Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Laura Lepisto - - - 2011 World Champion? Yes or.... No?

Custom Title

Laura Lepisto - - - 2011 World Champion? Yes or.... No?

Yes!!!! I think she is "the next one".....what do you think????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ypRt...eature=related

world bronze this year, world gold next year -- why not?

Meh, no. Not over Mao.

Unless Laura improves her jump content: I hope not..

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    Yes!!!! I think she is "the next one".....what do you think????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ypRt...eature=related

world bronze this year, world gold next year -- why not?
    Everything's possible, depending on what her competition does. Or does not.

Custom Title
    I hope Laura become a world champion. She's such a doll.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Unless Laura improves her jump content: I hope not..
    Although Laura´s Worlds freeskate was not very successful jumpwise, let´s remember that at the Olympics she was 4th in the freeskate. Besides, I have understood that Laura´s jump content includes all the other triple jumps except triple axel and triple flip. In the Olympic season she brought in a successful triple lutz, hopefully a successful triple flip will follow soon...

Laura is a wonderful skater, in my opinion. I just hope that her training will include complete freeskate run-throughs every day, to give her more confidence!!!
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-05-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Meh. With her series of doubled jumps, I hope not. If she could demonstrate that the Olympic LP was not a one time occurrence, then yeah! She has superior skating skills, presentation and posture than so many of the current top contenders. I would like to see her rewarded for that, but frankly I don't see her winning gold unless other skaters make huge mistakes (which I just wouldn't want).

From the technical standpoint, why is her technique prones to popping triples into doubles? Is that because she has so much speed?

Tripping on the Podium
    She has the chance. Look what happened to Yuna @ 2010 WC.

If she deserves it, then why not?

But I have my doubts.

Custom Title
    Never with 3 triple jumps (Toe-loop, loop, Salchow).... She can NOT do a Flip, only did Lutz once (not a nice one at the Olympics).
    Her choreography is for take the maximum advantage to get points, but with her jump-contents and ability, she reached her maximum yet.
    So, let's learn the other jumps what the other ladies can do. Than we can wait and see.

Custom Title
    I will have to say no. Lovely skater but she just doesn't have the content and she's also not very consistent. She certainly was misplaced at these worlds.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Never with 3 triple jumps (Toe-loop, loop, Salchow).... She can NOT do a Flip, only did Lutz once (not a nice one at the Olympics).
    Her choreography is for take the maximum advantage to get points, but with her jump-contents and ability, she reached her maximum yet.
    So, let's learn the other jumps what the other ladies can do. Than we can wait and see.
    I just wonder if you really follow her closely to talk about her because she has managed to land many triple lutzes at;

2008 NHK Trophy
    2009 World Champs
    2009 Japan Open
    2009 Skate Canada
    2010 Olympics
    2010 Worlds

Not "once" at all... She even said that it is a jump that works really well in practices.

Custom Title
    Why not. If she lands all her triples I think she could, even if that only means one lutz, two toes, two loops, and a sal. The judges clearly like her and her PCS are very comparable to Mao and Yuna. She got 127 for her FS in Vancouver with one doubled jump, so she could break 130 if she was clean. It's very possible but she isn't the most consistent.

Her world medal this year has made me very optimistic about Amanda Dobbs' future in skating. She actually reminds me a lot of Laura and Laura has shown that you don't need the most difficult jumps to do well, and Amanda has been getting quite good scores recently despite her easier jump content.

Custom Title
    I think I'd be... disappointed if she won. Yes, she has amazing carriage and posture, but technically? If somebody can win the WC w/doubles and just 3-4 triples... well, wouldn't that be a regression of sorts in FS technically? Lols, I'd much rather somebody like Mao or Yu-na to win, someone who has the artistry AND jumps

But if she really does skate the best, then may the best skater win.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast