Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Most Beautiful men skaters (current)

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,974
    Yay, someone started this thread! I have to look at some pictures before I finalize my list, but definitely Joubert and Fedor Andreev. Someone said Fedor looks like a model...he is a model, actually, which proves that even magazine people think he's smokin', not just us skate fans.

    I'm counting Ilia Kulik because he still skates professionally, and besides, he's on the Life List of "wow" skating guys.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    221
    The most attractive and adorable man for me is Stephane, but his features are not exactly what I would call "beautiful". Just the opposite for me with Nobu: He really has a classical beautiful face, but when I think of him it is like about my little brother.

    Also on my "beautiful male skaters" list:

    Adam Rippon (beautiful face, beautiful body lines, grace, grace grace )
    Javier Fernandez
    John Kerr
    Michael Brezina
    Tomas Verner

    Hot but not exactly beautiful:
    Maxim Shabalin
    Maxim Trankov (but only when he doesn't forget to shave)
    Daisuke Takahashi

  3. #48
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    BTW, you guys, when you say "cute" about men, does that mean he is adorable, likable, but not hot? Or do you mean good-looking guys who are attractive? I tend to use that word to mean the latter (Wow, he's cute!) in everyday language far more often than "Oh, he's beautiful" (I've acutally never said that), but I realize that some guys do not get "cute" as a compliment and seem to take it to mean the former one.
    I think I use 'cute' to mean he's adorable and he's got sex appeal.

    If someone has sex appeal, you don't necessarily call them 'hot'. 'Hot' is someone who's in heat and you can expect that person to chase after you (and maybe devour you).

    To call a guy 'cute' is definitely a compliment.


    '

  4. #49
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19
    I hate to be petty, but it seems like I always enjoy the more attractive skaters. To me, that would be...

    Brian, Stephane and Johnny are all beautiful. Brian and Stephane are in a classic way and Johnny has more of a unique look, imo. I love his perfect skin and expressive eyes, but his hair and clothes do not always look good. I think Daisuke is definitely the "hot" one of the bunch and Jeremy has a great smile and nerdy cuteness. Adam, Michal, and Takahiko are all cute in a boyish way.

    Love them all.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    BTW, you guys, when you say "cute" about men, does that mean he is adorable, likable, but not hot? Or do you mean good-looking guys who are attractive? I tend to use that word to mean the latter (Wow, he's cute!) in everyday language far more often than "Oh, he's beautiful" (I've acutally never said that), but I realize that some guys do not get "cute" as a compliment and seem to take it to mean the former one.
    Generally, I think "cute" when referring to guys means good-looking, not adorable or cuddly. The range can go all the way from "I want to give that guy another look" to acute fever and trembling. But it's a word that refers to surface attributes--you don't use "cute" for someone who has any personal emotional pull for you.

  6. #51
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I think I use 'cute' to mean he's adorable and he's got sex appeal.

    If someone has sex appeal, you don't necessarily call them 'hot'. 'Hot' is someone who's in heat and you can expect that person to chase after you (and maybe devour you).

    To call a guy 'cute' is definitely a compliment.
    '
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Generally, I think "cute" when referring to guys means good-looking, not adorable or cuddly. The range can go all the way from "I want to give that guy another look" to acute fever and trembling. But it's a word that refers to surface attributes--you don't use "cute" for someone who has any personal emotional pull for you.
    Thanks! That's interesting. I personally find "beautiful" a better compliment to a woman than "hot/sexy." The former seems like the other person is finding beauty both inside and outside of yours and also it just sounds more gentlemanlike for a guy to say so. I understand "cute" can sound a bit superficial. I feel that "pretty" can sound kind of similarly to women in that it's kind of light. But then what is the equivalent word for men to "beautiful" for women?

    Re: adorable, some of my guy friends say they are pleased to be told "adorable" more than "cute" because "adorable" is more about the character. I didn't quite get that.
    Last edited by Bennett; 04-09-2010 at 11:40 PM.

  7. #52
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Just the opposite for me with Nobu: He really has a classical beautiful face, but when I think of him it is like about my little brother.
    Yeah, Nob is very beautiful in the traditional sense.
    Like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNew4tQnLY

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Thanks! That's interesting. I personally find "beautiful" a better compliment to a woman than "hot/sexy." The former seems like the other person is finding beauty both inside and outside of yours and also it just sounds more gentlemanlike for a guy to say so. I understand "cute" can sound a bit superficial. I feel that "pretty" can sound kind of similarly to women in that it's kind of light. But then what is the equivalent word for men to "beautiful" for women?

    Re: adorable, some of my guy friends say they are pleased to be told "adorable" more than "cute" because "adorable" is more about the character. I didn't quite get that.
    I agree that it's more gentlemanly to call a woman beautiful rather than the other two words you used, especially one you meet face to face. The latter two words can be taken the wrong way unless you are in a relationship with the woman and she is the earth and sky to you! Otherwise, they're safest when used for actresses, models, and other women whose jobs depend on their looks--ladies you'll never meet but will only see an image of on a screen or a poster. Generally, "pretty" used for a guy means softer features, maybe even androgynous, the kind of guy who becomes an idol of preteens--a Jonas brother, maybe. Calling a man "pretty" to his face could even be considered insulting. "Beautiful" for a man--well, there are men who are beautiful, but generally only a woman can get away with using the word. (An equivalent is "gorgeous." Most men in the U.S. would be uncomfortable hearing that word as a compliment in an everyday setting. By contrast, women like being thought of as gorgeous, though again, it's a word used carefully to someone you know casually.) The safest words for a guy are generally "handsome" or the all-purpose term "good-looking."

    That being said, let us return to contemplation of the gorgeous guys of figure skating! Come to think of it, why don't they have posters of some of these men? And if Evan Lysacek and Fedor Andreev are models, why don't they appear in the magazines I buy?

  9. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,187
    Maurizio Margaglio.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I live near the New Jersey coast
    Posts
    184

    Beautiful skating men

    Jeffrey Buttle, Adam Rippon, Evan Lysacek, Brian Joubert, Andrew Poje, Fedor Andreev, Scott Moir also Tomas Verner and Stephane lambiel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •