your dream skating tour? | Golden Skate

your dream skating tour?

Bijoux

Match Penalty
who do you really wish to see on SOI or your own dream tour...you don't have to keep it to eligibles but please list skaters still living and able to skate though maybe not like they use to.

women

Kwan
Yamaguchi
Asada
licinda ruh
Rochette
Allissa
Sasha
Yu-na

Men
takahashi
browning
plushenko
lambiel
weir
buttle
elvis

pairs
kulik/gordeeva and him as soloist
shen/zhao
pang/tong
pelletier/sale

ice dance
Virtue/Moir
Davis/White

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Men: Kurt Browning, Shawn Sawyer, Michael Weiss, Patrick Chan
Ladies: Cynthia Phaneuf, Mirai Nagasu, Ashley Wagner, Mao Asada
Pairs: Pang & Tong, Savchenko & Szolkowy, Denney & Barrett, Langlois & Hay
Dance: Navarro & Bommentre, Belbin & Agosto, Dubreuil & Lauzon, Shae-Lynn Bourne (wish it could be with Victor Kraatz)

lol this cast is kinda similar to the US and Canadian Stars on Ice casts combined

Lilith11

On the Ice
Mine:

Women: Yu-na, Mao, Michelle Kwan, Mirai, Joanie Rochette, Shizuka Arakawa, Shae Lynn Bourne
Men: Takashi, Johnny Weir, Stephanie Lambiel, Lysaceck, Nobunari Oda, Adam Rippon
Pairs: Shen/Zhao
Ice Dance: Virtue/Moir

Last edited:

Ren

On the Ice
My dream skating tour would include:

Ladies: Ekaterina Gordeeva, Shae Lynn Bourne, Lu Chen, Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Akiko Suzuki, Mirai Nagasu, Yu-Na Kim
Men: Brian Orser, Johnny Weir, Ilia Kulik, Stephane Lambiel, Jeffrey Buttle, Takahiko Kozuka, Adam Rippon, Daisuke Takahashi
Ice Dance: Coomes/Buckland, Delobel/Schoenfelder, Davis/White, Virtue/Moir
Pairs: Evora/Ladwig, Pang/Tong, Shen/Zhao, the Protopopovs (I can dream, right? :) I don't care if they don't do any difficult elements at all, they're just incredible)

Actually, my favorite pair is Gordeeva/Grinkov, so sadly, I've listed Katia in Ladies. I will just have to settle for watching Vocalise, Reverie, Out of Tears and The Man I Love over and over again on youtube...

chrissy51

Rinkside
Ladies,
Sasha, Tara (I know she has retired), Alissa, Mirai and Ashley

Men,
Takashashi, Weir, Plushenko, Elvis

Pairs: Shen/Zhao and Savchenko /Szolkowy

Dance: Davis/White and Belbin/Agosto

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Men: Evan, Ryan, Jeremy, Adam, Johnny, Jeff, Brian, Kulik, Yagudin, Boitano, Hamilton, Lambiel
Women: Sasha, Michelle, Irina, Jenny Kirk, Alissa, Ashley, Sarah Hughes, Carolina, Joannie, Mao
Pairs: Shen/ Zhao, Dube/ Davison, Savchenko/ Szoklowy, Pang/ Tong, Totmianina/ Marinin, Ina/ Zimmerman, Evora/ Ladwig
Dance: Belbin/ Agosto, Virtue/ Moir, Navka/ Kastamorov (I think that was his name), Bourne/ Kraatz, Kerr/ Kerr, Davis/ White (they are starting to grow on me.....)

This was fun!

Wicked

Final Flight
I'll take 3 from each discipline-
Men: Johnny, Stephane, and Brian.
Ladies: Yu-Na, Michelle, and Joannie.
Pairs: Shen & Zhao, Pang & Tong, Kavaguti & Smirnov.
Dance: D&W, B&A, V&M.

What I would really love would be an all-ice dance skating tour!

tarotx

On the Ice
Men: Stephane Lambiel, Jeffery Buttle, Daisuke, Competitive Johnny Weir and Illia.
Women: Sasha, Katia, Michelle, Joannie, Mirai, Mao, Yu Na, Laura Lepisto, Alissa, Lucinda Ruh but perhaps Caroline Zhang if she didn't even attempt a jump.
Dance: V&M, D&W, B&A
Pairs: Shen and Zhau

parasolka

Rinkside
Men: Plushy, Yag, Kulik, Abt, Urmanov.
Ladies: Irina Slutskaya, Liza Tuktamysheva, Adelina Sotnikova, Anna Ovcharova, Polina Agafonova, Julia Lipnitskaya.
Dance: Bestemyanova & Bukin, Klimova &Ponomarenko, Usova & Julin, Grishuk & Platov, Ilyinyh & Katsalapov.
Pairs: Gordeeva alone or with Kulik, Berejnaya & Sikharulidze, Mishkutyonok & Dmitriev, TT&MM.
Also I saw them dancing together this year actually. It was so funny the pairs were Rodnina & Dmitriev and Moskvina & Mishin! It was hilarious, I want to see it again.

wolkenschloss

Rinkside
Men: Lambiel, Kulik, Buttle, Abbott
Lady: Yu-Na, Michelle, Sasha, Laura L
Pair: Grodeeva/Kulik, Bere/Sikharu.., Shen/ Zhao, Szavchenko/ Szolkowy
Dance: Virtue/Moir, Drobiazko/Varnagas, Anissina/Pezerrat, Belbin/Agosto

RockTheTassel

Rinkside
Men: Jeremy, Johnny, Stephane, Adam, Takahiko, Daisuke. I've never seen an exhibition from Florent Amodio, but I think he could be entertaining as well.
Women: Sasha, Michelle, Mirai, Yuna, Joannie, Ashley
Dance: Charlie/Meryl, Tessa/Scott, Ben/Tanith

gkelly

Record Breaker
The most important aspects of my dream skating tour would be that it would have plenty of time for rehearsal so that there could be duets and trios and quartets and larger ensembles consisting of skaters skating with each other, including in physical contact, other than long-time pair or dance teams . . . not just doing their own thing on the ice at the same time.

I'd want skaters and choreographers who are interested in exploring ways to use their bodies and blades that don't necessarily fit into the competitive format.

I'm not that interested in big pair tricks, but I'd be happy to have one or more adventurous pair skaters in the ensemble to perform moves that require those kinds of skills and body types.

There are many ice dancers I'd love to see in this kind of format, although most are no longer skating even as pros. I won't bother fantasizing about getting all of them in peak training condition and in their old partnerships; for a 2010 or later tour maybe some could contribute better as choreographers.

Here are some skaters I'd be happy to see in the cast:

Jeremy Abbott
Kurt Browning
Jeff Buttle
Jeri Campbell
Lu Chen
Krisztina Czako
Dmitri Dmitrenko
Ilia Kulik
Stephane Lambiel
David Liu
Olga Markova