Ina Bauer into a 2A | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ina Bauer into a 2A

gkelly

Record Breaker
Spirals and the Rules are well known. If the Rules would put Spirals in MIF where they belong, it would improve choreography.

That's now the case for the junior ladies' long program. What do you think of those?

That's now the case for the junior ladies' long program. What do you think of those?
Super! Now a choreographer can put a beautiful spiral in a program which bests fits the music and not worry about points. A beautiful spiral with good line is soooo much about ladies' figure skating and it enhances the program soooo much. Nothing wrong with the 'Open Fan' in another part of the program. The catch foot spiral, for me is just plain bleh, although it could be used for a character performance.

As it is now, those 3 displays of spirals stop the program cold.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Karen Magnussen of Canada - Olympic Silver Medalist and World Champion made this move very popular and in fact it was always a part of her programs as she was so good at it. Here is a video of her world championship program - 1973 - she elected to do a bauer into a flying sit spin in this program, but it is still fantastic. The footage is sort of grainy, but worth watching for the historic value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIH9SUftXSg

Karen Magnussen of Canada - Olympic Silver Medalist and World Champion made this move very popular and in fact it was always a part of her programs as she was so good at it. Here is a video of her world championship program - 1973 - she elected to do a bauer into a flying sit spin in this program, but it is still fantastic. The footage is sort of grainy, but worth watching for the historic value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIH9SUftXSg
Great video. She had it all - super technique - great line - superbflow, and non stop. Few skaters today can match that.

jjane45

On the Ice
I have made some progress on layback ina bauer lately but to recover from the layback and go immediately into the waltz jump (well, no axel in the near future lol) is really problematic. Any advices on transitioning from bauner into waltz? (balance / weight transfer ?) Thank you in advance!!

Last edited: