Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite and least favorite NBC/Universal Commentators this year

Rinkside
    Johnny, Tara, Peter and Paul rocked it, imo. Loved their commentary, insight and enthusiasm. Johnny, in particular, was intelligent, funny, honest and absolutely riveting. Would've loved to have hung out in the loft with some of this crew!

Custom Title
    Tom Hammonds (Least Favorite)
    - god awful accent
    - always trying to stir up controversies
    - captain obvious
    - cross sports references

Scott Hamilton- used to be really good, but seems to be getting outdated with the current crop of skaters and scoring system. Tends to defer everything to the judges nowadays since his miscalculations at SLC. Also not as insightful as Dick Button and other commentators (on other networks) when it comes to basic skating.

Favorites:
    - Tara Lipinski- keeping it fun! I like commentators bringing back their skater days.
    - Sandra Bezic- choreographed so many beautiful programs, sharing with us what is beautiful skating.
    - Paul Wylie- knows his stuff and shows appreciation where it's due
    Last edited by bibi24; 04-06-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koheikun90 View Post

Least favorite was Sandra Bezic. She's way too biased and speaks at the wrong times .

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I watched the Loft on Youtube. It was so much fun! Johnny is fun and Tara is fun! They looked so relaxed together on the sofa. They provide very honest opinions and both are very intelligent, articulate commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by flatsee View Post
    Johnny, in particular, was intelligent, funny, honest and absolutely riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post

Scott drives me crazy with his screeching during every jump

Sandra Bezic and Andrea Joyce are pretty useless

I also usually like Paul Wylie and for past commentators, Terry Gannon, when he was commentating.
    Last edited by DragonPhoenix; 04-07-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Custom Title
    i like tara and tanith and ben-
    fyi i only watched the worlds on universal sports

tara did sound like she knew what she was talking about. so i liked her.

I have to say that I've never been a fan of Tara BUT I really enjoyed her commentary. I'm hoping they keep her as well as Jenny Kirk, Johnny Weir and Tanith & Ben. They did good bringing back Uncle Dick and Terry Gannon

I was really looking forward to Kristi but am neutral on her. I'm also neutral on Paul Wylie, he is knowledgable but does get biased

mixed on Sandra Bezic, normally I'm not a fan of her but she makes several comments that I agree with.

Not a fan of Scott or Peter

can't stand Tom Hammond :P (mispronounes names or calls them the wrong name altogether not to mention giving wrong/useless facts)

I also can't stand Andrea Joyce, "I know you are trying to hold back the tears, but how does it feel to fail infront of sooo many people?". Or "you did a great, so let's talk about how horrible you were last year". Really?! Woman go back and torment people at gymnastic competitions...no wait I watch that as well. Just go away.

Tripping on the Podium
    Tara and Johnny were really good, so relaxed but knowledgeable they were my favorites. I also lliked Peter and Paul Wylie I hope we see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuusb View Post
    I also can't stand Andrea Joyce, "I know you are trying to hold back the tears, but how does it feel to fail infront of sooo many people?". Or "you did a great, so let's talk about how horrible you were last year". Really?! Woman go back and torment people at gymnastic competitions...no wait I watch that as well. Just go away.
    I really agree on this one. She should not be interviewing anyone after a performance. Totally tactless and unsympathetic. A person without a heart, really.

My favorite commentatators were Scott and Sandra. Two reasons:

1. They know more than the others

2. They correctly called Mirai as the US Lady Champion.

What more could a skating fan ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuusb View Post
    Really? Does she REALLY say these? I do not know the said lady so I am asking.

Custom Title
    My favorites: Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic, Johnny Weir

Least favorites: Peter Curruthers and Tara Lapinsiki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2