Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SOI DC - Notes from the show

Nice job with the pics, RD. Thanks!

I agree about Yuka being made for this. Definitely was a highlight when Scott brought a 'spin off' of SOI here to Anchorage in 1999.

Down With It
    I just wanted to add...Alyssa is definitely in person...and was VERY friendly to us. She and Meryl - my favorite skater encounters so far...quite a nice surprise.
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-10-2010 at 03:53 PM.

You're lucky to have met all those skaters. I did get to sit right next to the ice at a Canadian Stars On Ice show once, but I didn't actually talk to any skaters. It was cool to have them standing right in front of me at the end though, and I did shake Shae-Lynn Bourne's hand.

Banned
    hey, r.d. no pics of you? we should have a gs photo members thread. i'll post a few years old pic, tho lol.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    hey, r.d. no pics of you? we should have a gs photo members thread. i'll post a few years old pic, tho lol.

Well...I've been on GS for what, eight years now? And to this day I've NEVER posted a pic of myself either here, on FSU, or any other forum.

I just never felt comfortable with it. Others may be fine with it, but I never was...Last year I had some pics of the reception and cropped myself out of the photos I took with the skaters. This year I just wasn't going to upload those photos... *shrugs*

On the Ice
    I actually went to the show. At the George Washington University, the Students Activities Program was selling these tickets for 10 dollars if we had our student ids. Since I had gone to Festa on Ice last year, which was totally awesome, I didn't really expect much from this show. But I had to admit, despite the falls and few stumbles here and there, it was a fun. The skaters looked so much more relaxed and seemed to be having fun out there. I'm glad that I went, but I wish I could have dragged more friends along...they'd rather have gone out bar hopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2