Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Stats: Yuna and Mao, Senior Seasons ( brought from Yuna Forum )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    In short: Yuna wins!

But they are both amazing.

End of story

Not really end of story, unless one or both of them announce(s) her (their)retirement. Do you know something that we don't know? Maybe as a super Yuna fan you do know something the rest of us don't, has she announced her retirment? Yeah, since when did goldenskate turned into YuNa forum??
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-14-2010 at 06:59 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    Not really end of story, unless one or both of them announce(s) her (their)retirement. Do you know something that we don't know? Maybe as a super Yuna fan you do know something the rest of us don't, has she announced her retirment? Yeah, since when did goldenskate turned into YuNa forum??
    Don't worry, I'll be updating until they retires.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenskater View Post
    Don't worry, I'll be updating until they retires.
    Goldenskater, I was talking to silverlake not you. And my point is not about updating. Anyway you brought up a point "updating until they retires? " You mean retire, and not retires right? Do you mean "they", or do you mean updating until she retires??

So if they/ she have/ has not retired yet, then how can silverlake conclude "end of story".
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Goldenskater, I was talking to silverlake not you. And my point is not about updating. Anyway you brought up a point "updating until they retires? " You mean retire, and not retires right? Do you mean "they", or do you mean updating until she retires??

So if they/ she have/ has not retired yet, then how can silverlake conclude "end of story".
    ... O.o I think silverlake was just saying "end of story" as a conclusion (to her) of the raging debate of Mao vs. Yu-na, who's better? In reality, both are great skaters with unique strengths. :3 Silver didn't mean it literally, as in literally end of story... just as a conclusion of the fan wars.

... and there's no reason to respond so... angriily at Goldenskaters O.o 1). Yu-na forum? Visit the actual Yu-na forum and you'll see a world (universes actually) of difference -_- Discussing Yu-na on GS and having GS actually be a Yu-na forum is vastly different. At GS, there's a plethora of opiinions on Yu-na, ranging from WOW to meh. So even if she is being discussed (which is natural; she is considered one of the top skaters right now), it's not in the "I love Yu-na" fashion you'd find at her fan forum. No need to get snappy at anyone -_-

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    ... O.o I think silverlake was just saying "end of story" as a conclusion (to her) of the raging debate of Mao vs. Yu-na, who's better? In reality, both are great skaters with unique strengths. :3 Silver didn't mean it literally, as in literally end of story... just as a conclusion of the fan wars.
    Ah.. I think silverlake started her/his post "in short YUna wins", and ended with "end of story". So for him/her the story ended, Yuna wins. But in reality, unless one or both retire, the story has not ended. And BTW, this thread is "stats brought to GS from Yuna forum" not about the raging debate of who is better.

... and there's no reason to respond so... angriily at Goldenskaters
    Oh where is the anger, I didn't use any emoticon. BTW, when I was talking to Goldenskater, I ddin't brought up YuNa forum. I brought YuNa forum with silverlake. I only asked Goldenskater whether s/he mean "they retire" or "she retires"
    O.o 1). Yu-na forum? Visit the actual Yu-na forum and you'll see a world (universes actually) of difference -_-
    I do not visit skater specific forums, not even Michelle forum, so I have no idea how vastly is the difference.
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-14-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Custom Title
    Ah.. I think silverlake started her post "in short YUna wins", and ended with "end of story". So for him/her the story ended, Yuna wins. But in reality, unless one or both retire, the story has not ended. And BTW, this thread is "stats brought to GS from Yuna forum" not about the raging debate of who is better.

Oh where is the anger, I didn't use any emoticon.

I do not visit skater specific forums, not even Michelle forum, so I have no idea how vastly is the difference.
    If you don't know the difference then, please don't make sweeping generalizations. And you don't need to use emoticons; I'm perfectly capable of picking the tone in a post you know XD Furthermore, you seem to have disregarded silver's "They are both amazing." Yes, s/he has a Yu-na bias; BUT s/he acknowledges that both girls are amazing at the same time. And that is her/his conclusion based on what s/he has seen.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    If you don't know the difference then, please don't make sweeping generalizations. And you don't need to use emoticons; I'm perfectly capable of picking the tone in a post you know XD Furthermore, you seem to have disregarded silver's "They are both amazing." Yes, s/he has a Yu-na bias; BUT s/he acknowledges that both girls are amazing at the same time. And that is her/his conclusion based on what s/he has seen.
    OK got me on the generalization. If Silverlake concluded that Yuna wins, she was talking about Mao vs Yuna's skating records, how do you conclude that she meant end of the raging debate from fans? There is no end of story in reality unless one or both retire(s). I can say that without any bias
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-14-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Was this posted here with permission? Or is this just something you snagged?

Custom Title
    Allow me to clarify. In saying "end of story" I was just making the conclusion that AT THIS POINT IN TIME, Yuna is better than Mao - she is ranked higher, won more competitions recently, and has only lost twice in the past two seasons whereas Mao did not even make it to the GPF this season and didn't medal at Worlds last year.

In the future, if both girls continue to compete, of course it could change and Mao could overtake Yuna. Do I think that will happen? No. But, if Mao gets her 3lz and 3sal back and picks better programs, then could it happen? Absolutely.

I am a bit Yuna biased but I am not a Mao hater. They are both incredible skaters. I think Yuna is a better all-around skater and prefer her skating to Mao's but my views are similar to many others and can be supported by recent results. Yuna Kim is the Olympic Gold Medalist, Yuna Kim was a heavy favorite to win OGM, Yuna Kim has only lost 2 competitions (where she came in 2nd by a slim margin to Mao) in the past 2 seasons. I think it is a well known fact that Yuna is "better" than Mao AT THIS POINT in the eyes of most people.

That is all I was trying to say. Please don't bite my head off

Custom Title
    So your "end of story" is not the end of the raging fans debate as Lilth said, just a temporary pause at this point in time? and not "end of fan war"?

So Lilth you don't read minds (at least not silverlake's mind and definitely not my nind) l LOL, you don't know whether I was angry or not when I was talking to Goldenskater do you? Now please don't bite my head off
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-14-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Custom Title
    So your "end of story" is not the end of the raging debate among fans as Lilth said? So Lilth you don't read mind after all, and you don't know whether I was angry or not when I was talking to Goldenskater? Now please don't bite my head off
    Don't worry I won't. I just think it's silly that people keep arguing who's better when the results and in and the writing is on the wall....all in Yuna's favor. Yeah, she lost Worlds by 7 points because she had mistakes, but she also won the Olympics by 23 points. Mao is capable of beating Yuna but at this point Mao is not capable of scoring 150+ in the FS like Yuna has done, and with a clean SP she wasn't able to score 78+ points like Yuna has done or even 76 points which Yuna has done several times now. That is the reality. Maybe next season it will change but until then Queen Yuna rules

Custom Title

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Don't worry I won't.
    You won't what?? Try to read minds" Since you are quoting my reply to Lillth about reading minds.
    Anyway you think it is silly to argue who is better? Did I miss something? Is this a thread about arguing who is better? I thought this is a thread about stat brought to GS from YuNa forum?
    I just think it's silly that people keep arguing who's better when the results and in and the writing is on the wall....all in Yuna's favor. Yeah, she lost Worlds by 7 points because she had mistakes, but she also won the Olympics by 23 points. Mao is capable of beating Yuna but at this point Mao is not capable of scoring 150+ in the FS like Yuna has done, and with a clean SP she wasn't able to score 78+ points like Yuna has done or even 76 points which Yuna has done several times now. That is the reality. Maybe next season it will change but until then Queen Yuna rules
    Now silverlake that is more like it to be a superfan. Afterall FS is a sport, and bragging right is part of sports at least for some fans. So I think it is absolutely OK to brag. I mean in any other sports like hockey, some fans will be bragging, probably in a more direct way, e.g. my hockey team will kick your team's butt . I guess only in FS some fans are trying to brag in the round about way of "lets look at the fantastic stats, I think they are both fantastic". No need to hide behind the "they are both amazing" .
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-14-2010 at 10:47 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Was this posted here with permission? Or is this just something you snagged?
    yes~ of course~

Custom Title
    You won't what?? Try to read minds" Since you are quoting my reply to Lillth about reading minds.
    Anyway you think it is silly to argue who is better? Did I miss something? Is this a thread about arguing who is better? I thought this is a thread about stat brought to GS from YuNa forum?

Now silverlake that is more like it to be a superfan. Afterall FS is a sport, and bragging right is part of sports at least for some fans. So I think it is absolutely OK to brag. I mean in any other sports like hockey, some fans will be bragging, probably in a more direct way, e.g. my hockey team will kick your team's butt . I guess only in FS some fans are trying to brag in the round about way of "lets look at the fantastic stats, I think they are both fantastic". No need to hide behind the "they are both amazing" .
    True true, but I mean Mao's 3a is sicknasty. And don't even get me started on hockey, I'm probably an even bigger hockey fan than figure skating fan !

Tripping on the Podium
    Brian Orser is now my favorite Canadian, after Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    I see a lot of posts from people who seemed to have joined to discuss YUNA exclusively and her alledged superiority to all creatures. It's so old already.....
    So? What's wrong with that?

Seriously. If Yuna attracts a new group of admirers to take an interest in a sport that most people consider fluff, good.

But just so I won't be accused of being Yuna-focused, I'll throw in a few other names:

Miki, Rippon, Witt, Pele, Oprah, George W. Bush...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast