Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Virtue Moir a kiss creates waves

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Could someone translate this interwie on english, please?
    Here is my translation:

Jessica said that she has been dating Scott Moir for 2 years. When she is seen with Bryce, people always asked if they are a couple and both would say no without hesitation. She was unclear as to how people react when they see her and Scott Moir together, I think she is a little shy on this topic. And when she was asked why she didn't display greater affection for Scott when he won OGM in Vancouver like some other pairings would, she said, they are each very happy about focusing on their own career for her, it's pair skating with Bryce and for him, it's Ice Dance with Tessa. Bryce on his part expressed some, uh...difficult to translate, misgivings re: Jessica and Scott's relationship. He said that they have known each other since they were about 7 or 8 years old but after Jessica started to date Scott, he felt his relationship with Jessica has grown a little distant even though they have always been best of the friends with each other. Neither of them said they dated each other and seemed to emphasize they have always been close friends. They definitely want to keep skating, hopefully to Sochi. She also hopes to keep improving and see where the chip will fall.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Here is my translation:

Jessica said that she has been dating Scott Moir for 2 years. When she is seen with Bryce, people always asked if they are a couple and both would say no without hesitation. She was unclear as to how people react when they see her and Scott Moir together, I think she is a little shy on this topic. And when she was asked why she didn't display greater affection for Scott when he won OGM in Vancouver like some other pairings would, she said, they are each very happy about focusing on their own career for her, it's pair skating with Bryce and for him, it's Ice Dance with Tessa. Bryce on his part expressed some, uh...difficult to translate, misgivings re: Jessica and Scott's relationship. He said that they have known each other since they were about 7 or 8 years old but after Jessica started to date Scott, he felt his relationship with Jessica has grown a little distant even though they have always been best of the friends with each other. Neither of them said they dated each other and seemed to emphasize they have always been close friends. They definitely want to keep skating, hopefully to Sochi. She also hopes to keep improving and see where the chip will fall.
    In addition, Jessica said she never tried to hide her relationship with Scott Moir either. Then both were asked whether not dating each other hurt them in the eyes of the judges for their career as pair skaters. Bryce said he doesn't know because he isn't a judge. Jessica doesn't think so and said it's more about how you skate on ice.

Banned
    O, are you Bryce Davison? You know there relationship so well, chuckm
    What about Charlie and Tanith? I thought, that Fedor after Tanith left him, goout from USA and wasnt in yjis country during several years
    Last edited by npa; 04-10-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Banned
    Thank you for translation wallylutz !

Custom Title
    O, are you Bryce Davison? You know there relationship so well, chuckm
    What about Charlie and Tanith? I thought, that Fedor after Tanith left him, goout from USA and wasnt in yjis country during several years
    chuckm didn't say anything that Davison himself hasn't, fwiw (with regards to the personal relationship). I'll find the link.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    chuckm didn't say anything that Davison himself hasn't, fwiw (with regards to the personal relationship). I'll find the link.
    I thought he said, that Jessica started dating with his best friend and i cant remember something about "start behind Bryce's back". But i really cant understand Bryce - he is young men, very attractive. Why he coundt find some good girl and stop talking all time about Jess-Scott situation? Common, guy - you must have happy life!

And if D-D will skate untill Sochi and V-M will retierd. i cant see Scott-Jessica distance realtionship will be live during next 4 years. Maybe he want to retiered to go to live in Montreal?

Custom Title
    I very much doubt that either D/D or V/M will be around for Sochi.

Bryce's problem is that he seems to be still hung up on Jessica, and the continuation of their partnership keeps him from moving on emotionally.

Banned
    But he need to do this, if he want skate in next Olympic cicle or change patner. He always look unhappy. But he musr remember how many accidents Jessica had with him and still skating.
    As for V-M - i think it will be greate present for all FS fans if they will continie. Without them ice dance lost something. I know, there are a lot off other young, very good teams, but they have something special and could show something new in ice dance. I know, a lot off people wish they stop skating and D-W will be a new leader, but we will have only one team next season - D-W and who could compete with them? It will be boring competition

Custom Title
    The young Russian team ILYINIKH / KATSALAPOV, 16 and 18, will likely skate in the GP and at Worlds next season. IMO, they will quickly become Russia #1, and by 2011-2012, they will be vying for a World medal, and by 2012-2013, the World Championship. As the 2014 Olympics will be in Sochi, Russia, guess who will be favored to win? So even if V/M decide to retire, D/W will have all the competition they can handle in the next quadrennial.

As for Dube/Davison, who knows if their partnership will last for four more years. I'd be surprised if they continued for more than one more season. Although Bryce claims all is fine between them, his words don't seem to match his face and body language when they skate together. IMO, it can't be good personally for him to continue.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The young Russian team ILYINIKH / KATSALAPOV, 16 and 18, will likely skate in the GP and at Worlds next season. IMO, they will quickly become Russia #1, and by 2011-2012, they will be vying for a World medal, and by 2012-2013, the World Championship. As the 2014 Olympics will be in Sochi, Russia, guess who will be favored to win? So even if V/M decide to retire, D/W will have all the competition they can handle in the next quadrennial.

As for Dube/Davison, who knows if their partnership will last for four more years. I'd be surprised if they continued for more than one more season. Although Bryce claims all is fine between them, his words don't seem to match his face and body language when they skate together. IMO, it can't be good personally for him to continue.
    I think you're right on both counts. I get the impression that Bryce never truly moved on as well. Regardless, if they don't up the ante technically and become more consistent, it'll be difficult to medal at Worlds again, short of it being a total splatfest. They have said that they're staying for one more season, and keeping their FS though.

Much as I like I/K and think they'll be a force to be reckoned with come Sochi, we've really only seen them for one season! FS is wildly unpredictable and there's no telling about their growth; how many of our 2010 Olympic predictions in 2006 came true? V/M and D/W both improved tremendously in 4 years but some teams never quite reach their full potential, look at DomShabs. I think the 10/11 season will be more telling, when we find out how they're received on the senior scene and how they stack up against the others. I wonder which GP events they'll be assigned to! (Will Russia pick them or B/S for CoR?)

V/M vs I/K vs D/W will be very interesting though, if they all go to Sochi.

Custom Title
    One of my first posts here was a comment on another poster's top ten predictions for the Vancouver Olympics right after the Turin games. Twas interesting. Some were on (Russia's decline, V/M winning gold). Some were not (Pang/Tong retiring).

As for career path predictions... heh. As mishieru says, figure skating is unpredictable. Who knows how quickly I/K will progress? Will they stay injury free? How will the politicking work? Are V/M and D/W actually at their peak? Predictions and counterfactuals are fun, though.

I think that Virtue and Moir look so good together, I thought they were perfect each other but then I watched an interview with both and I learned that they were skating since kids then no, is impossible for someone grow up next to other person and to have a romantic relationship. I have friends I know since 10 years ago and for me is impossible think in something romantic, they are like brothers.

Banned
    Guys, you talk about Sochi and i talk about next season. I cant belive, that I-K will fight for the podium at WCh 2011. Who will be? Only D-W and this is look boring for me. Yes, we will have P-B, F-S in next season - but they couldnt be close to D-W.
    C-P, S-B? Maybe near to Sochi, but i dont belive they could fight for gold in next season.
    And you know, i dont think, that we will have young champions from 2010 OG every OG.
    In Russia now Boborova-Soloviev are new favorites, but i dont think if Russia choose them, they will be such a clear Olympic champions, like V-M. And thats why i have question - will they give chance to I-K or will work only on B-S?
    In Sochi yes, we could have greate teams. D-W will be old.
    But i think, V-M have a lot off potential, wich they could show to us if they will skate some more years. Scott is genius and his musicality qaulity, his skating skills - nobody have this today. I really dont know, why they need to retied? Yes, they could lose to D-W at next season, but they could show something new in ice dance, and D-W couldnt

Custom Title
    I really dont know, why they need to retied? Yes, they could lose to D-W at next season, but they could show something new in ice dance, and D-W couldnt
    People, V/M have not retired yet. Please don't retire a team for them before they make a decision themselves. If Skate Canada CEO is to believed, which I think he is, he even told people not to pay attention to V/M waffling right now. Read his lips, they will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    I think that Virtue and Moir look so good together, I thought they were perfect each other but then I watched an interview with both and I learned that they were skating since kids then no, is impossible for someone grow up next to other person and to have a romantic relationship. I have friends I know since 10 years ago and for me is impossible think in something romantic, they are like brothers.
    Don't give up hope yet. Pang/Tong have been skating since little kids, and it took them until their 30's to figure out that they are really meant for each other. So V/M still have time yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast