy who likes skating - and has seen Tessa skate, and smile, and .......

What guy wouldn't want to kiss her :love: :laugh:

:laugh:, janetfan!! Good for you!

But if life were that simple, Ben would be dating Tanith by now, and Charlie would be dating Meryl, etc. They are all beautiful girls!

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
:laugh:, janetfan!! Good for you!

But if life were that simple, Ben would be dating Tanith by now, and Charlie would be dating Meryl, etc. They are all beautiful girls!

So true! I always liked Tanith and Evan, though. I was sorry to see them break up and hope one day they'll be back together :love:

I think Tessa is much prettier than Jessica Dube, so I wouldn't be surprised if she and Scott amount to something. He is one of the better looking male ice dancers.

feraina

Record Breaker
Jessica Dube is cute, but Tessa Virtue is divine! I have a little girl-crush on Tessa. :love:

They call each other best friends, right? And they have been best friends for years. They are still young. One day they will wake up and realize that their best friend is someone they would never want to live without. One can dream. ;)

aurora100

Final Flight
So true! I always liked Tanith and Evan, though. I was sorry to see them break up and hope one day they'll be back together :love:

I think Tessa is much prettier than Jessica Dube, so I wouldn't be surprised if she and Scott amount to something. He is one of the better looking male ice dancers.

oh c'mon this is not nice about Jessica. She is a beautiful girl.

feraina

Record Breaker
Here's a very recent interview (03/27/10) with Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison. It says in the caption she skates with Bryce Davison but her heart now beats for Scott Moir, and also that they have been extremely discreet about their relationship in public.
http://www.radio-canada.ca/emission...et/2010/CBFT/TellementSport201003271430_2.asx

Well, I don't think she would go on record admitting it if the relationship isn't on fairly firm footing. Lucky girl. :)

But is it me, or does Bryce look a bit sad? Also they are interviewed separately, and Bryce sits on a bench by himself next to a glaringly vacant space... For sure they don't have as good a connection as Scott & Tessa do.

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I find Jessica very very pretty. The shape of her face is similar to Sasha's and both have big eyes. Both are pretty girls, but I find Jessica more gentle, sweet looking.
I admire her for her strength for coming back to the ice after the accident. They seem to have had another accident lately. Pairs and ice dancing, these sports can be pretty dangerous. If I were them, I would get scared.

npa

Match Penalty
Here's a very recent interview (03/27/10) with Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison. It says in the caption she skates with Bryce Davison but her heart now beats for Scott Moir, and also that they have been extremely discreet about their relationship in public.
http://www.radio-canada.ca/emission...et/2010/CBFT/TellementSport201003271430_2.asx

Well, I don't think she would go on record admitting it if the relationship isn't on fairly firm footing. Lucky girl. :)

But is it me, or does Bryce look a bit sad? Also they are interviewed separately, and Bryce sits on a bench by himself next to a glaringly vacant space... For sure they don't have as good a connection as Scott & Tessa do.

Could someone translate this interwie on english, please?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is definitely NOT a good idea for a pair or dance team to have a romantic relationship. When the romance goes sour, too often the partnership does as well. Look at Dube/Davison. They were once "a couple", but then Jessica started dating Bryce's then-best-friend Scott Moir behind Bryce's back. When Bryce found out, he was devastated, having lost his girlfriend and his best friend in one fell swoop. Yes, he and Jessica remained a skating team, but what was once a World medal-winning team has deteriorated over the past two years. Dube/Davison don't seem to have the same connection to one another that they had back in 2008; they are no longer skating "as one". On performance ice, Bryce looks grim and Jessica looks bored, and that seems to be the case whether they are skating to "Requiem for a Dream" or "The Way We Were".

It is my understanding that not only is Scott Moir involved in a relationship with Jessica Dube, but that Tessa Virtue has had a longstanding relationship with Fedor Andreev. Andreev broke up with Tanith Belbin to pursue a relationship with Tessa.

wallylutz

Medalist
Could someone translate this interwie on english, please?

Here is my translation:

Jessica said that she has been dating Scott Moir for 2 years. When she is seen with Bryce, people always asked if they are a couple and both would say no without hesitation. She was unclear as to how people react when they see her and Scott Moir together, I think she is a little shy on this topic. And when she was asked why she didn't display greater affection for Scott when he won OGM in Vancouver like some other pairings would, she said, they are each very happy about focusing on their own career for her, it's pair skating with Bryce and for him, it's Ice Dance with Tessa. Bryce on his part expressed some, uh...difficult to translate, misgivings re: Jessica and Scott's relationship. He said that they have known each other since they were about 7 or 8 years old but after Jessica started to date Scott, he felt his relationship with Jessica has grown a little distant even though they have always been best of the friends with each other. Neither of them said they dated each other and seemed to emphasize they have always been close friends. They definitely want to keep skating, hopefully to Sochi. She also hopes to keep improving and see where the chip will fall.

wallylutz

Medalist
Here is my translation:

Jessica said that she has been dating Scott Moir for 2 years. When she is seen with Bryce, people always asked if they are a couple and both would say no without hesitation. She was unclear as to how people react when they see her and Scott Moir together, I think she is a little shy on this topic. And when she was asked why she didn't display greater affection for Scott when he won OGM in Vancouver like some other pairings would, she said, they are each very happy about focusing on their own career for her, it's pair skating with Bryce and for him, it's Ice Dance with Tessa. Bryce on his part expressed some, uh...difficult to translate, misgivings re: Jessica and Scott's relationship. He said that they have known each other since they were about 7 or 8 years old but after Jessica started to date Scott, he felt his relationship with Jessica has grown a little distant even though they have always been best of the friends with each other. Neither of them said they dated each other and seemed to emphasize they have always been close friends. They definitely want to keep skating, hopefully to Sochi. She also hopes to keep improving and see where the chip will fall.

In addition, Jessica said she never tried to hide her relationship with Scott Moir either. Then both were asked whether not dating each other hurt them in the eyes of the judges for their career as pair skaters. Bryce said he doesn't know because he isn't a judge. Jessica doesn't think so and said it's more about how you skate on ice.

npa

Match Penalty
O, are you Bryce Davison? You know there relationship so well, chuckm
What about Charlie and Tanith? I thought, that Fedor after Tanith left him, goout from USA and wasnt in yjis country during several years

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
O, are you Bryce Davison? You know there relationship so well, chuckm
What about Charlie and Tanith? I thought, that Fedor after Tanith left him, goout from USA and wasnt in yjis country during several years

chuckm didn't say anything that Davison himself hasn't, fwiw (with regards to the personal relationship). I'll find the link.

npa

Match Penalty
chuckm didn't say anything that Davison himself hasn't, fwiw (with regards to the personal relationship). I'll find the link.

I thought he said, that Jessica started dating with his best friend and i cant remember something about "start behind Bryce's back". But i really cant understand Bryce - he is young men, very attractive. Why he coundt find some good girl and stop talking all time about Jess-Scott situation? Common, guy - you must have happy life!

And if D-D will skate untill Sochi and V-M will retierd. i cant see Scott-Jessica distance realtionship will be live during next 4 years. Maybe he want to retiered to go to live in Montreal?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I very much doubt that either D/D or V/M will be around for Sochi.

Bryce's problem is that he seems to be still hung up on Jessica, and the continuation of their partnership keeps him from moving on emotionally.

npa

Match Penalty
But he need to do this, if he want skate in next Olympic cicle or change patner. He always look unhappy. But he musr remember how many accidents Jessica had with him and still skating.
As for V-M - i think it will be greate present for all FS fans if they will continie. Without them ice dance lost something. I know, there are a lot off other young, very good teams, but they have something special and could show something new in ice dance. I know, a lot off people wish they stop skating and D-W will be a new leader, but we will have only one team next season - D-W and who could compete with them? It will be boring competition

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The young Russian team ILYINIKH / KATSALAPOV, 16 and 18, will likely skate in the GP and at Worlds next season. IMO, they will quickly become Russia #1, and by 2011-2012, they will be vying for a World medal, and by 2012-2013, the World Championship. As the 2014 Olympics will be in Sochi, Russia, guess who will be favored to win? So even if V/M decide to retire, D/W will have all the competition they can handle in the next quadrennial.

As for Dube/Davison, who knows if their partnership will last for four more years. I'd be surprised if they continued for more than one more season. Although Bryce claims all is fine between them, his words don't seem to match his face and body language when they skate together. IMO, it can't be good personally for him to continue.

mishieru07

On the Ice
The young Russian team ILYINIKH / KATSALAPOV, 16 and 18, will likely skate in the GP and at Worlds next season. IMO, they will quickly become Russia #1, and by 2011-2012, they will be vying for a World medal, and by 2012-2013, the World Championship. As the 2014 Olympics will be in Sochi, Russia, guess who will be favored to win? So even if V/M decide to retire, D/W will have all the competition they can handle in the next quadrennial.

As for Dube/Davison, who knows if their partnership will last for four more years. I'd be surprised if they continued for more than one more season. Although Bryce claims all is fine between them, his words don't seem to match his face and body language when they skate together. IMO, it can't be good personally for him to continue.

I think you're right on both counts. I get the impression that Bryce never truly moved on as well. Regardless, if they don't up the ante technically and become more consistent, it'll be difficult to medal at Worlds again, short of it being a total splatfest. They have said that they're staying for one more season, and keeping their FS though.

Much as I like I/K and think they'll be a force to be reckoned with come Sochi, we've really only seen them for one season! FS is wildly unpredictable and there's no telling about their growth; how many of our 2010 Olympic predictions in 2006 came true? V/M and D/W both improved tremendously in 4 years but some teams never quite reach their full potential, look at DomShabs. I think the 10/11 season will be more telling, when we find out how they're received on the senior scene and how they stack up against the others. I wonder which GP events they'll be assigned to! (Will Russia pick them or B/S for CoR?)

V/M vs I/K vs D/W will be very interesting though, if they all go to Sochi.