China's future in pair skating | Golden Skate

China's future in pair skating

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the past decade, China has become a pair skating powerhouse with the likes of Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, Qing Pang and Jian Tong, and Dan Zhang and Hao Zhang.

More

silverlake22

Record Breaker
They are soo good, that throw quad is awesome :love:! But, has Wenjing gone through puberty yet? She is super tiny and once she grows all those throws and lifts might become harder.

oleada

Record Breaker
I hope she can get some basic stroking classes. They are very subpar. Otherwise, they are quite promising.

feraina

Record Breaker
I don't think her skating skills are especially bad. They get pretty high PCS compared to the other junior teams. And for a very little thing, she skates with a lot of speed and power. She could work on her extensions though, and they can work together on their synchrony. But after they've only been skating together for three years, and pairs altogether for that long, so they definitely have a lot of potential for improvement! :love:

yqs100

On the Ice
This pair is so adorable, they have the vitality that other junior chinese pairs dont have

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I think China will continue dominating in Pairs. I'd like to see a rivalry between Wenjing & Cong and Narumi & Mervin, though!

:love:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I just hope that this pair continues to do well when Wenjing grows, I don't think you can expect her to stay 4'7" and 70 pounds forever.

koheikun90

On the Ice
It amazes me how tiny she is but how fearless she skates. She took a nasty fall during the GPF gala but still got up and finished the program. The quad throw is almost there and I'm glad they are at least putting it out there in competition. It takes a lot of composure. Also, of all the Chinese pair teams she has the most flexibility and have the best lifts, imo.

They have a lot of potential and at 15 and 17 years old, they know how to interpret music and show some signs of relating to one another. I worry though about her growing because he's only 5'7". Maybe, he's not done growing yet either. But then again, Shen and Zhao were only 7 inches apart.