Most Beautiful (Current) Ladies Skaters | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Most Beautiful (Current) Ladies Skaters

hongligl

Final Flight
Yu-Na Kim, Mao Asada, Kira, Qing Pang, Joannie Rochette, Anna Capelini, Tessa Virtue are pretty and beautiful. Tanithi is hot and pretty, but somehow I don't think she's beautiful. Xue Shen, Cynthia Phaneuf, Arakawa and Carolina to me are not that pretty but very beautiful.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
I find Laura Lepisto to be very beautiful (she looks like a combo between Caucasian and Asian, though I think that's probably common amongst the Finns, but still, I find her very exotic).

Miki Ando (I think she has a very feminine face and I love her cheekbones)

Nathalie Pechalat (very symmetric features, reminds me of Shae-Lynn Bourne)

Tanith Belbin (gorgeous girl, no need for explanation). These four I think have the most "interesting" pretty faces, especially Laura.

Also, I think Sarah Meier, Vera Bazarova and Candice Didier are also very attractive. The one time I saw Candice Didier perform (2009 worlds), she looked a lot like the actress Eva Green to me, but it could have been her makeup giving me that impression.

Ladies I find traditionally pretty (and probably pretty to most of the populace) are Yu-Na Kim, Kiira Korpi, Ksenia Makarova, Tessa Virtue (love the darkest brown hair and porcelain skin). If I could change one thing, it would be Yu-na's hair. I don't like the baby fringe that is natural to a lot of people (including me), but I think she would look good with some layers in her hair and maybe a side part.

The rest are all cute, and I mean that in a most sincere way. Mao isn't classically beautiful, but she's very cute in a girl-next-door sort of way, and I love her figure the most out of any of today's skaters. It's girlish and fit. She and Yu-Na have these beautiful legs that I wish I had!

Last edited:

bibi24

Final Flight
I find Laura Lepisto to be very beautiful (she looks like a combo between Caucasian and Asian, though I think that's probably common amongst the Finns, but still, I find her very exotic).
Mao and Yu-Na have these beautiful legs that I wish I had!

Back in the 90's some of the female skaters hated their developed legs (legs like Midori Ito) because it would make them look awkard in dresses :(

I admire both Mao and Yu-Na, but personally I think the slender girl build is too much.... I'd prefer a more balanced build (Miki) or even a swimmer's build such as Joannie Rochette.

Absolutely agree on Laura!!!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Back in the 90's some of the female skaters hated their developed legs (legs like Midori Ito) because it would make them look awkard in dresses :(

I admire both Mao and Yu-Na, but personally I think the slender girl build is too much.... I'd prefer a more balanced build (Miki) or even a swimmer's build such as Joannie Rochette.

Absolutely agree on Laura!!!!

Miki is about the same size as Mao and Yuna actually. There is a picture from Worlds of all 3 standing together and Miki looks just as thin as the other two, though she is a bit shorter (an inch maybe). I actually think Yuna looks quite healthy now, a few years ago she may have been too thin but now she has a gorgeous figure and looks radiant. Mao maybe shouldn't have lost the weight this season but before she did she also looked fine.

Joannie has a gymnast build not a swimmer build, Mirai is the one with the swimmer build.

CPWest

Rinkside
My pick:

Mao, Miki, Yuna, Qing Pang, Laura, Tessa, Tanith, Meryl (not a traditional beauty, but i find her very charming in her own way).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can't say this question interests me very much. One of my favorites ice dancers, Lyudmila Pakhomova,was not a beauty, but she was a totally, totally fabulous, and dramatic ice dancer, and the world of skating mourned when she died untimely. How they look isn't important to me...how they skate is.

prettykeys

Medalist
If I could change one thing, it would be Yu-na's hair. I don't like the baby fringe that is natural to a lot of people (including me), but I think she would look good with some layers in her hair and maybe a side part.
This is a little off-topic, but really...? I love the baby fringe...I'd probably love yours, too. :laugh: I have bangs, so mine don't show, but I don't have much of it.

I can't say this question interests me very much. One of my favorites ice dancers, Lyudmila Pakhomova,was not a beauty, but she was a totally, totally fabulous, and dramatic ice dancer, and the world of skating mourned when she died untimely. How they look isn't important to me...how they skate is.
This question didn't interest me much, either, but for slightly different reasons. I do appreciate beauty (physical, or personality-wise, talent-wise, all kinds) and like most people, I have my preferences, but I don't "rank" them...there are really too many beautiful skaters to be able to list them, but I do like the fact that people are sharing their preferences and pictures. :biggrin:

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Miki is about the same size as Mao and Yuna actually. There is a picture from Worlds of all 3 standing together and Miki looks just as thin as the other two, though she is a bit shorter (an inch maybe). I actually think Yuna looks quite healthy now, a few years ago she may have been too thin but now she has a gorgeous figure and looks radiant. Mao maybe shouldn't have lost the weight this season but before she did she also looked fine.

They might be the same height, but their built is very different. Miki has more of a typical "womanly" shape than Mao and Yu-Na.

Prettiest skaters are, IMO:
Tanith, Nathalie Pechalat, Laura Lepisto (prettier than Kiira IMO), Kiira Korpi, Mirai Nagasu, Yu-Na Kim, Cheltzie Lee Tatiana Navka & Anna Capellini
From the younger set: Elena Ilinykh, Adelina Sotnikova, & Sofia Biryukova look like they will all be stunning women once they grow up.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
They might be the same height, but their built is very different. Miki has more of a typical "womanly" shape than Mao and Yu-Na.

Prettiest skaters are, IMO:
Tanith, Nathalie Pechalat, Laura Lepisto (prettier than Kiira IMO), Kiira Korpi, Mirai Nagasu, Yu-Na Kim, Cheltzie Lee Tatiana Navka & Anna Capellini
From the younger set: Elena Ilinykh, Adelina Sotnikova, & Sofia Biryukova look like they will all be stunning women once they grow up.

I meant more their weight. Miki naturally definitely has a more womanly figure but since her weight loss has gotten considerably smaller. Her legs are now very thin (they look smaller than Yun'as) but through the shoulders and chest, yes, she is broader than Mao and Yuna.

Elena Illinykh is so pretty! I also think Shelepen and Ovcharova might be really pretty when they grow up too.

pcsqueen

Spectator
Yuna, Tessa, Laura - pretty & beautiful women
Kiira - traditionaly beautiful actress
Miki, Tanith - hot & sexy
Mirai, Mao -cute, the girl next door
Ksenia, Ashley, Sasha -pretty doll
:love:

Figga

Rinkside
Yuna, Tessa, Laura - pretty & beautiful women
Kiira - traditionaly beautiful actress
Miki, Tanith - hot & sexy
Mirai, Mao -cute, the girl next door
Ksenia, Ashley, Sasha -pretty doll
:love:

ksenia makarova has a nice body :)

I really agree. This reminds me of a recent thread where it was said that Xue Shen is not "beautiful" by Chinese standards. :eek: She's only the loveliest thing on ice! For me it's a questions of expanding the term beautiful to include whatever it enthralls you to look at. It's not a question of standard norms.

Pakhmatova & Gorshkov are a new discovery for me. WOW. Timeless perfection... and sizzle... IOW true beauty. Talk about two skating as one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZKOQai7l0

Last edited:

sunny0760

On the Ice
She's only the loveliest thing on ice! For me it's a questions of expanding the term beautiful to include whatever it enthralls you to look at. It's not a question of standard norms.

Xue Shen!:love: She is the star on ice. To me, her facial expression is the most dramatic and the hand movement! She is just glowing in whatever music she skates.

Now we're getting into the real thing! Beauty in an ice skater is an extra dimension beyond just a pleasing face. That's why someone like Xue Shen, whose heart is in her eyes, is totally gorgeous, especially when the music starts.

I think another aspect of beauty in skaters (and in people you know in life, as well) is that after you know people for awhile, they become beautiful to you because you see their spirit. People you wouldn't look at twice on the street become stunning because they share something of themselves with you.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Now we're getting into the real thing! Beauty in an ice skater is an extra dimension beyond just a pleasing face. That's why someone like Xue Shen, whose heart is in her eyes, is totally gorgeous, especially when the music starts.

I think another aspect of beauty in skaters (and in people you know in life, as well) is that after you know people for awhile, they become beautiful to you because you see their spirit. People you wouldn't look at twice on the street become stunning because they share something of themselves with you.

ITA with this. I've always thought so. Michelle Kwan is pretty enough but when she started skating she became stunning. Same with Yuna Kim....

Today's skaters.....

Pretty: Laura, Kira, Alissa, Sasha (I guess we can count her as current...)

Cute: Mao, Mirai....

I never really thought about how pretty Miki Ando was until people started pointing it out in GS. She is very pretty but I never like her costumes... She looks the most gorgeous when she is in her black practice clothes...

Definitely Miki looks more stunning in less elaborate clothes. She's also one of the lucky women who looks splendid in black, as does Michelle Kwan.

I can't remember whether anyone's mentioned Caroline Zhang. She belongs on anyone's "most beautiful" list.

brownfox

On the Ice
Korpi has this Grace Kelly look.

Yuna is simply beautiful.

I even find Witt quiet attractive even now.