Thread: your dream skating tour?

Banned

your dream skating tour?

who do you really wish to see on SOI or your own dream tour...you don't have to keep it to eligibles but please list skaters still living and able to skate though maybe not like they use to.

women

Kwan
    Yamaguchi
    Asada
    licinda ruh
    Rochette
    Allissa
    Sasha
    Yu-na

Men
    takahashi
    browning
    plushenko
    lambiel
    weir
    buttle
    elvis

pairs
    kulik/gordeeva and him as soloist
    shen/zhao
    pang/tong
    pelletier/sale

ice dance
    Virtue/Moir
    Davis/White

Men: Kurt Browning, Shawn Sawyer, Michael Weiss, Patrick Chan
    Ladies: Cynthia Phaneuf, Mirai Nagasu, Ashley Wagner, Mao Asada
    Pairs: Pang & Tong, Savchenko & Szolkowy, Denney & Barrett, Langlois & Hay
    Dance: Navarro & Bommentre, Belbin & Agosto, Dubreuil & Lauzon, Shae-Lynn Bourne (wish it could be with Victor Kraatz)

lol this cast is kinda similar to the US and Canadian Stars on Ice casts combined

Custom Title
    Mine:

Women: Yu-na, Mao, Michelle Kwan, Mirai, Joanie Rochette, Shizuka Arakawa, Shae Lynn Bourne
    Men: Takashi, Johnny Weir, Stephanie Lambiel, Lysaceck, Nobunari Oda, Adam Rippon
    Pairs: Shen/Zhao
    Ice Dance: Virtue/Moir
    Last edited by Lilith11; 04-08-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Custom Title
    My dream skating tour would include:

Ladies: Ekaterina Gordeeva, Shae Lynn Bourne, Lu Chen, Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Akiko Suzuki, Mirai Nagasu, Yu-Na Kim
    Men: Brian Orser, Johnny Weir, Ilia Kulik, Stephane Lambiel, Jeffrey Buttle, Takahiko Kozuka, Adam Rippon, Daisuke Takahashi
    Ice Dance: Coomes/Buckland, Delobel/Schoenfelder, Davis/White, Virtue/Moir
    Pairs: Evora/Ladwig, Pang/Tong, Shen/Zhao, the Protopopovs (I can dream, right? I don't care if they don't do any difficult elements at all, they're just incredible)

Actually, my favorite pair is Gordeeva/Grinkov, so sadly, I've listed Katia in Ladies. I will just have to settle for watching Vocalise, Reverie, Out of Tears and The Man I Love over and over again on youtube...

Tripping on the Podium
    Ladies,
    Sasha, Tara (I know she has retired), Alissa, Mirai and Ashley

Men,
    Takashashi, Weir, Plushenko, Elvis

Pairs: Shen/Zhao and Savchenko /Szolkowy

Dance: Davis/White and Belbin/Agosto

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Men: Evan, Ryan, Jeremy, Adam, Johnny, Jeff, Brian, Kulik, Yagudin, Boitano, Hamilton, Lambiel
    Women: Sasha, Michelle, Irina, Jenny Kirk, Alissa, Ashley, Sarah Hughes, Carolina, Joannie, Mao
    Pairs: Shen/ Zhao, Dube/ Davison, Savchenko/ Szoklowy, Pang/ Tong, Totmianina/ Marinin, Ina/ Zimmerman, Evora/ Ladwig
    Dance: Belbin/ Agosto, Virtue/ Moir, Navka/ Kastamorov (I think that was his name), Bourne/ Kraatz, Kerr/ Kerr, Davis/ White (they are starting to grow on me.....)

This was fun!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I'll take 3 from each discipline-
    Men: Johnny, Stephane, and Brian.
    Ladies: Yu-Na, Michelle, and Joannie.
    Pairs: Shen & Zhao, Pang & Tong, Kavaguti & Smirnov.
    Dance: D&W, B&A, V&M.

What I would really love would be an all-ice dance skating tour!

Custom Title
    Men: Stephane Lambiel, Jeffery Buttle, Daisuke, Competitive Johnny Weir and Illia.
    Women: Sasha, Katia, Michelle, Joannie, Mirai, Mao, Yu Na, Laura Lepisto, Alissa, Lucinda Ruh but perhaps Caroline Zhang if she didn't even attempt a jump.
    Dance: V&M, D&W, B&A
    Pairs: Shen and Zhau

On the Ice
    Men: Plushy, Yag, Kulik, Abt, Urmanov.
    Ladies: Irina Slutskaya, Liza Tuktamysheva, Adelina Sotnikova, Anna Ovcharova, Polina Agafonova, Julia Lipnitskaya.
    Dance: Bestemyanova & Bukin, Klimova &Ponomarenko, Usova & Julin, Grishuk & Platov, Ilyinyh & Katsalapov.
    Pairs: Gordeeva alone or with Kulik, Berejnaya & Sikharulidze, Mishkutyonok & Dmitriev, TT&MM.
    Also I saw them dancing together this year actually. It was so funny the pairs were Rodnina & Dmitriev and Moskvina & Mishin! It was hilarious, I want to see it again.

On the Ice
    Men: Lambiel, Kulik, Buttle, Abbott
    Lady: Yu-Na, Michelle, Sasha, Laura L
    Pair: Grodeeva/Kulik, Bere/Sikharu.., Shen/ Zhao, Szavchenko/ Szolkowy
    Dance: Virtue/Moir, Drobiazko/Varnagas, Anissina/Pezerrat, Belbin/Agosto

Rinkside
    Men: Jeremy, Johnny, Stephane, Adam, Takahiko, Daisuke. I've never seen an exhibition from Florent Amodio, but I think he could be entertaining as well.
    Women: Sasha, Michelle, Mirai, Yuna, Joannie, Ashley
    Dance: Charlie/Meryl, Tessa/Scott, Ben/Tanith

Custom Title
    The most important aspects of my dream skating tour would be that it would have plenty of time for rehearsal so that there could be duets and trios and quartets and larger ensembles consisting of skaters skating with each other, including in physical contact, other than long-time pair or dance teams . . . not just doing their own thing on the ice at the same time.

I'd want skaters and choreographers who are interested in exploring ways to use their bodies and blades that don't necessarily fit into the competitive format.

I'm not that interested in big pair tricks, but I'd be happy to have one or more adventurous pair skaters in the ensemble to perform moves that require those kinds of skills and body types.

There are many ice dancers I'd love to see in this kind of format, although most are no longer skating even as pros. I won't bother fantasizing about getting all of them in peak training condition and in their old partnerships; for a 2010 or later tour maybe some could contribute better as choreographers.

Here are some skaters I'd be happy to see in the cast:

Jeremy Abbott
    Kurt Browning
    Jeff Buttle
    Jeri Campbell
    Lu Chen
    Krisztina Czako
    Dmitri Dmitrenko
    Ilia Kulik
    Stephane Lambiel
    David Liu
    Olga Markova