Thread: Best and worst costumes of the season

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Best and worst costumes of the season

What skaters had the best and worst costumes of the season? I personally love simple costumes that do not distract from the skating but enhances the program. The skating should speak for itself. I think HD TV has changed the face of skating because I had no idea so many rhinestones were used in skating! Plus Project Runway is on, so I'm kind of in the mood. Anyway...

Pairs SP:
    Best- Shen/Zhao.
    Worst- Volosozhar/Morozov. She had the body for it but he looked really tacky.

Pairs LP:
    Best - Savchenko/Szolkowy. The vintage costumes was very appropriate for the music.
    Worst: Morand/Dorsaz. Fake burberry?

Men's SP:
    Best: Takahiko Kozuka
    Worst: Azbal Rakimgaliev
    *I never really cared for Johnny Weir's taste but I really liked his SP costume this year, even with the tassel.

Men's LP:
    Best: Evan Lysacek (Nationals). Gray and black are is favorite combination and the fit was very flaterring. I also liked the caged shurg. I was disappointed he didn't use it at the Olympics.
    Worst: Evgeni Plushenko. He look like a craps dealer gone wrong. Also, Alban Preaubert. He might as well wore an Ed Hardy t-shirt and did a program about the Jersey Shore.

OD:
    Best: Davis and White. Very authentic Indian attire.
    Worst: Dominina and Shabalin. Tacky, offensive, just plain bizzare. Its like they made their costumes from the fake plant section at walmart. Also Beier/Beier, I was quite offended, too.

Free Dance:
    Best: Ilynikh and Katsapalov. (WJC) Dramatic yet understated. Controversy yet tasteful.
    Worst: Belbin and Agosto. Ben just looked sloppy this season. I think it was the hair.

Ladies SP:
    Best: Yu Na Kim
    Worst: Rachel Flatt. It just was flat.

Worst: Alena Leonova.

*For Yu Na Kim, I don't expect anything less from someone who's net worth is $9M.

On the Ice
    Pairs SP:
    Best- Shen/Zhao
    Worst- Volosozhar/Morozov

Pairs LP:
    Best - Pang/Tong(OGM)

Men's SP:
    Best: Daisuke Takahashi

Men's LP:
    Best: Nobunari Oda

Ladies SP:
    Best: Mao Asada(TEB)

Ladies LP:

Men's: LP. Johnny.
    Men's SP. Nob.
    Ladies LP. Lepisto. Very pretty. All of the Akiko's dresses were pretty good, too. Ashley. Simply fantastic. Caro's. Simply beautiful.
    Ladies SP. Ashley. absolutely beautiful. Mao (the pink one with a bouquet of flowers that she wore at COR, Nationals, and 4CC). Caro's Worlds.

Worst
    Miki's LP costumes, except for the first beige one and the Oly. The tiger one at Nationals was the worst.
    Kiira's neon costume. Who designes her costumes and how happy she is with them? Good for her that her beauty is not ruined regardless. Give her better costumes and how much more beautiful she may look.
    Caro's SP costume. Earlier in the season. Embarrassing.
    Elena's. The black one that covers up to her neck makes her look older than she is.

Custom Title
    Worst:
    All of Miki's SP costumes. They are busy and make her look heavier than she is. She looks great in those black pants she practices in, slim, athletic, nice lines - she should really considering wearing a unitard for one of her programs next year, I think it would play in her favor, her jumps look so crisp in practice in those tight black clothes.
    Rachael's SP and LP costumes. Not the best color choices for her skintone.

Best:
    Yuna's SP costume
    Amanda Dobbs SP and LP costume
    Mirai's SP costume
    Ashley's LP costume
    Cynthia's LP costume

Custom Title
    Best: Kiira's lp dress, very chic and classy. Elena Glebova's lp dress, dramatic and striking. Miki's brown cleopatra dress, very flattering to her figure and gorgeous.
    Yuna's sp dress, very unique and sexy in haute couture way.

Worst: Kiira's sp dress, made her look like a highlighter, Alena's lp dress, nothing Roxy about that dress, Miki's entire costume collection, Mao's mint sp dress at TEB, so glad she wore it only once.

Tripping on the Podium
    No one's complaining about Mao's LP costume? I liked her pink SP costume, though. Her new SP at the Olympics looked more like lingerie.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koheikun90 View Post

Men's LP:
    Best: Evan Lysacek (Nationals). Gray and black are is favorite combination and the fit was very flaterring. I also liked the caged shurg. I was disappointed he didn't use it at the Olympics.
    Ladies LP:
    Worst: Alena Leonova.

*For Yu Na Kim, I don't expect anything less from someone who's net worth is $9M.
    I agree that Evan's outfit at Nationals was the best of the season, but knowing how superstitious he is I knew he would not wear it to the Olympics considering his less than spectacular skate at Nationals. Instead he went with the one he won the GPF with.

Agree about Yu-na. For me Laura Lepisto was the best dressed in the LP and she is not making that kind of money. But Yu-na certainly looked regal, yet also simple.